PDA

View Full Version : c12nz - i think its fooked :S

CarMadRJ
01-05-11, 10:46 PM
my little nova is having a few problems...
about a month ago she started overheating, so instantly i assumed head gasket, as the water was smelling of petrol. last week i also went to pull away (a little quickly i admit) from an uphill junction and it wasnt having any of it, and it was like i was running on kangaroo juice! and it was gettin worse and worse the more i drove it. eventually friday i gave the money needed for the parts and started stripping her down, however the old head gasket was fine :S ive recently changed all the spark plugs as it had the wrong ones in (although running fine) and within 200 miles they have gone fluorescent orange, showing bore overheating. also my valves were the same orange too. any suggestions on either of these?
thanks, thoughts appreciated, cause i want my car back :(

John
01-05-11, 10:49 PM
What's the oil like? smelling of fuel? was it using lots of fuel? if so i'd go for the coolant temp sensor :)

CarMadRJ
01-05-11, 11:07 PM
cheers john. oils fine thats the thing, and yer its only gettin 30mpg absolute tops, i used to get 40 to 45...any ideas on how to test it?

Damo
02-05-11, 10:43 AM
Just stick a new one in to be sure they only cost pennys have you checked the map sensor on the bulkhead mine had a mega petrol supping issue and the map sensor was goosed.

CarMadRJ
03-05-11, 12:42 AM
its part cured now...done a couple of things but still not perfect :/ least its driveable now! :L

maxlee
03-05-11, 10:08 AM
my 1.2i soloon run like a pig and over fuled we changed every thing then on a last hope i swapped ecu's for a corsa one i had kicking about and sorted covered 3000k then sold it and i think its still going strong now :)

CarMadRJ
08-05-11, 09:14 AM
So could I get exult remapped? As such...

CarMadRJ
08-05-11, 09:15 AM
* ecu