PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on colour

L33 LEG
01-05-11, 12:30 PM

calibra-keith
01-05-11, 12:44 PM
lad round corner from me has one that looks just the same in white with black wheels looks a bit rubbish with black wheels and with your wheels in black will probably let it down i think,

them wheels in white with clean car like that i think would set it off great, or if dont like white wheels keep them in red but nice and fresh.

L33 LEG
01-05-11, 12:47 PM
Im not wanting the wheels white, don't think they suit white CRXs much. I usually dislike black wheels as most of the time they look cheap but comps usually pull the colour off well. Hopefully a photoshop will help me decide

calibra-keith
01-05-11, 01:02 PM
white would look great but red looks just as good i would stick with red saves a job looks good as it is but i personally would prefer white, black wheels on CRX look rubbish on photos and worse in person i think you will regret it

im no photoshop expert or nerd but might help (took a minute as you may tell lol) but might help ?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff269/calibra-keith/crx.jpg

L33 LEG
01-05-11, 01:10 PM
That helps alot. It does look abit crappy, hard to tell with a pic though because you can never see black wheels well enough. Il keep them red and see how i feel, they're not going white though :p

TeddyThom
02-05-11, 01:16 AM
Gun metal grey? My Photoshop has disappeared from my pc so I'm assuming I need a new one lol

Royston
02-05-11, 08:10 AM
I think they are best as they are in red!

Yorkie
02-05-11, 09:12 AM
I think a metalic dark grey would be good :) blacks ok but it would hae to be satin unfortunalty the pic does it no justice as they look matt, i personly ( my own opinion ) dont really like the red, but i have white wheels so we probs have different tastes.

NovaLad
02-05-11, 09:36 AM
Orange like your indicators.

Royston
02-05-11, 10:21 AM
Orange like your indicators.

another good option, want something to contrast;)

My Sport has orange trackday wheels, so look left at my avatarlol

Yorkie
02-05-11, 10:29 AM
another good option, want something to contrast;)

My Sport has orange trackday wheels, so look left at my avatarlol

1x Bright pink with floresent yellow spots
1x Bright green with purple stars
1x baby blue with orange hearts
and finally 1x with lots of multicolours

:d lol

MK1_Ben
02-05-11, 10:43 AM
Anthracite?

L33 LEG
02-05-11, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the comments. Im not wanting to do them grey/orange/etc even though it may work. The options are red as it'll be easier for me or satin/matt black as it will be easier to spray them that. I know the red doesnt match the orange indicators but there's that many colours going on i dont think it matters.

Im liking the red so i will probably keep it like that for a bit and see how i feel. At least some of you agree so at least im not on my own lol

Thanks for the comments and opinions :)

Yorkie...no lol

Yorkie
02-05-11, 06:22 PM
awwwww would be so unique tho!! lol

JShannon
02-05-11, 09:41 PM
are these the wheels from the nova?

Any pics of it on honda wheels lol

Plug
02-05-11, 11:41 PM
this forsale???

Where have you found that to lee? lovely motor

and guessing by the non bumped bonnet its a vtec

L33 LEG
03-05-11, 07:59 AM
are these the wheels from the nova?

Any pics of it on honda wheels lol

Yes they're off my nova. Was going to fit some other wheels but this way was easier and cheaper lol The bore size is about 1mm out so they fit onto the crx perfect but the crx wheels wont quite fit onto the nova.

L33 LEG
03-05-11, 08:02 AM
this forsale???

Where have you found that to lee? lovely motor

and guessing by the non bumped bonnet its a vtec

I bought it last week off the main crx forum and was off an enthusiast so at least i could trust them. It is a vtec and a VERY clean one at that and would very easily go back to standard. I will be putting it up for sale at the end of summer but if anybody wants it now i will sell it for the right price, check how much these are worth first though lol

Rich
03-05-11, 07:43 PM
Gold? Sounds a bit dodgey but if someone could photoshop it. was going to do the wheels gold on my white old nova

Lewis.
03-05-11, 08:00 PM
keep them red, they really suit the car, as its already got alot of black and white on it. it breaks up the other colours a bit, and draws the eye in :thumb:

16v Nova Kev
03-05-11, 08:40 PM
Anthracite?
that colour:thumb:
p,s the garage looks ace:thumb:

L33 LEG
05-05-11, 09:44 AM
Gold? Sounds a bit dodgey but if someone could photoshop it. was going to do the wheels gold on my white old nova

When i finally get round to getting my next proper car im doing the wheels on that gold so dont really want to do the same to this.

Iv decided to keep them red, it looks great i think but if i start to get embarassed il just put the standard wheels back on to give it that standard look.

Cheers kev, take a look at my project thread if you want to see the build of it :thumb: