PDA

View Full Version : comments on the royal wedding.

mowgli
29-04-11, 12:19 PM
whether or not you agree with or care for the events today you have to admit, britain does put on a good show when it comes to these things...

88ESR
29-04-11, 12:29 PM
I'm at work so haven't seen any of it :) :(

L14MNP
29-04-11, 12:30 PM
Yeah we always do. I haven't seen any of it though. So much of the taxpayers money could be better spent elsewhere atm though! There's a real arrogance to being told to tighten our belts, then having to foot the security bill and who knows what else for these people who could easily pull it from their own pockets.

I think that is what annoys most.

Just to balance things out a bit, have a joke;

Kate says to Liz on her wedding day "what's the secret of a long marriage?" the Queen replies with "don't piss me off and wear your seatbelt."

mowgli
29-04-11, 12:38 PM
limp, the soldiers and police are already on salary, there are a lot of businesses that have gained from this, and their tax will go towards paying for it. the bbc will have sold the images round the world, all told i reckon this event made a profit

moffat
29-04-11, 01:04 PM
my mums been watching it, but i do agree we do know how to put a show on. tbh ive no intrest in it though. lol

Edd
29-04-11, 01:08 PM
Does look a good turn out

But IMO the Royal Family lost all credibility when Di died/got bumped off, and Harry is deffo Hewitt's son lol :tard:

.....I've been watching it tho lol

Lee
29-04-11, 01:08 PM
I bet kate is hoping not to have the same impact as Diana had. IE into the wall of a parisian tunnel.

Hoochie
29-04-11, 01:15 PM
I agree the cost of this could have been better spent elsewhere,( 80 million i think it was) yes a good show was put on, i didn't watch it all, just a peek at the dress.
Sturge and my daughter watched it for 2 hours while i ironed in the kitchen...lol
I just hope the telly isn't going to be taken over all day with repeated wedding footage.

VnoNovaD
29-04-11, 01:16 PM
Not ONE sniper interested today!

What a let down..:(

Tanya.
29-04-11, 01:24 PM

I'm quite shocked by the statuses on FB about wanting the queen shot dead etc... :tard:

Spudly
29-04-11, 01:26 PM
I'm quite shocked by the statuses on FB about wanting the queen shot dead etc... :tard:

As much as i am not a royalist i agree with that, fcuking shocking tbf:wtf:

Tanya.
29-04-11, 01:29 PM
As much as i am not a royalist i agree with that, fcuking shocking tbf:wtf:

Snap. I couldn't really care less about the family...but still :tard:

L14MNP
29-04-11, 01:36 PM

All hail the EDL and their 'Ring of steel' LOL

Same. I would be aiming for Chaz.

Spudly
29-04-11, 01:37 PM
Same. I would be aiming for Chaz.

I wouldnt, id be aiming for that hippocrocapig that he replaced Diana with, fugly back end of a bus face that is Camilla:wtf:

If i were William id have told him i didnt want 'it' at my wedding!

L14MNP
29-04-11, 01:41 PM
I forgot about her. lol

Charles first, and have Camilla standing behind him then :thumb: Or just hack out Charles' ivory and leave him to bleed to death and send her to the glue factory.

Edd
29-04-11, 01:42 PM

:roll: what a complete tool you are, stupid thing to say really

Bout time people started being a little more proud of things in this country IMO, things everywhere would be a lot better

wwmnw
29-04-11, 01:45 PM

Bout time people started being a little more proud of things in this country IMO, things everywhere would be a lot better

I disagree, things will probably never get better in this country no matter how much pride people have.

L14MNP
29-04-11, 01:46 PM
I disagree, things will probably never get better in this country no matter how much pride people have.

That's the British spirit! :roll: lol

I don't think Edd likes Ben cos he doesn't like Novas. lol

mowgli
29-04-11, 01:49 PM
the royal wedding will have cost way less to stage than the london marathon.. i didn't hear anyone bitching about that...when you see that a 'normal' wedding costs something like £300 per person attending, it sound cheap

can people just get over it and look at a happy day for 2 nice people...

Edd
29-04-11, 01:49 PM
lol I don't really care if he likes nova's tbh lol does seem strange being on a nove forum if he doesn't tho lol

Just couldn't really see the need for comments like that :thumb:

L14MNP
29-04-11, 01:51 PM
lol I don't really care if he likes nova's tbh lol does seem strange being on a nove forum if he doesn't tho lol

lol I left a trail of bread crumbs for him.

the royal wedding will have cost way less to stage than the london marathon.. i didn't hear anyone bitching about that...when you see that a 'normal' wedding costs something like £300 per person attending, it sound cheap

Mowgli, I moan when there's bloody joggers blocking the roads that I pay for! lol

We aren't as bitter as you think. We're just having a laugh. Stop trying to force your outdated royalist views on us! Go and sit in your chair. lol

Spudly
29-04-11, 01:52 PM

No i agree with this completely, im of the thought that your surroundings are only as bad as you make them or allow them to become.

If none of us cared at all then the whole country would end up as one massive council estate full of pondlife (apologies to any council estate dwellers im only generalising and not having a go) wheras if we all took a little pride in this country instead of not giving a shoite, then it would be far better:thumb:

Tanya.
29-04-11, 01:52 PM

Agreed, they "seem" two lovely people and even if they weren't i'd never wish someone upset on one of the biggest days of their lives :)

mowgli
29-04-11, 01:53 PM

re the 1st point... if you use that logic, then most of the senior members & admin need to leave too...

re the 2nd point... i've never heard as much anti royalist crap spouted as i have over this event.... and the people who have been spouting it wouldn't dare do it in a crowded pub today because they would be carted off in an ambulance

L14MNP
29-04-11, 01:57 PM
Same goes for your many stories. I'm sure you would earn a name or two down the pub were you to spout them as often as you do here. lol

wwmnw
29-04-11, 01:59 PM
re the 1st point... if you use that logic, then most of the senior members & admin need to leave too...

re the 2nd point... i've never heard as much anti royalist crap spouted as i have over this event.... and the people who have been spouting it wouldn't dare do it in a crowded pub today because they would be carted off in an ambulance

I highly doubt that would happen in my local, they probably don't even have the TV on.

mowgli
29-04-11, 01:59 PM
No i agree with this completely, im of the thought that your surroundings are only as bad as you make them or allow them to become.

If none of us cared at all then the whole country would end up as one massive council estate full of pondlife (apologies to any council estate dwellers im only generalising and not having a go) wheras if we all took a little pride in this country instead of not giving a shoite, then it would be far better:thumb:

to be honest there spud, our local council estates have been the ones with all the flags out for days, and they are having the street parties... well they do have more big screen tellys...

this is where england(as opposed to the other home nations) annoys me, people keep banging on about how crap things are, yet won't do a thing to help make it a better place... 20 odd years ago i moved into a house in a nice little town, and there was a patch of waste ground covered in long grass & weeds.. it was a right mess, the neighbours told me it had always been like it... so i borrowed a strimmer & attacked it.. then suddenly people came out with their mowers & barrows & by nightfall it was clear. i've visited the place a few times over the years, and it is still tidy.. simple gestures improve the place.

Spudly
29-04-11, 02:01 PM
20 odd years ago i moved into a house in a nice little town, and there was a patch of waste ground covered in long grass & weeds.. it was a right mess, the neighbours told me it had always been like it... so i borrowed a strimmer & attacked it.. then suddenly people came out with their mowers & barrows & by nightfall it was clear. i've visited the place a few times over the years, and it is still tidy.. simple gestures improve the place.

My point exactly:thumb:

L14MNP
29-04-11, 02:03 PM
I highly doubt that would happen in my local, they probably don't even have the TV on.

Maybe in Wooton Basset (not talking p!ss out of the place, what they do for our war dead is absolutley superb!) and the like yeah, but I agree with Andrew. It wouldn't happen around here either. There more than a modicum of civic and national pride, but the people that feel that strongly about the Royals, and are in the pub will be in the very small minority.

Jack
29-04-11, 04:01 PM
limp, the soldiers and police are already on salary
If only! The police will be on overtime, and probably anyone other than the RG will be on call-in.

I'll close the door on my way out then lol

Hayley
29-04-11, 04:21 PM
Well I bloody loved the whole day!! stuff the lot of you that didnt like it and I dont care about saying it lol

Had a big screen up in the local park area and there were loads of people with picnics/painted faces/flags etc..

Everyone stood up during the national anthem and much cheering was had during key parts of the wedding.

I felt so proud at that point and I wish we could all be like it every day. We put on a dam good show and showed the rest of the world our amazing history and traditions.

I personally dont give a flying fook how much it cost.

wwmnw
29-04-11, 04:57 PM
What did you feel proud about? Two people getting married?

That's what I don't understand, people saying they were proud, why? Its not like Kate or Will know who you are or did it for you, or anyone else in the UK, they got married because they love each other, and that's what people that love each other do.

John
29-04-11, 05:00 PM
where's me popcorn! lol

Southie
29-04-11, 05:15 PM
where's me popcorn! lol
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_piXE8lFEABo/TPXdvCwgo6I/AAAAAAAAA1I/c9tGyngMSjM/s1600/Popcorn.jpg

Hayley
29-04-11, 05:25 PM
What did you feel proud about? Two people getting married?

That's what I don't understand, people saying they were proud, why? Its not like Kate or Will know who you are or did it for you, or anyone else in the UK, they got married because they love each other, and that's what people that love each other do.

I was proud to be British and our royal family.
I was proud of everyone in the neighbourhood getting behind them and waving their national flag even if just for a day.
I was proud of the ability most of the country had to enjoy a national event with no moaning about government cuts and lack of money. people just came out and cheered the couple on. thats our future King and Queen dont forget
You can feel proud of people without knowing them. :roll:

88ESR
29-04-11, 05:31 PM
Aston Martin??

Where was the Nova?

Southie
29-04-11, 05:45 PM
Watched it and enjoyed it tbh, the beer helped lol

How come though that Prince William didn't have a wedding ring though? :confused:

L14MNP
29-04-11, 05:46 PM
Aston Martin??

Where was the Nova?

They're German... lol

Southie
29-04-11, 05:47 PM
They're German... lol
Spanish lol

mowgli
29-04-11, 05:47 PM
lots of blokes don't have one, and to be honest, i don't think there is anyone in the world who hasn't worked out he's married....

is there a rule in the forces about no jewellery?

twistysnovagte
29-04-11, 05:48 PM
im pretty p!ssed off tbh this day was originaly marked as a "bank holiday"(paid for)
then turned out to be a "public holiday", in this case it is your employer's discretion on weather he pays you for the day or not, in my case i wasnt to be paid!
therefore i had to use one of my entilted holidays:mad:
we couldnt go into work as the main contractor's were taking the day off leaving us no option but not to be in.!
if there was a gift to each "british" family then fair enough but there wasnt

the royals(german by history) have never done anything for me,so why the fcuk should i give a sh!t about them.
why couldnt it have been on a saturday!!??
PATHETIC!

Southie
29-04-11, 05:50 PM
lots of blokes don't have one, and to be honest, i don't think there is anyone in the world who hasn't worked out he's married....

is there a rule in the forces about no jewellery?
I was thinking it could be that it's not a done thing with Royal males wearing hand jewelry... the missus has just informed me that he chose not to wear one.

Southie
29-04-11, 05:52 PM
Twistynova, go self employed then!

L14MNP
29-04-11, 05:56 PM
I was thinking it could be that it's not a done thing with Royal males wearing hand jewelry... the missus has just informed me that he chose not to wear one.

He should choose to take the barnet down to the wood too! lol

Southie
29-04-11, 05:58 PM
He should choose to take the barnet down to the wood too! lol
Prince baldylocks lol the poor lad.

Jack
29-04-11, 06:17 PM
Apprently its quite the done thing for the man not to have a ring. TBH, I'll have one when (errr, if lol) I get married.

As for the forces, I know plenty of armed guys with a band.

John
29-04-11, 06:18 PM
I have a ring, but rarely wear it.

Jack
29-04-11, 06:18 PM
I have a ring
Snigger lol

John
29-04-11, 06:22 PM
meh, was merely a prompt for you jack lol

twistysnovagte
29-04-11, 06:27 PM
why would i want to do that:wtf:
then id have no holiday's whatsoever(well non paid ones)

plus ive just got my-self a payrise from work(two week back) i get expenses company vehicle etcetc

so why would i want to give that up going self employed,this would achieve me?????
because some farce that could have been on a saturday.
As i say the royals have never done anything for me,..... and for you im guessing?
its a tradition thing that will never appeal to me.
this is my thoughts and opinions on the matter!

mowgli
29-04-11, 06:39 PM
please stop with the 'they are germans' routine.

our nation is formed from ancient briton, roman (italian), angle(german), saxon (german), viking(scandanavian), norman (scandanavian via france), and then since 1500ad, a remarkable movement of people from all over europe, then we created a global empire.... the present british royal family have been resident here for 200+ years, they are more british than most of us... because of queen victoria, you'll find that all the other royal houses of europe were actually filled with people who were born in britain..

scousers banging on about the germans is just a bit too 70's these days...

wwmnw
29-04-11, 07:05 PM
I was proud to be British and our royal family.
I was proud of everyone in the neighbourhood getting behind them and waving their national flag even if just for a day.
I was proud of the ability most of the country had to enjoy a national event with no moaning about government cuts and lack of money. people just came out and cheered the couple on. thats our future King and Queen dont forget
You can feel proud of people without knowing them. :roll:

This is just my personal opinion, there isn't a lot in there to be proud of.

I'll never really agree on it though, the royal family are just another bunch of people in the papers/on tv for me, its a bit like Christmas and birthdays, after a few years its just another day, you get used to it and stop caring about it.

twistysnovagte
29-04-11, 07:15 PM
please stop with the 'they are germans' routine.

our nation is formed from ancient briton, roman (italian), angle(german), saxon (german), viking(scandanavian), norman (scandanavian via france), and then since 1500ad, a remarkable movement of people from all over europe, then we created a global empire.... the present british royal family have been resident here for 200+ years, they are more british than most of us... because of queen victoria, you'll find that all the other royal houses of europe were actually filled with people who were born in britain..

scousers banging on about the germans is just a bit too 70's these days...
the german bit came out in anger!
but to sarcasticly state about "SCOUSER's" banging on about which i know is aimed at me, as no other person in this thread from liverpool or "surrounding" area's have quoted them as germans
im not a scouser by the way. so keep the topic on track pal ;)

ive stated my opinions and nothing they(royals) do will ever change my view as to the way i look at them.

Andy
29-04-11, 07:18 PM
I actually watched it,was good.
WOW she looked hot,fair play to him.

Andy
29-04-11, 07:26 PM
This,
I finished yesterday even though i had a days work on today i did thurs and fri's work yesterday.Was fukked when i got in but fukk it,nice long PAID WEEKEND:cool:
Anyways..

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7--ITNRKrF8CUgV_stHufccjcaPgZUP7dFRlHpu2mZFfx_5cR

wwmnw
29-04-11, 07:27 PM
ive stated my opinions and nothing they(royals) do will ever change my view as to the way i look at them.

:thumb:

Andy, I think she looked nice too but on facetube all the lasses were going on about how her dress was "gorgeous" and she looked "stunning" I thought the dress was boring and bland and she didn't look as good as I was expecting.

Shes hot, no doubt about it, but I was expecting more, especially as some guy was specially selected to do her hair.

OK so I watched 5 minutes of the actual wedding part to get a glimpse of her lol

Andy
29-04-11, 07:31 PM
Her dress was nice,she looked amazing.
Massive dresses are phayle imo

Southie
29-04-11, 07:33 PM
why would i want to do that:wtf:
then id have no holiday's whatsoever(well non paid ones)

plus ive just got my-self a payrise from work(two week back) i get expenses company vehicle etcetc

so why would i want to give that up going self employed,this would achieve me?????
So stop wittering and be greatful you've got a job, going self employed would mean you could only blame yourself for not getting payed but over the year your bound to make enough to justify a days holiday on the books ;)

twistysnovagte
29-04-11, 07:50 PM
So stop wittering and be greatful you've got a job, going self employed would mean you could only blame yourself for not getting payed but over the year your bound to make enough to justify a days holiday on the books ;)

this topic is about the royals(wedding) and not about me being self employed,employed
i aint wittering or being ungratful, im staing my opinion on the topic related;)

you trying being self-employed in my line of work(construction)and in its current climate see how you get on on,if i knew id be secure for the next 3/4/5 years then yes but as i say ive been in this line of work long and seen many come and go, but im still here touch wood(my head lol);)
i got better things to worry about:roll:

Pistol Pete
29-04-11, 07:56 PM
I had it on in the background at first (my dad and i are currently part way through my epic kitchen rebuild) my sister then text to say they were having some mates round and doing a fry up. I pedalled like a mad man to hers lol

Im not a massive supporter of the royal family and i dont pretend to be. However, i showed some interest in it as IMO it will only happen once in my lifetime.

Its a massive occasion for our country and we put on a well organised show.

Hayley
29-04-11, 08:05 PM
This is just my personal opinion, there isn't a lot in there to be proud of.

I'll never really agree on it though, the royal family are just another bunch of people in the papers/on tv for me, its a bit like Christmas and birthdays, after a few years its just another day, you get used to it and stop caring about it.
Fair play then. We can agree to disagree. :-)

Nova_Tek
30-04-11, 12:14 AM
Congrats to them both and all the best.

No point moaning about the money that went into it, it's not like it happens everyday. At the end of the day they are a Royal family, it's a part of Great Britain's tradition and culture and has been for many hundreds of years so I'm not sure why people are slating them. How crap would it be and look to the rest of the world if they had some normal average wedding? I know many normal even poor people that spend £60k+ on weddings.

Many people seemed to have enjoyed the day with parties and stuff in streets everyone seemed happy. Whether of not my taxes have gone towards the wedding doesn't bother me.

Yorkie
30-04-11, 12:37 AM
I got free cake that some posh person was handing out in corby once they were married so i was happy. Cake was well nice to, was a four teered square wedding cake!!!

NOVA saloon
30-04-11, 12:51 AM
Congrats to And all the best. I'm nice you see.

My Big Fat Gyipsy Wedding was better lol.

Tanya.
30-04-11, 10:36 AM
PATHETIC!

Why should they have to change one of the biggest days of their lives just to try and fit around everyone else. No matter what day they picked there would of been complaints.

Edd
30-04-11, 10:44 AM
im pretty p!ssed off tbh this day was originaly marked as a "bank holiday"(paid for)
then turned out to be a "public holiday", in this case it is your employer's discretion on weather he pays you for the day or not, in my case i wasnt to be paid!
we couldnt go into work as the main contractor's were taking the day off leaving us no option but not to be in.!

the royals(german by history) have never done anything for me,so why the fcuk should i give a sh!t about them.
PATHETIC!

I think you'll find it's your boss that you should have a problem with not the royal family :thumb: your boss has bumped you a days pay no one else :)

Ferret2589
30-04-11, 01:54 PM
Personally I quite enjoyed it, I went to a hill near where I live in aylesbury and watched a 21 gun salute, WWII style. It was good.

Congrats to them both...

ben doodar
30-04-11, 02:23 PM
Now now gents this is supposed to be a discussion not a debate! lol
I didn't watch any of it as I was busy in the garage but did listen to coverage on the radio Although i heard a spit fire and Lancaster bomber flew by, I'd of like to of seen that. People always complain this country is all doom and gloom then when there's a party and a day off from work (cheers) some people can still be unhappy.

This country needs more pride if you ask me, that's what's wrong with the place!! if I see someone chuck rubbish from there car chuck rubbish next to a bin etc it wineds me up sumit rotten. lol

And surely this event has raised more money, in tourism etc than it had cost.

Disclaimer; All comments are the views of the original poster. By no means are these opinions, correct or valid.

lol lol lol

bmw156
30-04-11, 02:51 PM
i didnt watch the main show, just the highlights. she looked good. was a very nice example of a wedding etc.

and i like how much publicity it had around the world. when was the last time a wedding was cast around the world from another country, never.

and shut up who ever is saying there isnt anything to be proud off. what if you lived in some run down country, where guns were a common thing, killings were like second nature, acts of god happened and killed thousands and you had to go and find your food every day. think your self lucky. everyone has tough times but never that tough.

novacabrio
30-04-11, 07:20 PM
7 pages on comments on the wedding and not on person has comented on

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2011/0/6/image-1-for-royal-wedding-mirror-co-uk-readers-pictures-gallery-56080950.jpg

Or is that somewhere else on the forum and I have missed it?

LiquidPug
30-04-11, 07:38 PM
http://www.myiconart.com/ekmps/shops/myiconart/images/celebrity-juice-keith-lemon-bang-tidy-mens-t-shirt-58444-p.png

Stuart
30-04-11, 08:02 PM

PATHETIC!

If it was a bankholiday then most employers would have taken it from your annual leave entitlement anyway.... Some (the nice ones who tend not to have Unions hassling them) companies will have given it as a freebie.

I had no real interest in the wedding, as frankly a wedding is a wedding, BUT it was nice to see the forces out in their formal gear, the historic 'orse and carts, the BOBM flight (and to a lesser extent the retired jets and the new jets with no real armament lol), and the hundreds and thousands of people from all walks of life and countries out being well behaved and having a right old laugh.

Jack
30-04-11, 08:05 PM
7 pages on comments on the wedding and not on person has comented on

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2011/0/6/image-1-for-royal-wedding-mirror-co-uk-readers-pictures-gallery-56080950.jpg
Westminster has pub carpet? lol