PDA

View Full Version : tempramental when warm-starting

onephatnova
21-06-03, 02:22 PM
:? :idea: :?:

any idea's wot the ickle problem could be with my red baby?

it happened on the way to Santa Pod while on convoy with many from NL and i was lucky that some of them were able to help me & get it started, by using the "screw-driver in the spark plug trick". I didnt catch everyone's name... so if it was u let us know, or if anyone has any ideas pls add ur suggestions...

it doesn't happen that regularly, starts perfectly when cold, only happens when its warm. It will then start if you leave it for 5-15mins and then once it starts it runs very well.

mikeoxford
21-06-03, 05:37 PM
its possibly cos your using the wrong ecu (which ill sort out for you next weekend probly, unless im doing mine or nova neils car), or maybe the temp sensor that senses the temprature for the cold start has packed up?

Dicko
21-06-03, 08:09 PM
please post more detials.

does ur ecu have a constant +ve connection, sounds like its resetting then trying to start on full choke

ade
21-06-03, 10:39 PM
whats the screwdriver the the sparkplug trick?

:D

sounds fun!

Sorry - cant help with starting - haynes says stuff about air intakes and carbs not being set - even mentions timing - but thats for a nvoa engine not a 2 ltr...

:?

VauxMD
21-06-03, 10:53 PM
My Astra did exactly the same thing. After months we were looking at it in the dark and the earth strap from the engine to the chassis was glowing!!! We changed it and it started great hot or cold.

mikeoxford
21-06-03, 11:55 PM
please post more detials.

2ltr 8v

running all nova ecu and ignition system

everything else is cavvy