PDA

View Full Version : I hate the DVLA...

TeddyThom
27-04-11, 09:08 PM
Went down to my local office this morning to sort out my tax disc for the new nova. Wanted to get a refund on the old tax disc, then pay the difference to put onto the new one. Trouble is, they told me that you have to send it back to swansea!! Why?? It's all one damned computer system! If you can tax your damned car at your local office, surely you should be able to refund tax as well?? Would bloody make sense!!!

Rant over.

Southie
27-04-11, 09:17 PM
Quick send it off or you'll lose another month ;)

TeddyThom
27-04-11, 09:26 PM
I shall be sending it off tomorrow have no fear on that.

Just fcuks me off that you can tax it at the local office but can't do it the other way around....

Southie
27-04-11, 09:29 PM
Make sure you send it recorded as it's a bank holiday weekend, the dvla will try anything to knock a month off. Also in the envelope put a letter saying that you would like to be reimbursed for the special deliver but the reason your doing this was so you don't lose a month :)

TeddyThom
27-04-11, 09:33 PM
Good advice man cheers, am I likely to get re-imbursed for the recorded delivery?

Royston
27-04-11, 09:38 PM
I've found them quite useful......at times mind thay have cocked up most of my V5's i.e. spelling my name wrong when I moved house.......wtf:wtf:
On this occasion they refused to refund my tax disc on my range rover due to such a discrepency, but they don't return the disc, when I rang Swansea, they told me they would re issue my tax disc to me for a charge of £7 or if I went to the local DVLA office they would re issue it for free.... guess what I did;)

Royston
27-04-11, 09:40 PM
Good advice man cheers, am I likely to get re-imbursed for the recorded delivery?

I doubt it;)

Should have had it off in the post today!

Southie
27-04-11, 09:44 PM
I doubt it;)

Should have had it off in the post today!
Was just about to put this, but as stated may help doing it recorded worth a try ;)

Jack
27-04-11, 10:10 PM
Make sure you send it recorded as it's a bank holiday weekend, the dvla will try anything to knock a month off.
Noooo! Recorded delivery won't get there any faster than regular mail. Special Delivery is the service you want.

AndyGTE95
27-04-11, 10:19 PM
god i know there a nightmare !

ive been waiting nearly 2 and a half months for the log book for my nova

they need to get a grip !!

Lewis.
27-04-11, 10:20 PM
DVLA are all :tosser:
end of

Noooo! Recorded delivery won't get there any faster than regular mail. Special Delivery is the service you want.

I sent some important insurance stuff by special delivery, as its guaranteed by 12pm. but it costs a fiver, plus the 1st class postage on top! what a facking liberty :eek: lol

Southie
27-04-11, 10:21 PM
Apologies I meant special, do you agree RJ though that it would be worth his while trying ;)

TeddyThom
27-04-11, 10:33 PM
DVLA are all :tosser:
end of

I sent some important insurance stuff by special delivery, as its guaranteed by 12pm. but it costs a fiver, plus the 1st class postage on top! what a facking liberty :eek: lol

lol agreed.

And how much for special?? Christ... *rummages in the pink piggy*

Lewis.
27-04-11, 10:38 PM
lol agreed.

And how much for special?? Christ... *rummages in the pink piggy*

it's worth paying if its that urgent though! I had to send these documents by 1pm that day rf they were going to cancel my policy and black list me.
they then cancelled it, wrote to me a week later to tell me this, as they claimed they hadn't recieved them. quick trip to royal mails site and found that it had been signed for at 10am by the very muppet i was speaking to lol

Jack
27-04-11, 10:45 PM
£5.45 for a letter, but meh its only a fiver.

Apologies I meant special, do you agree RJ though that it would be worth his while trying ;)
Deffo worth asking - if you don't ask, you don't get! But doubtful if you'll get anything :(

AlexW
27-04-11, 10:46 PM
I was waiting 3months for the logbook for my green corsa, I only wanted to scrap it, Which is a pain now as you can't just tick a box anymore, Grrr.

MK999
27-04-11, 10:56 PM
£5.45 for a letter, but meh its only a fiver.

12 months tax on the old system under 1550CC is about 120ish (120/12)-5.45

All of that hassle for less than a fiver in the end! lol