PDA

View Full Version : Selling a number plate

Will F
26-04-11, 02:20 PM
Has anyone done it successfully?

If so - what site etc?

I have enquired on some of the sites, but now just get hassled by canvassing emails!:mad:

The car has 3 months MOT and Tax, so still have time before I have to shell out £100 to slap it on retention.

According the 'valuation' its worth £800lol

I would settle for £150

(Plate is PNE 3W)

:thumb:

mowgli
26-04-11, 02:38 PM
personally i think those valuations are mostly hot air.. if you are lucky, then someone wants the number & will pay for it.. these agents just want you to put your number on their website so it costs them very little, and they charge you for admin..

The Simps
26-04-11, 02:42 PM
I just sold one on ebay mate.

Bought my 200sx with a plate on and paid the £105 to take off and put my own on. Got £100 on ebay for it which is good enough for me, almost getting my money back.

MattBrown
26-04-11, 03:10 PM
Give "Reg Transfers" a ring.

They look after all of our numbers we have forsale.

The put it up for what they want, if it sells they give you what you wanted and keep the rest as commision.

Will F
26-04-11, 08:13 PM
Ok - may do that then. Can I sell it as is, or do I need to put it on retention?

Stuart
26-04-11, 08:40 PM
Retention costs £25 a year and I think it then costs £80 to transfer it to the new owner...

I gave up trying to sell the private plate that came with the VX and its probably gone back into the DVLA pool after not paying the fee in September

Graeme
26-04-11, 08:45 PM
I'm sure that plate would be worth a few quid to a Preston North End supported, I'd see what interest you get on the bay before paying all the fees etc

MK999
26-04-11, 09:30 PM
I just sold one on ebay mate.

Bought my 200sx with a plate on and paid the £105 to take off and put my own on. Got £100 on ebay for it which is good enough for me, almost getting my money back.

you lost a fiver on it! Should have just given it to me, I would have paid the fees etc lol

L14MNP
27-04-11, 11:20 AM
I'm sure that plate would be worth a few quid to a Preston North End supported, I'd see what interest you get on the bay before paying all the fees etc

Maybe he would have more luck had they just won the Championship and not been relegated from it though! lol

Ben
28-04-11, 04:52 PM
Maybe he would have more luck had they just won the Championship and not been relegated from it though! lol

lol thats why Will is selling it ha ha ha!

As said advertise it on ebay at £300 bin or best offer and if it sells then pay for the transfer.