PDA

View Full Version : Evo 6. 0-100 in 5.6sec

brian
20-06-03, 11:12 PM
One of my m8's was over to Norris Design about a month ago for a week getting stuff done on his Nissan 200 and they were going to a track day for Magazine C.C.C. they brought their evo 6 along and My buddy went too as the garage was closed up for the day.
The Evo is puttin out between 600 and 700 bhp. (can't remember exactly)
My m8 got to sit in the passenger seat for a 0-60 test and the result was quite quick......it did 0-60 in 2.8 sec and 0-100 in 5.6. (those figure might be 0.1 or 0.2 off i can't remember exactly)
The evo topped out at around 170mph and as you can imagine he still had a smile welded to his face when he got home. freeky shit and the owner uses it as his everyday car runing on lower boost!! :o :lol:
Strangely enough they don't do work on Mitsubishi's!! this was a one off as their showpiece

RobHardyUK
20-06-03, 11:17 PM
is tht a norris model??? :D

brian
20-06-03, 11:24 PM
It belongs to the owner. a Norris Evo. has a nice ring to it!!

RobHardyUK
20-06-03, 11:30 PM
yeah, simon norris.he owns that car. but he also owns a company, called norris designs. they make em, for 70k. :)

Was making everything look still at ccc on track :o

Chris LR
20-06-03, 11:34 PM
I was going to ask how much it'd cost to get hold of one....

Surely tho is you spend 70k on a car it will do that.....

RobHardyUK
20-06-03, 11:45 PM
the car is 70k. it was reviewed in autocar. :)

brian
21-06-03, 12:02 AM
yeah, simon norris.he owns that car. but he also owns a company, called norris designs
Norris design was one of the first things i said!! clean yer glasses rob!
The car is prob worth 70k but they don't build them. He told my m8 its only Nissan they work on.

Phil M
21-06-03, 01:07 AM
Was it the same one they had on top gear last week towing the shitbox? engine blew made a rite mess :?

Chris LR
21-06-03, 02:00 AM
I thought of that one when i started reading this post, what a way to go, pulling a tin can....

brian
21-06-03, 02:17 AM
phil and chis explain, i haven't seen what yer on about

Ben (lurk75)
21-06-03, 08:29 AM
Yeah we were there that day up castle coombe, he couldnt shift that red XR2 off his ass though :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RobHardyUK
21-06-03, 11:24 AM
yeah, simon norris.he owns that car. but he also owns a company, called norris designs
Norris design was one of the first things i said!! clean yer glasses rob!
The car is prob worth 70k but they don't build them. He told my m8 its only Nissan they work on.

Its the only nissan they work on is it? :roll: Get your facts right. They will assemble you a equivilent, they do customer cars, the company norris designs, sells upgrades, and from these, i guess, if you provide them with the car they will convert it to the exact same car. maybe thats the 70k?

lol @ ben, is that true about the XR2??! Redline put "Simon Norris' Evo VII was overtaking motors like they were standing still" lol.

Apart from the XR2 :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
21-06-03, 05:40 PM
yeah was funny, it was an awesome little car, god knows what it was running as it was handling far to well to be a coswort, have got pics of it on stand and up the evo's arse.

Dan
21-06-03, 05:46 PM
and since got stuffed at the japfest day at castle combe, lost it and damaged the side of the car. only panel damage but enough to be a right pain for the owner

brian
21-06-03, 06:58 PM
Its the only nissan they work on is it? Get your facts right. They will assemble you a equivilent, they do customer cars, the company norris designs, sells upgrades, and from these, i guess, if you provide them with the car they will convert it to the exact same car. maybe thats the 70k?

"get my facts right" :roll: i'm just saying what i was told :evil:

RobHardyUK
21-06-03, 08:22 PM
Its the only nissan they work on is it? Get your facts right. They will assemble you a equivilent, they do customer cars, the company norris designs, sells upgrades, and from these, i guess, if you provide them with the car they will convert it to the exact same car. maybe thats the 70k?

"get my facts right" :roll: i'm just saying what i was told :evil:

its not a nissan lmao. its a mitsu. thts wot the fact bit was about :P

dave.gsi
22-06-03, 01:56 PM
lol i watched that top gear, oil everywhere :lol:

quick car though

NovaNeil
22-06-03, 06:50 PM
And its Not an EVO 6 its an EVO 7 by the way. And nothing could get close to it on the CCC Action day in April, the car was Simply AWESOME! As said in Redline, it was going past cars as if they were still!!!! And not just the slow ones, it was leaving FQ300's for Dust. UTTER RESPECT for Simon Norris!

NovaNeil
22-06-03, 07:24 PM
yes that would be interesting, but to be honest I think it would kick the Cossies ass, not only in a straight line but round the corners as it has all that expensive Jap crap that keeps it stuck to the road.

Dan
22-06-03, 08:40 PM
i assume by all this talk it has had the side repanelled/repaired now then??? after he side swiped it at the japfest day at combe a few weeks back

Chris_W
22-06-03, 11:37 PM
Would be interesting to see it go up against the Reyland cossie, would defo be a close run thing, as Martin Hadland has more power now, and his car is fully stripped out, which should help even out the power advantage the Evo has. Full respect to both of them for their cars, but at the end of the day, if I'd ploughed the best part of ?80K into my car I'd want it to do 0-100 in 6 and a bit seconds!
Also, if you wanna read a balanced view on Evo tuning read CCC this month, they test 3 of them, and I'll give you a clue, the Norris Evo ain't the best handling! ;)

Chris

Ben (lurk75)
22-06-03, 11:44 PM
the Norris Evo ain't the best handling! ;)

So it seems.

I also thought after the caravan incident that the engine was completly cooked?

Thats a hell of a rebuild.

dave.gsi
22-06-03, 11:53 PM
well if you've spent ?70k whats another ten lol

CP
23-06-03, 12:02 PM
lol i can never keep up with what these things are - lets just call it a

Nishonditsubishubarazda Proext,1,2,3,4,5,6,7stivtecwrcxmr200line gsoh turbo

and be done with it :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
23-06-03, 06:05 PM
Nishonditsubishubarazda Proext,1,2,3,4,5,6,7stivtecwrcxmr200line gsoh turbo

sounds like the thing they had on top gear last night!

wisewood
23-06-03, 06:20 PM
shall we just dump it on wisewood cos hes the newest :lol:

LMFAO - might as well do, everything else has been for the last 3 months :lol:

lmfao.
i am tempted to just make some random member admin so i aint the new boy anymore :D lol

Dan
23-06-03, 09:17 PM
no you wont cos u aint seen what the new boy gets for being disorderly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian
23-06-03, 10:47 PM
when me and cp were at the redlibe records day he turned up in the evo but didnt run as probs with diff/box or summat, the cossie ran and cp will no doubt post what it was like after he blagged a spin in it lol :evil: