PDA

View Full Version : *HELP* i'm thick!!!!

Fergie_sfc
20-06-03, 07:30 PM
my fan behind my radiator is broken!!! on way bac from bournemouth after santa pod i got stuck in traffic, bout 10 mins later had steam pouring outta bonnet, boys in a ford fiesta laughing at me and mates pushing car into layby!!!! checked fuse and its working,wires connecting it are wrapped in insulation tape but they look ok.
any ideas, my car is just becoming one problem after another now...GRRRRRR :evil:
fergie.

Ben (lurk75)
20-06-03, 07:33 PM
Help im thick

and annoying :!:

this should be in technical :!:

You can buy a fan off of any nova for about 50 pence in a scrap yard :!:

Tilly
21-06-03, 11:21 AM
give him abreak ben

Austin_Nova16
21-06-03, 01:13 PM
On the drivers side of the rad, there is a temperature switch which is srewed in to the rad. It has two wires coming from it. If you touch the wires together with the ign on, by-passing the switch, the fan should work.

If it doesn't work, then the fan is buggered.

If it does work, you fan switch is buggered. You can get a new one from any motor factors or vaux.

dan16v
21-06-03, 03:49 PM
i have a spare fan m8 if you want it! i live down near twag

Fergie_sfc
21-06-03, 05:14 PM
got it sorted mate, thanks for the offer though dan. it was a fust that had blown, the plastic was cracked and melted!!! must have got pretty hot!
we'll have to arrange a southampton meet again soon but make it proper so peeps from else where but southampton can come. i dont wanna arrange it though caus the last time i arranged it only 8 cars turnt up!! :oops:
fergie.