PDA

View Full Version : keeping a mobile number

grooge
21-04-11, 07:34 PM
right, basically i am an idiot and have lost my mobile. tried phoning it and it goes straight to answer phone so i'm fairly sure its been turned off.
anyway i need this phone for work and was wondering if i am able to go to orange tomorrow and ask for a replacement sim card with the same number? its pay as you go so i think i might be able to?

annoying thing is the phone is worth nothing, its an ancient sony ericcson that the camera cover has snapped off and it even has a cracked screen but i'm pissed off ive lost all my numbers, and all my photos. :mad:

mowgli
21-04-11, 07:46 PM
if it is an account phone, then it is definitely do-able not sure on pay as etc. phones.

brainsnova
21-04-11, 07:49 PM
You can transfer your old number to a new sim but you need the imei no from it. Unless you still have the credit card sim holder thing.

24sevenslacker
21-04-11, 07:51 PM
when i swapped my pay as u go number they just asked me my details then what was the last amount i topped up, or the balance or something like that

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 08:30 PM
You can transfer your old number to a new sim but you need the imei no from it. Unless you still have the credit card sim holder thing.

No you don't. I had this happen to me a while back. Basically go into your o2 store and ask them for a replacement SIM. They will ask you a couple of security questions, the main being having two numbers that have text you within the last week or so. Give them the numbers (doesn't matter if they o2 or not) and they will sort it out for you.

I know the feeling of losing your numbers and photos etc. T'is a bitch :cry:

brainsnova
21-04-11, 08:37 PM
So O2 made me fill out the ******* form for **** all.

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 08:39 PM
So it would appear, I never filled out no form lol, just had to sign a bit of paper, and promplty walked out of the shop with my sim as it was, credit and everything, luckily I walked in there with my spare phone lol

Unless you was on contract?? I was on PAYG...

brainsnova
21-04-11, 08:41 PM
I went from pay and go to contract

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 08:42 PM
That doesn't help me lol

Where you on PAYG when you lost your phone?? Or did you upgrade once you had lost it?

grooge
21-04-11, 09:10 PM
cheers for the replys, ive sorted a new phone off my boss and will go to orange shop tomorrow and see hat they can do. i thought it was only contract they could keep the number but feeling a bit more confident now.

still ****in pissed off about losing all my contacts and photos though.

was expecting a call from the garage tonite regarding picking up the nova aswell! need to go see them in the morning

Nova_Tek
21-04-11, 10:00 PM
Go into your providers' store, tell them you lost your sim, give them your telephone number, as long as you can pass the security questions then they should be able to swap your sim, trust me ;)