PDA

View Full Version : Im off!

Nobby
21-04-11, 02:47 PM
.... to see Fast and Furious 5 at 4.10 i shall report back with my opinions later lol

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 02:47 PM
Look forward to it :thumb:

L14MNP
21-04-11, 02:50 PM
.... to see Fast and Furious 5 at 4.10 i shall report back with my opinions later lol

21:40 for me. Oh yeah, and see the other thread. We are on tenter hooks(!)

Most folks on here don't wanna know what happens by the way. Not that it's the type of film you can spoil imo. lol

GRUNT 16V
21-04-11, 03:03 PM
I can see a sudden rush of chavs buying body kits for there cars after they see this ! just like all the other episodes

mowgli
21-04-11, 03:18 PM
so FFS 5 is out..... i bet the oscar nomination panel are slobbering over it already...

Jeff16v
21-04-11, 03:34 PM
Have an E.slaplol

nova_saloon
21-04-11, 03:39 PM
I can see a sudden rush of chavs buying body kits for there cars after they see this ! just like all the other episodes

dont mock the body kits i hear they have good areodynamical propertieeees.....

Nobby
21-04-11, 03:50 PM
Another update I'm here now and have just been asked if I'm watching fnf5 by a 11 year old chav so I said yes his reply was ...... "Its sick" ooooo I can't wait!

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 04:18 PM
To be fair, this might mean that Need For Speed might actually bring out a street racing game again, assuming they have remembered how to do that...

MK1_Ben
21-04-11, 04:23 PM
To be fair, this might mean that Need For Speed might actually bring out a street racing game again, assuming they have remembered how to do that...

Need for Speed has been and gone, they're a joke compared to games like GT and Forza if you ask me :)

MK999
21-04-11, 04:26 PM
Need for Speed has been and gone, they're a joke compared to games like GT and Forza if you ask me :)

Their main audience is PC based though, so that rules out GT and Forza

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 04:54 PM
Difference is, GT and Forza are track based... Need for Speed is street racing... That's the type of racing I like, any idiot can race around a track, where as on the street (and for those who condone it I mean on a console...) you get the element of unpredictabilty etc. Each to their own though I suppose.

AdamK
21-04-11, 05:01 PM
Difference is, GT and Forza are track based... Need for Speed is street racing... That's the type of racing I like, any idiot can race around a track, where as on the street (and for those who condone it I mean on a console...) you get the element of unpredictabilty etc. Each to their own though I suppose.

im with you iv had every nfs and and iv got forza i find track racing to be boring as its effectivly going round in circles, with street racing like you say it is unpredictable you have other traffic to avoid and when your drifting it looks much better on a street than a track.

On the other hand tho there is no question forza has better and more cars than nfs, better graphics better modifications and tuning for the cars.

if only they'd team up and make emense drift tracks around tokyo:d

tommy8252
21-04-11, 05:06 PM

In my opinion forza and gt5 are simulators not games

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 05:14 PM
im with you iv had every nfs and and iv got forza i find track racing to be boring as its effectivly going round in circles, with street racing like you say it is unpredictable you have other traffic to avoid and when your drifting it looks much better on a street than a track.

On the other hand tho there is no question forza has better and more cars than nfs, better graphics better modifications and tuning for the cars.

if only they'd team up and make emense drift tracks around tokyo:d

To be fair, if they beefed up the graphics etc then they shouldn't have a problem, plus it also taps into the mind as something "illegal" and you can get away with it with no consequences. And yeah a track is the same shizzle everytime, no matter what car it is, or how many different mods etc in it, it'll always be roughly the same line. That's why the Free Roam mode in Carbon/Undercover etc was brilliant.

In my opinion forza and gt5 are simulators not games

No opinion about it mate, they ARE.

Hence the appeal for NFS... Undercover boasted some pretty cool cars, if they upgrade the modifications etc (have to keep the autosculpt tool though!!) and the map, make it bigger something similar to GTA size or bigger, then you are always going to find a route you haven't taken, or a different angle for the corner you took three laps ago or something.

AdamK
21-04-11, 05:23 PM
i think we should write a letter to EA lol

AdamK
21-04-11, 05:23 PM
oh and it must feature some old vauxhalls in it aswell:d

mowgli
21-04-11, 05:26 PM

call it 'NEED FOR SPARES'

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 05:29 PM
LMFAO!!

Need for speed retro?? Some old school shizzle like Nova's, Mk2 Astra's, Mk 4 RST's, Sapphy Cosworths etc? Om nom nom

AdamK
21-04-11, 05:38 PM

lollol youd defently need a money cheat to afford all of the extortionate nova part prices on there

and defently nfs old school ftw

TeddyThom
21-04-11, 05:45 PM
lol true dat

Rich
21-04-11, 05:57 PM
ive always wanted a grand theft auto meets fast and furious game, will never happen though.

and as for f&f5, even the advert looks crap lol

mowgli
21-04-11, 06:16 PM
so folks, what else can you waste a tenner on these days, apart from a movie ticket & some sweets???

Bubba
21-04-11, 06:21 PM
so folks, what else can you waste a tenner on these days, apart from a movie ticket & some sweets???

couple of litres of petrol?

ive always wanted a grand theft auto meets fast and furious game, will never happen though.

and as for f&f5, even the advert looks crap lol
http://www.gta-downloads.com/screenshots/archive2/5274_1.jpg

sorry but PC rules over consoles for GTA, hell i remember modding GTA1 with the img packs lol

Jack
21-04-11, 06:28 PM
I have GT4 on my PS2. Played it once, realised you couldn't go round corners by bouncing off the walls so got bored and went back to NFS lol

An old cars version would simply be full of yank tanks. It was a struggle for EA to release the european version of NFSU2 with a 106 in it lol

MK999
21-04-11, 06:49 PM
lollol youd defently need a money cheat to afford all of the extortionate nova part prices on there

Sorry what? Even snowploughs and sport parts are less than most people pay for other manufacturers parts lol

Go tell a jap crap owner your coilovers are really expensive at £400 a set from gaz lol

AdamK
21-04-11, 06:52 PM
yea but they only got expensive stuff because theyre rich lol it evens itself out lol

Bubba
21-04-11, 07:02 PM
yea but they only got expensive stuff because theyre rich lol it evens itself out lol

unlike me poor as feck yet have an audi which costs alot to fix lol

luckily i dont own an RS2 :p 1300beans for a brand new front bumper...from audi...and they have TWO left in stock.

ive been told of one...the engine alone went for 7k minus the quattro system.

i dont think the yanks/japs like us europeans and our dodgy little tin boxes

MK999
21-04-11, 07:03 PM
unlike me poor as feck yet have an audi which costs alot to fix lol

luckily i dont own an RS2 :p 1300beans for a brand new front bumper...from audi...and they have TWO left in stock.

There's most likely a good reason for that lol

Bubba
21-04-11, 07:07 PM
There's most likely a good reason for that lol

i couldnt believe how much when he told me. i was like....you could just buy a shonky S2 for that

tony k
21-04-11, 09:44 PM

Quality lol

Nobby
21-04-11, 11:09 PM
ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Went and saw it best film ive seen in ages no cheesey usual fast and furious malarky well worth a tenner!

ste porter
22-04-11, 01:28 AM
i have also been to see this and i must say i think the haters will get a shock its not actualy anywhere near as nasty as the the others and i must say its actualy a fairly decent film realy

one thing i would like to ask (to settle an argument) those who have seen it or will see it some point soon

is the bird at the very end the lead female character in tokyo drift?
shes in the scene with roman pierce at the very end she gets out of his car and when they first anounce the team they show clips of each team member as roman gets out a car she he checks out a bird and i swear its her but claire says its not so if anybody sees it let me know

Mazz
22-04-11, 10:27 AM
couple of litres of petrol?

http://www.gta-downloads.com/screenshots/archive2/5274_1.jpg

sorry but PC rules over consoles for GTA, hell i remember modding GTA1 with the img packs lol
Pah, i remember installing the Monster truck etc to the ORIGINAL GTA!

http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/gta_1.jpg

L14MNP
22-04-11, 11:42 AM
i have also been to see this and i must say i think the haters will get a shock its not actualy anywhere near as nasty as the the others and i must say its actualy a fairly decent film realy

one thing i would like to ask (to settle an argument) those who have seen it or will see it some point soon

is the bird at the very end the lead female character in tokyo drift?
shes in the scene with roman pierce at the very end she gets out of his car and when they first anounce the team they show clips of each team member as roman gets out a car she he checks out a bird and i swear its her but claire says its not so if anybody sees it let me know

Neela? Don't think it was mate. I couldn't place her. Was good to see the sexy lass from 4 (with the white Porsche) though. :cool:

I give it an 8/10, but only for the magalulz as Dom now appears to be superhuman, and Brian isn't far behind. Good to see all the old faces too! Although I felt like I was watching Oceans gone in 60 Impossible at times. lol

Loses points for lack of what it used to be about - street racing. Gains them for Brians cheeky KGC10 you see a couple of times. :d

L14MNP
22-04-11, 11:43 AM
Pah, i remember installing the Monster truck etc to the ORIGINAL GTA!

http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/gta_1.jpg

KILL FRENZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'Cossie' FTW. lol

Mincyballs
22-04-11, 07:02 PM
Saw it last night and thought a good balance but would of like to have seen a tiny bit more racing like the charger vs GT3RS

Had a story line which was nice to see

Andy_L
22-04-11, 07:53 PM
It's a decent action film.

Wholly unrealistic but meh!

"He's old Testament"