PDA

View Full Version : Regal Motorsports

RobHardyUK
20-06-03, 05:37 PM
http://www.regal-shop.co.uk, are they any good? Is the service good? I was thinking bout buying, quite alot of stuff with them, as they have a wealth of it. I am asking, because i always hear that PVD are not very good?

Ben (lurk75)
20-06-03, 05:45 PM
You will hear conflicting stories about Regal, a lot of the Southampton boys wont go near them (Dan16v)

But obviously they do something right as they are quite big now, give them a try on something small and see how you get dealt with.

RobHardyUK
20-06-03, 05:51 PM
Cheers mate, is ther any other good vauxhall people??

Ben (lurk75)
20-06-03, 05:58 PM
There are horror stories about them all, you have got to try for your self.

Just start small and dont order ?kk's worth of stuff first.

Ste_Nova
20-06-03, 06:03 PM
order and collect in person on the same day....

if it's not in stock.. don't buy it

Ben (lurk75)
20-06-03, 06:07 PM
even better.

The problem with mail order is you get the sh*t that everyone leaves in the shop as the product is damaged or faded etc.

dan16v
20-06-03, 06:43 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
do as ste says m8 if its in stock the shop is pritty good! id buy stuff if it was in stock they do have good products in now!
some times (cough) tho you will get the impresion there not interested in small engine cars!
since ive been in there with the let they seem ok! i think it depends on what time you go in there! try off peak times, as i done this and chris was real helpfull ie sat me down and talked me through certain thing etc, so id say there getting better, i kant comment on fitting etc as i usualy prefere to doit my self as you know the jobs done right that way!

Fergie_sfc
20-06-03, 06:44 PM
i've found Regal well good, i'm there the whole time, dont get them to do anyting big though like engine mods caus there not too good at it!!!!!
buy the things you want and fit them yourself, they charge a rediculous amount for labour. someting like ?30 an hour!!!!
everyting i have brought from them has been great and still working, will be using them a lot more in the future.
but personal judgement, some peeps wont go near them but others will.... like me!!
a mate off vectra-sport said his mate had work done and half hour down road his engine blew.oil everywhere, smoke, the lot.
but i'm still gettin them to roll my arches!!!! ?40 per arch,gettin 195/45/16 Oz Titan's. :twisted: pics to come soon.
fergie.

dan16v
20-06-03, 06:48 PM
fergie south coast wheels roll arches for ?25 a corner! opposite the train station!

Ben (lurk75)
20-06-03, 06:53 PM
If your going for OZ titans in 16"s you will need 195/40/16's AND your arches rolled as much as possible and they will still foul.

They will foul with rolled arches in 15"s.

Offset is way out, et37 or 38

Fergie_sfc
20-06-03, 07:24 PM
Dan - cheers mate, you just saved me a lot of money. you think i should get the wheels first and then take them down to fit them that way, might make it easier for them!!!

Ben - 195/40/16. is 40 the profile type? i know 195 is width, 16 is wheel size, is 40 the space from rims of alloy to edge of tyre? really want these wheels, will it be that much of a mission gettin them on a nova thats lowered -60mm?

fergie.

Ben (lurk75)
20-06-03, 07:29 PM
Ask yourself a question.... how many Novas you seen with OZ's?

Not many eh? Probably a good reason then.

Jatinder bought some from Halfords, but these were 15"s and they rub.

Yes the 40 part in 195/40/16 means the depth of the tyre, it is a percentage of the width.

Fergie_sfc
20-06-03, 07:36 PM
so do you reckomend falling in love with another set of wheels then?? i really want wide wheels, dont wanna really go smaller than 195/40/16. i suppose i'll have to keep lookin then.
cheers for tips guys.
fergie.

Ben (lurk75)
20-06-03, 07:40 PM
Oh yeah there is another difference between the 195/40's and the 195/45's...

there nearly double the price :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil_G
20-06-03, 09:36 PM
aye..

also there are scant few peeps making them..

about 2 or 3 companies last i knew

Phil

RobHardyUK
20-06-03, 10:29 PM
wot u mean? is it me or are all vauxhall companys like this sh!te?

jatinder
21-06-03, 10:03 AM
if not get them machined to somewere nearkthe correct offset that what im going to do.

dan16v
21-06-03, 12:09 PM
16/195/40s are actualy pritty cheap! mikesri has them on his pink peril! they were ?250 from southcoast wheels i pay ?260 for my pirrelis so there not bad at all! time will tell how long till he curbs his wheels tho! not much protection on the 40s!

scruubing wheels is gay get ones that fit in the first place! fergie if you get the wheels from southcoast dont take there bull shit bout off sets! they talked a m8 into getting some wheels, (you may know him, craig/twag with the silver 1.6?) and they rub like fuk! and his arches are rolled aswell!
i think comps are a nice fit on the nova and they suit it too!

Fergie_sfc
21-06-03, 03:27 PM
yeah i know twag pretty wel, been in his car the day we lowered my car, rubs pretty bad on like every bump but they look wicked.
got my alloys, springs, shocks, spoiler off him and still gettin 2xsubs and astra GTE brakes.
fergie.

dan16v
21-06-03, 03:47 PM
yea but what im saying is you can have it looking nice and low with out the scrubbing if you get the right off set! my cars down 80mm on 16s and it has never rubbed even 5people in is no problem!