PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up on mot regs?

Prey
20-04-11, 09:50 AM
Does a garage have to supply an emissions sheet with the mot certificate if the car was emissions tested? Are there any rules/regs on it? I've googled but can't seem to find anything conclusive.

:thumb:

MiniManDan118
20-04-11, 09:54 AM
As far as I'm aware, no. The MOT garage my mate's Dad owns doesn't have the facilities to print these details so I'm presuming there are no rules on it.

Dan

Prey
20-04-11, 10:03 AM
Ok cheers - was just looking for things to mention to an awkward guy my missus has bought a car off - never mind!

mowgli
20-04-11, 10:19 AM
you usually only get one if it fails, don't you??

phazer
20-04-11, 04:50 PM
No, I've always been given an emissions sheet on every petrol. Didn't get one for the dirty derv though.

MK1_Ben
20-04-11, 05:21 PM
I've always been supplied them on all my cars, regardless of whether it passed or failed emissions.

bazil
20-04-11, 05:27 PM
Same here, always given to me pass or fail,

Royston
20-04-11, 05:51 PM
Same here, always given to me pass or fail,

me too;)

joenova_gte
20-04-11, 06:46 PM
i use a few mot stations and some give them out. some dont.

C7LJN
20-04-11, 08:26 PM
Yeah its a must do thing, The tester has to print of 2 copies one for the station and one for customer.

If vosa were to visit and do a spot check then the tester could be band and station fined

MK1_Ben
20-04-11, 08:54 PM
.....then the tester could be band

http://www.jazzwestmids.co.uk/archivePix/PeteAllenJazzBand.jpg

?

Saloony
20-04-11, 10:58 PM
On petrol vehicles an emissions sheet must be supplied to the customer along with the garage keeping their own copy. On dervs garage can just keep a copy, customer can have that one on request if required.

Prey
21-04-11, 10:14 AM
Ah didnt know this - if thats true then at least that give me something to mention to the garage as well as the trader.

Saloony
21-04-11, 11:46 PM
Ah this is why i do lol

Prey
22-04-11, 07:59 AM
Ah this is why i do lol

Same sort of problems? I hate car dealers - I will never buy from one but I got overruled and now get to say I told you so lol.

Saloony
22-04-11, 05:19 PM
No im the tool that alot of you guys hate, im the tester lol

Prey
22-04-11, 06:52 PM
Don't hate testers the guy i use is an absolutely top bloke - just the garage the dealer we bought the car from that i'm not happy with - so i'm trying to find reasons to argue with them lol.

Saloony
22-04-11, 06:57 PM
Ah, see now in the case with advisory sheets. If he car has been mot'd for trader/dealer then sold to someone such as yourself they are within their rights to withhold the advisory sheet. So maybe the same case with emissions sheet. With the advisory sheet you can aquire it online if not given.

Prey
22-04-11, 08:17 PM
Well we got the car with fresh mot and the cel light came straight on - had it code read and it's the precat lambda sensor so it's running well rich - he had it back (to the same garage) who changed the wrong sensor (the post cat one duh) so the light came on again within 10 miles, now he refuses to fix it. I reckon the light was just reset when we picked up the car and the mot wasnt done on emissions - hence the question to see if i have any proper comeback on either of them.

MattBrown
22-04-11, 08:19 PM
Yeah its a must do thing, The tester has to print of 2 copies one for the station and one for customer.

If vosa were to visit and do a spot check then the tester could be band and station fined

Well thats my 2 local garages done for thenlol

IIRC, if the mot equipment was installed long enough ago then it doesnt need to print them.

Saloony
22-04-11, 10:15 PM
Well thats my 2 local garages done for thenlol

IIRC, if the mot equipment was installed long enough ago then it doesnt need to print them.

Errr no.. we've all had to comply to new regs as of 3years ago near enough... so printy printy

Saloony
22-04-11, 10:18 PM
Well we got the car with fresh mot and the cel light came straight on - had it code read and it's the precat lambda sensor so it's running well rich - he had it back (to the same garage) who changed the wrong sensor (the post cat one duh) so the light came on again within 10 miles, now he refuses to fix it. I reckon the light was just reset when we picked up the car and the mot wasnt done on emissions - hence the question to see if i have any proper comeback on either of them.

Ah thats not always the case with warning lights being on. There maybe a breech of threshold limits but still may be with in the limits set by vosa. So for example Basic Emission Test limit for cats is .20%... your cars ECU settings my have a lower limit of .10% and for the test it ran at .15% therfore passing. Just run by another garage and get the gas tested, simples, you'll know for sure then