PDA

View Full Version : few engine conversion questions

moffat
19-04-11, 08:31 PM
as some of you may know ive got a 1.4sr shell and a 1.6 e16se to fit, so i kept my spi tank, do i just get a gte/gsi fuel pump? and im planning on turboing it so will standard fuel pump do or will i need an uprated one??...

any more info be great :thumb:

shed-on-wheels
19-04-11, 08:34 PM
gsi pump mate iirc and if your going to turbo it i would use the gte tank with a bosh 044 external pump but the standerd should do the job fine buddy depending on what power you will be running.

moffat
19-04-11, 08:37 PM
gsi pump mate iirc and if your going to turbo it i would use the gte tank with a bosh 044 external pump but the standerd should do the job fine buddy depending on what power you will be running.

not sure on power mate, the courtney 1.6 8vs were 150bhp....

not use the spi tank and external pump?

bazil
19-04-11, 09:01 PM
put a mpi internal pump in your spi tank, easiest option for you

moffat
19-04-11, 09:06 PM
put a mpi internal pump in your spi tank, easiest option for you

cheers bazil is it true a mpi internal pump out a corsa will work but it needs cut down?

bazil
19-04-11, 09:09 PM
no sure mate, just seen its an alternative to external pumps, you cant use an external gte/gsi pump because the gte/gsi sender unit that also has the output tube on it wont fit your tank due to it bolting in and your sender will be twist in,

Edd
19-04-11, 09:13 PM
I have a Astra F 2.0l pump in mine, any in tank pump from a Cav, Cali, Astra will do the job

moffat
19-04-11, 09:13 PM
no sure mate, just seen its an alternative to external pumps, you cant use an external gte/gsi pump because the gte/gsi sender unit that also has the output tube on it wont fit your tank due to it bolting in and your sender will be twist in,

no probs man. will look for one next time am at scrappies :thumb:

moffat
19-04-11, 09:14 PM
I have a Astra F 2.0l pump in mine, any in tank pump from a Cav, Cali, Astra will do the job

just scrapped a cali a few weeks back :cry: cheers anyway edd :)

AlexW
19-04-11, 09:19 PM
You may be able to run the standard pump on the turbo, Wouldn't be a bad idea to change it when turboing though. If you read up on it more you will understand.

moffat
19-04-11, 09:23 PM
You may be able to run the standard pump on the turbo, Wouldn't be a bad idea to change it when turboing though. If you read up on it more you will understand.

doesnt say on the guide about fuel pumps, as am running standard managment ill need a rising rate fuel regulator. checked vauxsport and a few other forums but couldnt find any info about fuel pumps so asked on here fella