PDA

View Full Version : paint spraying

deacon_2107
20-06-03, 11:42 AM
This morning i though id go see some fellas about some spraying.
Ive colour coded the front grill and wing mirrors with cans but already (only a few months) the colours fading from metallic blue to a greeny colour. Well these blokes quoted me ?50 to respray them properly.

Does that sound good

Also while talkin about some new doors he seemed to think that he couldnt blend the colour to match the old paint and i'd really have to have a complete respray which he then quoted me at ?1000.

Surely they can blend new paint to match old paint??

If anyone knows of some good sprayers fairly close to Oxford pls give me a shout coz im desperate.

thank you

privatepie
20-06-03, 12:00 PM
?50 sounds gd 2 me

ade
20-06-03, 12:47 PM
new paint - even when blended is difficult to match exactly to old weathered paint - it'll always look shinier than the old. however any decent paint shop will buff the rest of the car to make a good match.

Vauxhall sell cans on aged effect paint.

A full respray is the way to go - especially if you are looking at replacing several panels (like both doors and a wing or 2) - 1k is on the higher side (depends what you want though) - for that I would expect them to fully prep the car, smooth all kinks, derust arches (properly) and give it to you back as new (no overspray, dodgy lines round windows etc) aswell as seal all panels and valet it fully.

Shop about and make sure you tell them what you want.

If you know what youre doing and have access to extractor and a double garage you could do it for 1/2 that

Ade

Fergie_sfc
23-06-03, 08:39 PM
get some stuff from halfords, sand it all back and start again, primer then bout5-6 coats of coloured spray. mine have come up a treat and look wel nice, been like it for 10 weeks now and still look the same.

fergie.

check it out..... http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=706