PDA

View Full Version : Longdogcharlie's 4x4 Nova

Pages : [1] 2 3

The Simps
17-04-11, 10:43 AM
Posting this up on behalf of Charlie. Will let him tell you a bit more about the car.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/IMG00070-20110410-1259.jpg~original
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/IMG00069-20110410-1259.jpg~original
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/IMG00068-20110410-1258.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/csmith16-8-10019.jpg

The Simps
17-04-11, 10:44 AM
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/csmith16-8-10020.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/17102010137.jpg~original
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/06022011042.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/06022011041.jpg~original
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/06022011037.jpg

Connor
17-04-11, 11:37 AM
Wow looks impressive.
Why are the rear turrets set back?

Graeme
17-04-11, 11:43 AM
Is it originally a sport?

carlo46
17-04-11, 11:46 AM
nice it looks stunning on them cav turbo wheels

Mazz
17-04-11, 11:48 AM
very nice, using the original IRS too!

The Simps
17-04-11, 11:58 AM
From my understanding it was a sport. He's owned the car 20 odd years and its had many different engines. This one is ph 3.5 & 360bhp.

ben doodar
17-04-11, 02:55 PM
Is it a runner? Can it be driven etc? Looks impressive.

Spudly
17-04-11, 04:37 PM
Thats really impressive, have you shortened the rear subframe to narrow the rear track as that looks like the wheels are sat pretty much in the normal position, very clever.

I shall be keeping an eye on this one, and Ste needs to stop fiddling with Claires and hurry up and finish his before he gets beaten lol

t45_ste
17-04-11, 04:38 PM
Wow this is nice. Like the fact he's kept standard track.

Iain
17-04-11, 06:54 PM
That looks proper cool, as said it's great how it looks very 'standard Nova' despite the large changes that have taken place!

Edd
17-04-11, 07:04 PM
That looks awesome !

That's done properly IMO with keeping the standard arches etc, not trying to take anything away from people that have done it with wide arches, but it's more impressive with standard arches

Cue the Sport purists if it's a genuine Sport tho lol

AlexW
17-04-11, 07:41 PM
Thats really impressive, have you shortened the rear subframe to narrow the rear track as that looks like the wheels are sat pretty much in the normal position, very clever.

Isn't it a completely independent setup? Would just require some thinking and some shorter shafts no?

Looks good, What is it with white Novas latly?

claire6069
17-04-11, 07:57 PM
very nice im impressed
i did seriously consider something similar to that when i started mine but the only thing that put me of doing it like that was keeping the rear geometry right with the fact that the mounting points on the rear cali arms not beeing square to each other made things very interesting with regards to working out the exact position the mountings need to be so in the end i just opted to keet the original cali subframe and work from that but subseqently it ment i had to go wide track

10 out of 10 to the guy most impressive atempt i have seen so far

also i dont know who it was mentioned wide tracking and arching but theres a good reason alot of people do it and thats so they can use standard calibra shafts ect so you know that your not going to have an issue with them and if you do there real easy to replace rather than having to have new custom ones made again if one goes belly up

like i say very impresed only thing i would point out though as constructive critisisum (sp) he realy needs to consider re bracing the shell across the start of the prop tunnel near the rear gear box mounting where the shell is braced as standard and the calli ect relys on the subframe for horizontal surport other than that good lad

(its steve by the way)

Longdogcharlie
17-04-11, 08:34 PM
Hi Boys n Girls

Yes it is an original Nova sport, It seemed a bit of a shame to alter it from original considering how valuable they are in standard form. But never mind its done now and there is no going back. (well saying that, i'm sure I could change it back if I wanted to.)

Fact is the sport does not offer the same thrill as an Xe or Let. and a 4x4 let should be even better For the adrenalin junky..

I wanted to keep the original track so it is a bit of a sleeper. I tried doing the Calibra floor method on another nova about 10 years ago, but never got it finished, and didnt like to wide arch kit idea.

There will be bracing between the lower control arm s to take the flex from the front of the tunnel, But thaks for the advice. I have a pice of stainless tube shaped to fit the bush tube bolt positions.

I have made the jig to mount the rear suspension so it is all aligned. I worked a s a chassis engineer for 14years so all will be straight.. The rear has a newly made bush mounted diff subframe and the suspension arms fitted to the chassis

It just needs a fuel tank making, shafts, prop to rebuild, the bonnet and boot lid were painted today, and the doors are in primer, should get them finished this week. I have about a 6 weeks to try and get it running as am off to Saudi to work for a bit. Hope I get it done before then..

Have a fibreglass GSI bumper to cover everything at the front, wanted to keep the original bumper, but it will give to much away, so better covered I think..

Engine was running in a friends calibra turbo at 350hp on the dyno, so should be nippy in the Nova.

I have gone for the 195,40, 16's to try and reduce the top speed a bit and have the acceleration, should still be good for 150 ok though.

Thanks to Simps for his assistance to get it posted.

Cle
17-04-11, 08:44 PM
You going to put sport decals back on it ??

Edd
17-04-11, 08:51 PM
Would be very nice to see the Sport decals put on when finished IMO

Longdogcharlie
17-04-11, 08:59 PM
Sport decals are orderd, but waiting to get the panels finished before I get them put on..

Spudly
17-04-11, 09:20 PM
Isn't it a completely independent setup? Would just require some thinking and some shorter shafts no?

Iirc, the cav/calibra rear setup consists basically of an upper and lower subframe with the irs mounted between, it seems the upper subframe has been replaced by the nova floorpan and the lower shortened along with the arms and a hell of a lot of clever thinking:thumb:

Btw mr Charlie, where abouts in north yorkshire are you, i hope to see you at some local meets/shows in the future as im east yorks myself and Andy is north yorks aswell:thumb:

Royston
17-04-11, 09:20 PM
Would this be a Charlie Smith production?

Longdogcharlie
17-04-11, 09:27 PM
Would this be a Charlie Smith production?

Could be!!!!

Longdogcharlie
17-04-11, 09:31 PM
Iirc, the cav/calibra rear setup consists basically of an upper and lower subframe with the irs mounted between, it seems the upper subframe has been replaced by the nova floorpan and the lower shortened along with the arms and a hell of a lot of clever thinking:thumb:

Btw mr Charlie, where abouts in north yorkshire are you, i hope to see you at some local meets/shows in the future as im east yorks myself and Andy is north yorks aswell:thumb:

Im Based Near Scotch Corner. But work abroard most of the time. I've had 6moths at home so have got on well with the project. I need to get it done for Mid May as am off to Saudi to work.

Longdogcharlie
17-04-11, 09:35 PM
Wow looks impressive.
Why are the rear turrets set back?

Rear Turrets are set back as the Nova turrets would be in the way of the rear shafts, so used the Cav shocker mounts on the suspension arms and made new turrets.

Royston
17-04-11, 09:37 PM
Hello matey, we will have to catch up;)

Thought you'd disappeared off the map.

Hope you are well:thumb: .

John
17-04-11, 09:38 PM
Awesome! The rear g/box mount looks factory!

ste porter
17-04-11, 09:39 PM
like i said earlier when i posted on claires i am very impressed

for spud
the rear arms mounting points arnt parellel thats what i ment mate thats why the cavys ect camber badly when there lowered but it also makes for awkward mounting points when fabbing your own mountings and doing away with the subframe its originaly mounted to

top work mate very impressed its virtualy how i originaly planned to go about mine but decided against it for various reasons and the more i went into it the more i personaly prefered the way in which i have done mine but each to there own but like i say very impressed

Pistol Pete
17-04-11, 09:41 PM
It exisits!! I was abit sceptical when i saw the comments relating to this. Fair play, i have been shown different! Looks like a good build. Be sure to keep us updated.

Longdogcharlie
17-04-11, 09:44 PM
like i said earlier when i posted on claires i am very impressed

for spud
the rear arms mounting points arnt parellel thats what i ment mate thats why the cavys ect camber badly when there lowered but it also makes for awkward mounting points when fabbing your own mountings and doing away with the subframe its originaly mounted to

top work mate very impressed its virtualy how i originaly planned to go about mine but decided against it for various reasons and the more i went into it the more i personaly prefered the way in which i have done mine but each to there own but like i say very impressed

Cheers ste, yours is looking good too, Lets hope it all works, It will be good to get it on a track day somewhere. Cheers

ste porter
17-04-11, 09:50 PM
one other thing mate when i was first thinking of doing mine like that and narrowing the subframe to keep the track

does your prop pass through the arm mountings ok? when i looked into it and did the maths it was going to be very very tight if it cleared at all but that was with the diff and shafts perfectly in line and straight at my desired ride hight (sills 60mm from the floor)
does it clear ok?

also are you using a standard tx box with locking rings or are you using a qrew box or similar with a modified viscous?

ste porter
17-04-11, 09:51 PM
Cheers ste, yours is looking good too, Lets hope it all works, It will be good to get it on a track day somewhere. Cheers

be nice if i actualy got to work on it lol hasnt been touched for months as claires has took over the workshop lol

Longdogcharlie
17-04-11, 10:02 PM
one other thing mate when i was first thinking of doing mine like that and narrowing the subframe to keep the track

does your prop pass through the arm mountings ok? when i looked into it and did the maths it was going to be very very tight if it cleared at all but that was with the diff and shafts perfectly in line and straight at my desired ride hight (sills 60mm from the floor)
does it clear ok?

also are you using a standard tx box with locking rings or are you using a qrew box or similar with a modified viscous?

The prop is very close but goes on, I have only modified the rear piece,( Made it shorter) and have made a mock up on the laith untill I get one professionally shortened. Your right though it is close, But have dropped the Diff down a little from the Cav/Calibra position, Took off the ARB and turned it upsidedown and moved the brackets on the suspension arms to suit.

The transfer box is locked added additional plates, I hope that due to the cars low weight the box should last OK. I understand that you can now buy plates for locking the box with teeth on inside and outside,, But have not come accross them yet

16v Nova Kev
17-04-11, 10:16 PM
looks like a fooking weapon!!!!!!!!

ste porter
17-04-11, 10:34 PM
The prop is very close but goes on, I have only modified the rear piece,( Made it shorter) and have made a mock up on the laith untill I get one professionally shortened. Your right though it is close, But have dropped the Diff down a little from the Cav/Calibra position, Took off the ARB and turned it upsidedown and moved the brackets on the suspension arms to suit.

The transfer box is locked added additional plates, I hope that due to the cars low weight the box should last OK. I understand that you can now buy plates for locking the box with teeth on inside and outside,, But have not come accross them yet

extra cluch plates wont last over long mate if its going to be run hard take it from someone that knows as thats what destroyed the last tx box in my cav. once the clutch material breaks down it acts like grinding paste in all the bearings and planet gears ect not good
mike howard sells the locking rings hes got some in stock again there 90 quid and job done. its alot of money but there very well made bits of kit lazer cut and profiled ect and realy to be fair its the only reliably strong way of locking them and gaurenteing no slip what so ever if you want a set pm me and i will send you his contact details

in regard to the prop i shortened the rear about 4 inches if memory serves fited an interferance fit tube inside welded them back to gether and had it lathed and balanced

be very carefull with the 4x4 aswell if corectly maintained its a very usable and cleaver piece of kit but ignor it and dont keep on top of the maintinance and simple rules tyres camber correct fluids ect and it will fail early

Royston
17-04-11, 10:35 PM
Charlee performance I seem to remember:d

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh;)

Connor
17-04-11, 11:07 PM
Rear Turrets are set back as the Nova turrets would be in the way of the rear shafts, so used the Cav shocker mounts on the suspension arms and made new turrets.

Ahh that makes sense now cheers for clearing it up.
Amazing quality build, looking forward to progress especially once its got all the sport vinyls back on :thumb:

L14MNP
17-04-11, 11:24 PM
What a little weapon! Very unassuming. Fanstasic job mate!

I love how all the best stuff comes from up here. lol :cool:

Longdogcharlie
18-04-11, 08:46 AM
Charlee performance I seem to remember:d

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh;)

Charlee was dispanded about 7years ago. but still tinkering

bainyboy sr
18-04-11, 04:36 PM
wow awesome

dj_wudgey
18-04-11, 04:41 PM
i always wanted to have a 4 wheel drive nova but keep the standard track more off a sleeper look lol!!

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 01:11 PM
Picked up the fuel tank, braided hose and all the pipe fitting yesterday, so should have plenty to go at over the bank holiday weekend, Might even get it started... Wow!!!

Mieran
19-04-11, 01:17 PM
I like this a lot.

Have you thought about using macpherson type strut on the rear, or is that too much stress on that area?

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 01:59 PM
I thought about it, but that would have pushed all the stress to the rear of the chassis which is not the strongest. I wanted to keep the springs under the floor as far forward as possible. Plus there is not much space under the back with the shafts running through. Glad you like it !!

The Simps
19-04-11, 02:10 PM
What line of work are you in know Charlie?

BongMong
19-04-11, 02:12 PM
this is for sale on pistonheads?

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 02:18 PM
I work in the steel industry, but did an engineering apprenticeship in chassis & Mechanical Engineering. What do you do for a living simon??

If this is for sale on piston heads, its not mine, I havent kept it for 20years to sell it now!!!!

Connor
19-04-11, 02:58 PM
Blimey 20years, thats the same age as me, must feel like part of the family lol

The Simps
19-04-11, 05:04 PM
I work in the steel industry, but did an engineering apprenticeship in chassis & Mechanical Engineering. What do you do for a living simon??

If this is for sale on piston heads, its not mine, I havent kept it for 20years to sell it now!!!!

I'm a financial advisor. I almost went the mechanical engineering route at uni. Still might do an engineering degree at some point in the future when I get bored of financial services.

mowgli
19-04-11, 05:24 PM
I'm a financial advisor. I almost went the mechanical engineering route at uni. Still might do an engineering degree at some point in the future when I get bored of financial services.

sorry to but in, what do you mean, get bored???? is there something exciting about it, or is the money just very good?

The Simps
19-04-11, 05:36 PM
sorry to but in, what do you mean, get bored???? is there something exciting about it, or is the money just very good?

I aknowledge the hint of sacasm ;) but if you are serious....

I work for one of the more ethical providers that played no part in the recent financial collapse and I take great pride in every piece of advice and business I write. In 9yrs now I can honestly say I would stand by every piece of business I've ever sold. So thats the pride bit. Every customer I see is sightly different so a different challange and it is comforting knowing you are putting a family in a better or safer position than before seeing you. There's obviously the thrill of a sale and yes, the money can be very good. Like most sales jobs, the harder you work and the more successfull you are the more you earn. But its the fact its a sales job that annoys me. Working for a firm you are always going to get pushed as a sales force and its important to maintain your integrity. When your managers wages are directly linked to yours he's always going to want to ask for more, more, more cos thats how he gts a pay rise! I could go independant and set up by myself but that has its own drawbacks. So the boredom bit will probably come from the sales pressure aspect.

Arent you glad you asked! lol

Sorry to fill your thread with crap Charlie...

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 08:10 PM
No Problem Simon, I'm glad you explained it, as I would probably tar'd you with the same brush as the "Bankers"!

I was working at Tata steel in Jamshedpur India for 2 years to try and get some business for the steel mill services company that I work for, then had 1 year in Hyderabad India. It was a very difficult place to be, no driving only a driver to take you places. and the place is filthy.

Had 6 months at home, its hard to believe the nova was a rusty bare shell 5 months ago, Have really enjoyed getting into it.

I am going to Saudi in a months time, will try and delay going till after the png weekend, are you going??

SGA33
19-04-11, 09:15 PM
looks very nice and what a sleeper it will be :). I live in richmond it will be good to see a nova around here let alone a 4x4 one.

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 09:24 PM
looks very nice and what a sleeper it will be :). I live in richmond it will be good to see a nova around here let alone a 4x4 one.

I live jsut up the road, on the Stang. Between reeth and barnard castle.

I hope to have it running this weekend. albeit not driving yet!!!

SGA33
19-04-11, 09:34 PM
I live jsut up the road, on the Stang. Between reeth and barnard castle.

I hope to have it running this weekend. albeit not driving yet!!!

Lovely area to live in and plenty of nice roads to scare yourself on.lol
Used to go to the CB pub when i was younger and was always the driver so could take a detour that way on the way back to richmond.

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 09:43 PM
Lovely area to live in and plenty of nice roads to scare yourself on.lol
Used to go to the CB pub when i was younger and was always the driver so could take a detour that way on the way back to richmond.

I scare myself sometimes in a diesel mondeo on these roads, I dread to think what the adrenalin rush will be like in the nova.

Richmond is a lovely place to be too.

have you got a moss covered nova then???

SGA33
19-04-11, 09:49 PM
I have my first nova that i have had for 15 years tucked up in a friends lock up that one day will get dragged out and looked at.It was a b reg sr but it had been converted to gsi spec and when it eventually got tucked up it had a 2ltr 8 valve motor in it.

bazil
19-04-11, 09:53 PM
looks awesome cheif but just one thing, for the love of god dont put a gsi bumper on it!

get a GTE one and keep it mk1, it would pull the sport decals off no probs with a gte front end IMO

if you get it running could you take a video or two for us members that are too far away to see it in action.

cheers.

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 09:54 PM
I have my first nova that i have had for 15 years tucked up in a friends lock up that one day will get dragged out and looked at.It was a b reg sr but it had been converted to gsi spec and when it eventually got tucked up it had a 2ltr 8 valve motor in it.

You need to come and see mine, It will get you motivated to get yours out of the lock-up.. !!!

SGA33
19-04-11, 10:04 PM
You need to come and see mine, It will get you motivated to get yours out of the lock-up.. !!!

I would love to :) i have motivation its the misses and kids that keep me from getting it home again :cry:

craig green
19-04-11, 10:12 PM
Thats a really interesting car being built there. Best of luck with finishing her off. I bet the initial test runs will be hair-raising.

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 10:12 PM
I would love to :) i have motivation its the misses and kids that keep me from getting it home again :cry:

Ahhh, well i don't have the kids, but I have the wife and it costs me to keep her horses, thats the only way I get away with it

Longdogcharlie
19-04-11, 10:17 PM
looks awesome cheif but just one thing, for the love of god dont put a gsi bumper on it!

get a GTE one and keep it mk1, it would pull the sport decals off no probs with a gte front end IMO

if you get it running could you take a video or two for us members that are too far away to see it in action.

cheers.

I hear what you are saying, I have a gte bumper, but had to cut a bl00dy big hole in the middle, the GSI will cover it all, even though I will have to drill a load of holes for cooling, Can I get hold of a fiberglass gte bumper???

Mieran
19-04-11, 10:28 PM
GSI bumper will look odd with MK1 headlights

Longdogcharlie
20-04-11, 08:37 AM
Point Taken, I will have to tidy up the front panel cause it is not the best, will put on an original sport mk1 bumper and cut it out in the middle. It will look much better..

LEWI007
20-04-11, 09:15 AM
GSi bumper and MK1 Headlights and grille look good together.

Check out that peppermint mk1 that was in max power years ago.

joshy
20-04-11, 09:30 AM
looks like its gonna be a monster

Southie
20-04-11, 10:58 AM
Lovely looking project, very high standard of graft going into this then and fingers crossed that you get it fired up over the coming weekend. :)

I'm not overly keen on the MK2 bumper MK1 combination, I'll let you decide though as it will be pretty hard getting a standard bumper around that fmic lol

Found this picture for you.

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/mods/gsi_bumper/after.jpg

Edd
20-04-11, 11:18 AM
im not keen either on a gsi bumper on a mk1

think it might look out of place with the sport decals

cracking build tho, will a gte/sr bumper not give the room you need ?

blue_peg_16v
20-04-11, 02:02 PM
Isn't one of the sports in the tv feature fitted with a Gsi bumper

Southie
20-04-11, 02:11 PM
Isn't one of the sports in the tv feature fitted with a Gsi bumper

That would be this one ;)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/vaughanmc/NovaSport245.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/vaughanmc/NovaSport246.jpg

Longdogcharlie
20-04-11, 02:19 PM
Good call, It doesnt look to bad..

It looks like it has the mk 2 grill cut down to fill the gap under the headlights??

Anyway which ever way I go, I guess I can change it if I don't like it.

Cheers Southie..

mowgli
20-04-11, 02:20 PM
that little filler strip under the light makes it look a lot tidier

The Simps
20-04-11, 02:31 PM
I love how an awesome 4x4 nova project has been posted on here and people are worried about the front bumper! Lol

Southie
20-04-11, 02:43 PM
I love how an awesome 4x4 nova project has been posted on here and people are worried about the front bumper! Lol I could mess about sorting a front bumper though, a 4x4 is far beyond my capabilities lol

Longdogcharlie
20-04-11, 02:57 PM
Maybe your right.

The bumper is very important, I think If I crash, It will take more the a bumper so save my ar5e

Royston
20-04-11, 02:58 PM
Will bring the Mk1 bumper grill skin when I visit ....soon:d

mowgli
20-04-11, 03:02 PM
I love how an awesome 4x4 nova project has been posted on here and people are worried about the front bumper! Lol

less typing more welding

Longdogcharlie
20-04-11, 08:10 PM
been preping the doors tonight for paint on Friday. was flatting the tailgate with 1500 grit for polishing but rubbed through, bummer i have that to start again. I hate bodywork..!!!

Longdogcharlie
21-04-11, 02:28 PM
Sport stickers ordered, should be here next week. Its the big push to get the paint finished over the weekend..

SGA33
21-04-11, 08:17 PM
Will look superb with the sport stripes

Longdogcharlie
21-04-11, 08:21 PM
Ayeeee!!! The bodywork is really starting to do my head in, I have done the boot lid about 5 times and still don't have it right..

SGA33
21-04-11, 08:31 PM
If you can build a 4wd nova i am sure the paintwork will be
No problem. Lol

Longdogcharlie
21-04-11, 08:56 PM
I justr find the body work hard work. In trying to get a good finish with some 2000grit by hand and the electric polisher I seem to rub thro all the time

chrisnovaturbo
21-04-11, 09:31 PM
are you rubing thro when flating back or are you burning thro with mop?

Royston
21-04-11, 09:33 PM
Charlie, do it all by hand, I guarantee you won't polish through again;)

No I won't demonstrate next weeklol I machine polished the SR, but any areas now it's ....wipe on wipe off:roll:

Longdogcharlie
21-04-11, 09:36 PM
Rubbing thro when flatting back.. I thought I had put plently paint on, abviously not!!! Any thoughts ..

Royston
21-04-11, 09:38 PM
unfortunately more paint I reckon Charlie, is it just one spot or a few?

Longdogcharlie
21-04-11, 09:57 PM
just one spot, on the top edge. I will get it sorted tomorrow, Need to get it done for next week when the stickers get here. can't wait.. She will look like a sport again!!!

sport
22-04-11, 12:25 PM
Have you got any pics of how its looked over the years?

Longdogcharlie
22-04-11, 07:35 PM
Have you got any pics of how its looked over the years?

I have got loads as I have done the conversion, and have a few of it when I was 18years ago as a 2.0 16v.

John
22-04-11, 07:37 PM
I have got loads as I have done the conversion, and have a few of it when I was 18years ago as a 2.0 16v.

post away chap! :)

Longdogcharlie
22-04-11, 07:45 PM
post away chap! :)

Will post them up next week, the old ones need scanning as they are old Kodak photos on paper ( I dont have a scanner at home) and the other are on my computer at work.. will sort them out next week.

Longdogcharlie
22-04-11, 07:48 PM
Got the fuel line in today, and the tank plumbed in, the wiring is done for the fuel pump, and its cranking off the key.
Gat to make the tank straps tomorrow out of stainless.

Got the Harness in today. Think I may need that..

MIght be running this weekend Whooo!!

boss
23-04-11, 12:20 PM
need more pics of this its mint a 4x4 thats not wide

hotrod192
23-04-11, 02:35 PM
awsome project some really nice looking fabrication

Longdogcharlie
23-04-11, 08:07 PM
need more pics of this its mint a 4x4 thats not wide

Will put some more pics up next week. Got the tailgate done today at last after five attempts. looks ok now. should be ok for the decals..

Royston
23-04-11, 08:08 PM
Will put some more pics up next week. Got the tailgate done today at last after five attempts. looks ok now. should be ok for the decals..

Will it be finished for my visit on Tuesdaylol

Longdogcharlie
23-04-11, 08:22 PM
Will it be finished for my visit on Tuesdaylol

no chance, its work in progress!!!!

Longdogcharlie
26-04-11, 10:46 AM
Finally got the tailgate painted and fitted. Doors are also painted, tried to fit the passenger side one, but the hinge has been damaged during all the work for the 4x4 system, will need some tweeking with a big hammer i think..

The Simps
26-04-11, 10:52 AM
A few "technical" adjustments eh Charlie?! lol

Longdogcharlie
26-04-11, 11:12 AM
it just means even more bodywork to tidy it back up when I get the hinges to line up.. If thats the only problem thats not to bad!!!

Longdogcharlie
28-04-11, 09:12 PM
got the nova sport stickers today. can't wait to get them on, it will be good to see it looking like it should.

drivers door is on, got the one piece plastic window in, not sure how to secure the window into the door, any thoughts other than stickaflex??

Edd
28-04-11, 09:24 PM
More pics ! More pics ! lol

Longdogcharlie
28-04-11, 09:29 PM
will take some more tomorrow and post them up, looks pretty good, had Royston up tonight, he seemed quite impressed with it.

Royston
28-04-11, 10:20 PM
More pics ! More pics ! lol

No make Edd wait...............as I've been and seen first handlol

Charlie, I managed to bottom out the Vitesse on one of your country dips on the way homelol

You've made super progress Charlie, will have a look through my bit's and bobs to see if I can help

Nick J
28-04-11, 10:30 PM
Looks to be a very impressive build this one! Im really glad someone has actually achieved it whilst utilising the standard nova shell body from an exterior point of view etc. I didnt realise you were so local! Its good to hear their are still some novas around this neck of the woods. :)

Nick.

The Simps
28-04-11, 11:15 PM
drivers door is on, got the one piece plastic window in, not sure how to secure the window into the door, any thoughts other than stickaflex??

Dont know if this helps at all Charlie...

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97938

Also, if you need any more pics posting them just email them again bud :)

Longdogcharlie
29-04-11, 11:01 PM
Some more pics of the current situation..

doors and tailgate on.. at last

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%20april%202011/

The Simps
30-04-11, 12:05 AM
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%20april%202011/csmith16-8-10150.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%20april%202011/csmith16-8-10149.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%20april%202011/csmith16-8-10148.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%20april%202011/csmith16-8-10147.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%20april%202011/csmith16-8-10146.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%20april%202011/csmith16-8-10145.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%20april%202011/csmith16-8-10151.jpg

;)

NOVA saloon
30-04-11, 01:31 AM
This is seriously nice. 100% Effort and commitment.

SGA33
30-04-11, 11:12 AM
Looking very nice can't wait to see it with the sport decals
On it :cool:

Iain
30-04-11, 01:02 PM
Looking very good! Not keen on the harness bar though, is it just bolted to the seat brackets?

Longdogcharlie
01-05-11, 09:12 PM
got the engine running today, sounded sweet as a nut, shame its pi55ing oil out the crank seal.. engine is out again, hopefully be back in tomorrow..

ben doodar
01-05-11, 10:11 PM
got the engine running today, sounded sweet as a nut, shame its pi55ing oil out the crank seal.. engine is out again, hopefully be back in tomorrow..

lol commitment!

garethcolley
02-05-11, 11:19 AM
Charlie - I did my poly carbs using Lee's method and it worked really well. Pics

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq205/colley340/A-Reg%20Nova%20build/DSC01627.jpg

Longdogcharlie
02-05-11, 07:22 PM
Hi Gareth,

I have already bonded them in using the Nova seals, just need to get some corsa seals to run along the bottom.

been rebuilding the rear suspension arms with new backing plates for the handbrake shoes, cost a fortune for new backing plates, bearing shoes, discs and pads. should have them put back together this week.

Couldnt get a crank seal on back holiday bummer, engine still on garage floor...

bai1ey
03-05-11, 09:49 AM
loving the build just had a read as far as the front end issue could you not use a snow plow and keep it retro mk1. I think it would look nice and tie in with the sport decals nicly. just my opinion of corse

Longdogcharlie
03-05-11, 12:41 PM
I have an old school mk1 bumper from Royston (like the original sport), trimmed it yesterday around the intercooler and turbo water cooler, it is going to look great. just need the trims for along the bottom of the front valance. will post some more pics when I get the engine back in..

The Simps
03-05-11, 01:22 PM
I have an old school mk1 bumper from Royston (like the original sport), trimmed it yesterday around the intercooler and turbo water cooler, it is going to look great. just need the trims for along the bottom of the front valance. will post some more pics when I get the engine back in..

If you're talking about the 2 corner pieces that pin up to the bottom valance when running a skinny bumper I have 2 I'm happy to donate to such a worthy project Charlie?

Longdogcharlie
03-05-11, 07:35 PM
If you're talking about the 2 corner pieces that pin up to the bottom valance when running a skinny bumper I have 2 I'm happy to donate to such a worthy project Charlie?

Simon that would be great!!, where are you?? how do I work the logistics of getting them shipped or collected.

Hopefully I will get it back on its wheels at the weekend, got the crank seal today, and sand to blast the parts inside the rear hubs.

If you send me a PM with your contact details I will give you a call.

Cheers

Charlie

Mieran
03-05-11, 07:58 PM
cant wait to see this at york in the 4x4 class whopping evos and scoobies :d

Longdogcharlie
03-05-11, 08:08 PM
I can't wait for that day either!!

Nick J
03-05-11, 08:12 PM
Hi Charlie, Unlike most of the forum regulars Im unsure If you will have ever seen this car before but it sounds like your after a similar look so Im sure these few pics may give you a helping hand.............

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/c20tbo/IMAG0007.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/c20tbo/IMAG0008.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/c20tbo/IMAG0006.jpg

Hope this may help graphics,bumper or intercooler decisions etc. :)

Nick.

Longdogcharlie
03-05-11, 08:25 PM
thats pretty much the look I am after. looks great.

Longdogcharlie
05-05-11, 04:48 PM
Royston, bumper has cleaned up spot-on with a light sand blast. its going to look mint.. pics coming soon..

Royston
05-05-11, 06:20 PM
Royston, bumper has cleaned up spot-on with a light sand blast. its going to look mint.. pics coming soon..
I'm please it's working out OK;)

Longdogcharlie
05-05-11, 09:19 PM
Its all coming together. Engine is back in and running Yes!!!, and no oil leaks.. we are back to where we were in Saturday..

andybishop
06-05-11, 09:20 PM
Impressive build, Impressed you kept it all behind the original arches, needed to be done!! can't wait to see this finished!!

Longdogcharlie
07-05-11, 08:23 PM
Got a bit more done today, went shopping, at the scrappy, got the window seals from a corsa "c". fitted look sweet.
fitted the speedo cable, modified the gear linlage as it was catching the rack, finished the rear arms rebuild and got them back in, fitted the rear arb. fitted the hand brake cables, just need to modify the handle.

will get some more pics up tomorrow..

The Simps
07-05-11, 08:51 PM
Glad to see the progress is still moving on nicely :)

Longdogcharlie
07-05-11, 09:30 PM
I want to drive it before i go to saudi on the 24th..

Longdogcharlie
08-05-11, 08:50 PM
some more pics of the rear suspension rebuild with arb fitted, brake pipes made and handbrake cable fitted, new backing plates for the handbrake drums.
http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%208-5-11/

anyone have any idea where i can get the drive shafts shortened.??

NOV4_SPORT
08-05-11, 08:55 PM
WOW looking really good matey.

iain

Danb1987
08-05-11, 08:59 PM
My friend works at a weld inspection place and he wa on about getting some shafts extended and x-rayed etc il find out if he could get them done.

SGA33
08-05-11, 09:02 PM
some more pics of the rear suspension rebuild with arb fitted, brake pipes made and handbrake cable fitted, new backing plates for the handbrake drums.
http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/4x4%20nova%208-5-11/

anyone have any idea where i can get the drive shafts shortened.??

You could try Martyn tinker who is not that far from you in bedale

playboy_jaycee
08-05-11, 09:18 PM
Like :d

Longdogcharlie
08-05-11, 09:31 PM
will try Marty Tinker, I have his number, never thought of him..

Also do I use the pipe type shafts or the solid type.. for the front, I think the pipe will be stronger...?

L14MNP
09-05-11, 11:26 AM
RE the shafts. Dunno anyone down your way, can ask my mate in Darlo who he has used, but there's always Commercial Propshaft at Team Valley.

Longdogcharlie
09-05-11, 12:26 PM
been to commercial propshaft today, should be ready this week, Might get a drive at the weekend!!!

The Simps
09-05-11, 01:19 PM
How much they charging bud to make the shafts?

Longdogcharlie
09-05-11, 04:20 PM
The shafts were £95 each, not sure about the prop yet, they are having having a look at it first..

scott.parker
09-05-11, 07:18 PM
Well Ive just read most of this thread, and to say the least its impressive, cant wait to see this finished, would be nice to see it in real life, but i doubt you'll be at any of the shows/events from what you said about your work.job etc.

Keep us updated.

Scott

Longdogcharlie
09-05-11, 07:40 PM
hi scott, I never know with work if and when and where I may be, if i can get it mobile I may take it on the trailer to the PNG show for the day.. last weekend before I go.. for a day out!!!

The Simps
09-05-11, 08:09 PM
Trims went 1st class today buddy :)

Royston
09-05-11, 08:16 PM
Would be good to take it Charlie, I´m going down Saturday and stopping over, let me know;)

Longdogcharlie
09-05-11, 08:16 PM
Trims went 1st class today buddy :)

Your a gent cheers!!

Longdogcharlie
09-05-11, 08:18 PM
Would be good to take it Charlie, I´m going down Saturday and stopping over, let me know;)

Note sure I will get a passout to stop over with going away on the wednesday for a few months, but could get for a day, are you on a stand, can we get it on a stand..??

mowgli
09-05-11, 08:26 PM
Note sure I will get a passout to stop over with going away on the wednesday for a few months, but could get for a day, are you on a stand, can we get it on a stand..??

the nats weekend is not strictly a show... its a gathering on us lot, we have a laff, enjoy the craic, and catch up with each other. there hasn't been a stand on one yet..

Longdogcharlie
09-05-11, 08:29 PM
the nats weekend is not strictly a show... its a gathering on us lot, we have a laff, enjoy the craic, and catch up with each other. there hasn't been a stand on one yet..

Ok If thats the case maybe I can get a night out and we can all get pi55ed..

mowgli
09-05-11, 08:35 PM
Ok If thats the case maybe I can get a night out and we can all get pi55ed..

i believe that is an option...

Longdogcharlie
09-05-11, 08:37 PM
it sounds like a very good option as i will be in saudi for 2 months without a drop!!!

mowgli
09-05-11, 08:38 PM
a school friend had lived in saudi with his family & he reckoned there was tons of booze about....

Longdogcharlie
09-05-11, 08:42 PM
I went to school there when i was a kid, my dad used to brew his own, I guess i will find some. will try and get down, sound like it will be a laugh..

Longdogcharlie
10-05-11, 08:18 PM
good news not going to saudi till june, so will be going to the png day, trying to get the nova presentable, rubbed thro the bonnet again tonight.. Bl00dy paint its torture!!!

Thanks to Simps for the front valance strips, if your going next week will bring you some beer..

Longdogcharlie
11-05-11, 06:33 PM
Bummer, I didnt realise you needed tickets to go next week, looks like the nova won't get its first outing for some time..

Southie
11-05-11, 06:46 PM
Pm Brownbear about the national weekend and your urgency ;)

Longdogcharlie
11-05-11, 06:57 PM
ok will give him a try, I tried the email address for tickets with Thomas Hogarth, no joy..

scott.parker
12-05-11, 12:20 AM
Tom is brown bear, I'm sure if you contact him, or pm Lee you might be able to get something sorted, i hope so mate.

Scott

Longdogcharlie
12-05-11, 10:10 AM
Have tried Tom again, if someone drops out he is going to let me know, will have to watch this space. !!

Longdogcharlie
12-05-11, 09:21 PM
got the shafts today, sweet. see pics,

oil is in gearbox, not sure what to do with the exhaust yet. its not going to be easy to make and fit.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/nova%2012-5-11/

Novasport
12-05-11, 09:48 PM
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/nova%2012-5-11/csmith16-8-10005.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/nova%2012-5-11/csmith16-8-10004.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/nova%2012-5-11/csmith16-8-10003.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/nova%2012-5-11/csmith16-8-10002.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/nova%2012-5-11/csmith16-8-10001.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/nova%2012-5-11/csmith16-8-10006.jpg

Novasport
12-05-11, 09:50 PM
Thats better

Looking good so far. Pity intercooler could not be a little more stealth to retain more of an original look but otherwise a great project.

Longdogcharlie
12-05-11, 09:57 PM
I started to modify it about 8 years ago so probably would have left it alone and kept it original sport had I know how rare a mint one would have become

To late now!! so I guess I want it to scare the sh1t out of me, Think it will probably do that!!!

Edd
12-05-11, 09:59 PM
Looks very impressive

Be nice to see the Sport decals and white bumper flashes on :) maybe some orange front indicators ?

Plug
12-05-11, 10:04 PM
that is amazing

Thumbs up to you mate for a very well built car :thumb:

The Simps
12-05-11, 11:46 PM
Now where talking Charlie! Looking great!! Very neat trimming work around the intercooler and I think you're right, the valance trims do just finish it all off. Good choice.

Longdogcharlie
13-05-11, 01:16 PM
I didnt spend a lot of time on the prep of the front valance as I was going to cover it with the GSI bumper, the trims on the bottom cover the panel fit which is good.

SGA33
13-05-11, 04:52 PM
Looks better and better with each update :)

Brodie_Sri
13-05-11, 05:51 PM
Just read the full thread have to say stunning work:thumb:

Longdogcharlie
14-05-11, 06:38 AM
been making the exhaust, can't get it thro the back suspension, so made a side exit infront of driverside rear wheel, sounds mint, its all tack welded, just need to fully weld and put the mounts on, its a tight fit, hope it doesnt catch. Will call it temporary and try to get nortech to make one when i get time!!

bazil
14-05-11, 06:58 AM
Excellent work cheif, side exit sounds like a nice idea, oval shape?

I hope you get a blast in it soon :)

Ben
14-05-11, 07:22 AM
Excellent work, i think its great that its a sport shell aswell!

Has moved the boundries of the 4x4's by far!

Longdogcharlie
14-05-11, 09:02 AM
yep oval shape cut on an angle, it looks ok, Its just one of things, Need to make a concession now and then for the 4x4, it was the same with the intercooler hanging out front.

Royston
14-05-11, 10:21 AM
Good job with the bumper Charlie;) , knew you'd come up with some thing. I'm sure Ernie will be pleased it has gone to good use, he gave it to me years agolol

I'm back home now(3 am this morning) catch up soon:cool:

Longdogcharlie
15-05-11, 01:54 PM
At Last Got a drive if it yesterday, Drives straight and true. its going to be mint on the track..

I think ther is a problem with the fuel pressure, does any one know what the little in line valve/regulator does at the rear next next to the fuel pump, Do I need it on???

Mazz
15-05-11, 03:59 PM
This little do-hicky? Its a fuel damper diaphragm

http://img407.imageshack.us/i/dsc00073medium.jpghttp://img407.imageshack.us/i/dsc00073medium.jpg/http://img407.imageshack.us/i/dsc00073medium.jpghttp://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7448/dsc00073medium.jpg

It's not needed and probably won't be working anyhow! It basically steadies the fuel flow..

Have a read here:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125201

bazil
15-05-11, 04:10 PM
Last time I got one from vauxhall it was over £30!

Longdogcharlie
15-05-11, 04:12 PM
Cheers Mazz. That being the case I think the FSI boost value is goosed, it wont hold fuel pressure.

heds
15-05-11, 07:59 PM
awesome work mate, a pal just told me about this thread after i mentioned i was planning to start a nova 4x4 project and youve gone the same route as i had in mind. one question though, did the TX box clear the standard steering rack ok?

as for fuel problem, ditch the fuel damper its not needed,have you got a fuel pressure tester that you can screw on the rail? remember to test the fuel pressure with the vacuum line off.

Longdogcharlie
15-05-11, 08:53 PM
The steering rack is in the same place on the same mounting brkt on the bulkhead. have cut away just below for clearance.. it is tight tho, and the transfer box is tipped down very slightly, the prop is still ok.

took some pics of the exhaust exit, it looks ok I think.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/15-5-11exhaust/

I have a gauge on the existing fuel pressure regulator, but its all over the shop, I think the gauge may be faulty, Am going to get an MSV fuel regulator this week, with a new gauge. lets see if that works!!!

scott.parker
15-05-11, 10:23 PM
Yeah them sfi fpr's with the gauge are **** my old one did the same so i got the small sbd type, not cheep but its bang on no issues.

Longdogcharlie
16-05-11, 10:21 AM
Think I'm going to go for a fuelab 535 regulator.

Edd
16-05-11, 10:39 AM
Exhaust looks good !

Hope you sort the fueling out

Longdogcharlie
16-05-11, 11:10 AM
fuel regulator ordered, lets see that works, More money!!

PVG
16-05-11, 07:32 PM
Awesome job bud. Simply stunning :thumb:

Longdogcharlie
17-05-11, 09:56 AM
got lambda sensor in the exhaust last night for the air fuel mixture gauge, ready for when fuel pressure regulator arrives..

Edd
17-05-11, 10:06 AM
Got your Sport decals yet ?

Royston
17-05-11, 10:08 AM
Got your Sport decals yet ?

Yes he has;)

Longdogcharlie
17-05-11, 11:10 AM
yes got the stickers, just havent had time to buff the bodywork, plus am sh1t scared of rubbing thro again..

Longdogcharlie
17-05-11, 07:37 PM
fuel pressure reg is here. looks sweet, you don't get much for your money, Just have to wait for the -6 fittings to arrive.

Crlracing
18-05-11, 02:21 AM
nice project

Longdogcharlie
19-05-11, 08:48 PM
fuel regulator is fitted sweet, found a problem with the fuel lines when fitting it, one of the pipes has broken down and the fuel system is full of black s**t will have it all to clean out and fit new pipes, that was probably the problem all along, bummer...

Royston
19-05-11, 08:50 PM
Don't you just love old cars Charlielol

Longdogcharlie
19-05-11, 09:01 PM
am going to make it suffer when it does run properly!!!

Longdogcharlie
21-05-11, 07:30 PM
well boys'n girls. she is running and boosting and have scared myself already. left some cracking black stripes down the road in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. yeeha...!!!!

Danb1987
21-05-11, 07:37 PM
Vids vids vids!!! Marvelous news Charlie!! I imagine it's a serious peice of kit

Amazing work!!! Have some rep :) :thumb:

jonn
21-05-11, 07:37 PM
sounds like fun! great project

Longdogcharlie
21-05-11, 07:49 PM
am going to paint the bonnet tomorrow again, and the bumper stripes, then fit the wingmirrors. will start the flatting off on the shell ready for getting the stickers fitted..

Then it will need setting up on the rollers, going to try and book it in at RS Tuning in Leeds for August when I am back from work.. You can only imagine the smile on my face getting it going properly after so long:) .. Rock and roll bring on the scoobies!!!!

Danb1987
21-05-11, 07:51 PM
I forgot this is going to be a sport rep right?

Sweet Jesus lol this will no doubt be one of my favourite novas ever!!

Are you putting it in tv?

sport
21-05-11, 07:57 PM
It is a sport.

Longdogcharlie
21-05-11, 07:59 PM
Umm sorry to say its not a rep.. Its C688*OA it was original when i bought it 20 years ago. never mind she is probably the quickest sport alive..

Danb1987
21-05-11, 08:03 PM
FAIL.... Sorry about that I saw the thread a while ago and had rep in my mind,

I will say it must be the quickest sport out there thow lol lol

NOVA saloon
21-05-11, 08:07 PM
this has to be my favourite nova of all time it is truely amazing.

a very very big pat on the back. hopefully il see this in real life and i dream of seeing it having a good kicking lol.

again a very well desserved. WELL DONE

Longdogcharlie
21-05-11, 08:10 PM
Will try and get some video footage tomorrow if I can pursuade the mrs to take it, i'm a bit reluctant to use it too much before it is set up.. still a load of little bits to finish up.

boss
21-05-11, 08:12 PM
carnt wait to see vids love this car

david dixon
22-05-11, 10:37 AM
Its looking well Charlie, col tells me you've had it out for a run. is it feeling ok?
pleased to see that rad and cooler is doing the job :thumb:

David.

Longdogcharlie
22-05-11, 11:15 AM
Feels ok. Everything seems tight, and no vibration. Goes well. I need to book it in for august at RS to set it up. Think it should have vernier pullys first

david dixon
22-05-11, 07:19 PM
Are you on a pair of xe cams or just the inlet? if so you would be best off with verniers mate

Longdogcharlie
22-05-11, 07:47 PM
its running the inlet from an xe only.. thought that it should have a vernier to reduce the overlap..

david dixon
22-05-11, 08:00 PM
Yeah it needs to be a few deg (3-4) retarded charlie, rs will sort it all out though!

Longdogcharlie
22-05-11, 08:57 PM
Dave have you found me a rear bumper steel yet??

david dixon
22-05-11, 09:05 PM
I dont think we have one mate, we were thinking about using one ourself.

Longdogcharlie
22-05-11, 09:39 PM
do i need 2 verniers or just the one for the xe cam???

heds
22-05-11, 10:10 PM
just the one mate.

heds
22-05-11, 10:11 PM
Dave have you found me a rear bumper steel yet??
what you needing exactly?

david dixon
22-05-11, 10:34 PM
the rear bumper hanger heds

RJM25R
22-05-11, 10:36 PM
(best in a Darth Vader voice)

Impressive..... Most impressive.....

Longdogcharlie
23-05-11, 07:52 PM
does anyone know if the rear bumper steel on a mk2 will fit a mk1 rear bumper plastic..

novacabrio
23-05-11, 08:23 PM
It should fit yes, if not I think I have one here in Newcastle

Longdogcharlie
23-05-11, 08:26 PM
Can you PM me your contact details and cost as am in Newcastle friday.

Cheers

Charlie

Longdogcharlie
25-05-11, 09:56 PM
check out the front bumper pic , only a little bit of bleed..
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/25-5-11/csmith25-5-11001.jpg

david dixon
25-05-11, 10:03 PM
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/25-5-11/csmith25-5-11001.jpg

Royston
25-05-11, 10:17 PM
Nearly there Charlie;)

Longdogcharlie
26-05-11, 08:20 AM
Its Getting there, as usual the paint is driving me mad..

mk1nova_rich
26-05-11, 09:12 AM
Awesome project mate, and very ambitious :) be nice to see some figures after a set up

Longdogcharlie
28-05-11, 09:24 PM
Got the bodywork finished today all flatted and painted, Bonnet is not the best but have had enough. Should get the stickers on this week,

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/28-5-11/28-5-11004.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/28-5-11/28-5-11001.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/28-5-11/28-5-11002.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/28-5-11/28-5-11003.jpg

sport
28-05-11, 10:30 PM
Cant wait to see it wearing the decals.

Graeme
28-05-11, 10:34 PM
Wouldn't painting the fmic make a big more subtle?

The Simps
29-05-11, 11:36 AM
Almost there mate! Keep going...

Longdogcharlie
29-05-11, 09:49 PM
Aye,, getting there, got a brkt made for the number plate for the front off to one side, thanks to nova cabrio for the rear bumper today, got new stainless steel brkts made for the sides, and its fitted, just need to get the mudflaps on tomorrow.

getting the stickers fitted on tuesday, all being well, is it meant to have a white stripe around the bumpers??

novacabrio
29-05-11, 09:51 PM
Any time mate, good to meet you!

heds
30-05-11, 10:26 AM
sorry charlie forgot all about you coming up mate, ive not been online for a few days , glad you got sorted.

MattBrown
30-05-11, 10:56 AM
Wouldn't painting the fmic make a big more subtle?

Bad Graeme!

Huge, big, look at me intercooler is required!

And a huge Chavez valve.

On a serious note, there's a few wide arched ones, but IMO, this Is the best one as it keeps it on the same track.

Love it!

NOV4_SPORT
30-05-11, 11:07 AM
Aye,, getting there, got a brkt made for the number plate for the front off to one side, thanks to nova cabrio for the rear bumper today, got new stainless steel brkts made for the sides, and its fitted, just need to get the mudflaps on tomorrow.

getting the stickers fitted on tuesday, all being well, is it meant to have a white stripe around the bumpers??

Looking good mate, yes the bumpers are ment to have the white stripe around the bumpers, here is a pic from my bumper

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2459/picture3139.jpg

:thumb:

Longdogcharlie
30-05-11, 05:16 PM
got the bumpers done, mud flaps on, all waxoiled under the arches,

Made a fake rear exhaust, so it doesnt look daft from the back..

will get the white stripe on the bumpers with the mail stickers, Its starting to look the part..

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/30-5-11/

maddogdaz666
31-05-11, 12:46 AM
looks bang on mate, i cant wait to see it with the stickers on :thumb:

The Simps
31-05-11, 10:41 PM
You need to take me for a ride in this at some point dude!

Royston
31-05-11, 10:42 PM

I'm hoping to catch up with the machine again soon:d

Longdogcharlie
01-06-11, 08:41 AM
Got the stickers on last night, a few technical hitches, but will be ok, it was to late to take pics, hope to get some tonight.. It look great if i say so myself..

Plug
01-06-11, 10:17 AM
cant wait to see it with the decals fitted :thumb:

Longdogcharlie
01-06-11, 02:41 PM

Only got one seat, but your quite welcome to have a go!!!!

TeddyThom
01-06-11, 02:47 PM
Only got one seat, but your quite welcome to have a go!!!!

Now that is an offer no man (or woman lol) would refuse!!

Certainly wouldn't say no myself...

Longdogcharlie
01-06-11, 06:00 PM
got a pic of the car stickers in tha garage, its lashing down outside.. so will have to wait for more..

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/charlielogdog/31-5-11/

Danb1987
01-06-11, 06:08 PM
That's looking sexual!! I love those wheels and the graphics look mint!

Longdogcharlie
01-06-11, 06:19 PM
cheers, am really please how it has turned out,
Will get a vernier pulley at PVS if I can, then get it set up,
My work travel has been delayed by 2 weeks, Sweet!!!

SGA33
01-06-11, 07:15 PM
Looking better and better each time you post a new pic.
Well done, you must be so pleased with the progress you are making :)

mikeymck
01-06-11, 07:20 PM
cool

Longdogcharlie
01-06-11, 07:20 PM
cheers buddy, I'm very pleased how it is turning out!! even got a quote for the insurance today, cant find the log book thou, its been so long, Need to get some plates made before MOT..

novacabrio
01-06-11, 08:03 PM
Brilliant! Do I get a drive? lol

Longdogcharlie
01-06-11, 08:08 PM
I just need to get it set up so it doesnt explode, then why not, your welcome down here any time..

novacabrio
01-06-11, 08:09 PM
More questionable is the Range Rover in the back ground... Is it due for change? I know a good Land Rover salesman lol