PDA

View Full Version : eBay help.

sulphur
16-04-11, 04:06 PM
Right, the wife just sold a Nintendo DSi on ebay. Seller paid straight away, was packed well and posted first class. It was in immaculate condition, actually spotless. She had it on for around an hour the night before it was posted making sure it was all working etc, deleted all data on it blah blah blah.

Now this c*nt has opened a case saying it's faulty. It won't charge, and won't turn on. Wants a full refund. He told me he's already opened it up to change the battery so it's not a battery problem.

I know for a fact is was working, and it was listed with 'No refunds accepted'. Where do I stand with this?

I've told him I'm not willing to offer a refund, or accept it back 'cos he's tampered with it. I dunno what he could've done to it. Anyway, the case is now opened, but as a seller you've only got 4 option on eBay to respond to it...
1. issue the refund
2. part refund
3. offer a spare part
4. escalate it and let ebay be the judge.

If I escalated it, would it go in his favour? Like **** I'm gonna accept something back that he's ****ed with

Rich
16-04-11, 06:14 PM
tell him to post if back for you to test and go from there. You will probably get a different (broken) one back or nothing at all

bmw156
16-04-11, 06:25 PM
hmmmm tough one,

i would of said go with what Rich says as its a good idea, BUT because the guy has opened it, and probably voided the warranty its useless to you now.

did you have a picture with it turned on, on the listing?

i say esclate it to ebay. the other options suck.
whats his feedback like? high score?positive?

Pete
16-04-11, 07:42 PM
I had a similar case to this but with a blackberry storm I sold.

The phone worked fine and never had a problem with it for the months I had it,
Bubble wrapped it in copious ammounts and even posted in a bubble wrapped envelope.

4 days after he leaves me feedback he says that the phone was sold to him as broken/faulty.
He says when it had ran out of battery (after 4 days use) which I know the phone wasn't capable of even in standby
He opened a case and I told him to send it me for further inspection and I covered p+p as he was an arsehole..
Anyway took the back off and it was water damaged..

eBay eventually sided with me as my account is mainly for sellin used phones that are working and I've never sold a broke one. But whether they side with you or not is a different mater tbh

novalew
16-04-11, 09:53 PM
ebay used to be a decent place for buying and selling things that were not readily available etc

now its just full of scumbags selling shoddy goods or people ripping you off when you sell a decent product. I have actually moved back to using old methods like local papers and stuff now.

I hope that this works out in your favour mate, i wouldn't accept it back as it has been messed with and is now not as you sold it making it his problem. If it was faulty he should of contacted you in the first instance.

sulphur
16-04-11, 09:54 PM
Blah, I'll let it escalate to eBay. I've just uncovered the serial ID for the console itself from when the wife registered it on ClubNintendo, so if he sends a different one back i'll have him on that. Cheeky tw@ probably has a broken one and trying to fiddle this one.

His feedback is good, like 98% or something. Still, I don't know what he's done to it now. As you said, it's useless to me now he's opened it.

blahh :(

sulphur
16-04-11, 09:57 PM
ebay used to be a decent place for buying and selling things that were not readily available etc

now its just full of scumbags selling shoddy goods or people ripping you off when you sell a decent product. I have actually moved back to using old methods like local papers and stuff now.

I hope that this works out in your favour mate, i wouldn't accept it back as it has been messed with and is now not as you sold it making it his problem. If it was faulty he should of contacted you in the first instance.

Yeah, this is exactly my point. ebay doesn't give the seller an option to defend themselves as when a case/dispute is opened!

Southie
16-04-11, 09:57 PM
tell him to post if back for you to test and go from there. You will probably get a different (broken) one back or nothing at all Seconded, if you know it was working then tell them to send it back, If I sell anything electrical I always write down the serial codes of the electrical items incase they try to send a duff one back or take taking a picture is even better ;)

novalew
16-04-11, 10:02 PM
Blah, I'll let it escalate to eBay. I've just uncovered the serial ID for the console itself from when the wife registered it on ClubNintendo, so if he sends a different one back i'll have him on that. Cheeky tw@ probably has a broken one and trying to fiddle this one.

His feedback is good, like 98% or something. Still, I don't know what he's done to it now. As you said, it's useless to me now he's opened it.

blahh :(

it takes the Pi55 with the percentage you get charged for selling anything too.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ben
17-04-11, 09:28 AM
i have always found that ebay dont care about the condition, by saying its faulty he has admitted receiving it and they will favour with you.

Dont issue a refund! Ever! let ebay take it from paypal if they want it,

bmw156
17-04-11, 10:01 AM
great that you have the serial number, i would say to him i have the serial number, and give the last 4 digits to show your not messing.
then say can you have a video or picture or the actual DS not working and showing the serial number.

sulphur
17-04-11, 10:25 AM
i have always found that ebay dont care about the condition, by saying its faulty he has admitted receiving it and they will favour with you.

Dont issue a refund! Ever! let ebay take it from paypal if they want it,

This...but then don't paypal take it from my bank? tbh the money he paid is long gone. Cleared the last little bit of a credit card with it. So there's nothing there to take lol. I dont want them to attempt to take it, or take it and I end up with overdrawn charges and all that ****e that follows

calibra-keith
17-04-11, 10:32 AM
i try to get people to pick up and only offer postage if the person seems genuine, good feedback and willing to exchange numbers and call,

was is sent far ? try find something you want thats near them and go pick it up and at same time go to there address and see what crack is, you may find there genuine people or scum bags with loads electricals.

Bubba
17-04-11, 02:56 PM
you have his address...if he sends you back a different one just tell him your coming to pay him a visit ;)

Hoochie
17-04-11, 04:41 PM
This...but then don't paypal take it from my bank? tbh the money he paid is long gone. Cleared the last little bit of a credit card with it. So there's nothing there to take lol. I dont want them to attempt to take it, or take it and I end up with overdrawn charges and all that ****e that follows

Paypal will take it from your paypal account and put it into debit.then they will send mails to recover outstanding money......then.....they will threaten you with court proceedings.

I was ripped off to the tune of £155 in this manner.....:(

Pete
17-04-11, 06:05 PM
I know it's not electrical but I once sold a sov ring that sold for £110 Inc postage.
Buyer 30 odd days later sent me an email saying it was fake etc, anyway has my paypal account put into debit of £110 and my eBay account suspended for 3 weeks whilst the case was being resolved (apparently)
Anyway I won the case as it was not listed wrong and to the best of my knowledge. eBay can be quite good to the sellers on siding with them

Hoochie
18-04-11, 10:15 AM
I know it's not electrical but I once sold a sov ring that sold for £110 Inc postage.
Buyer 30 odd days later sent me an email saying it was fake etc, anyway has my paypal account put into debit of £110 and my eBay account suspended for 3 weeks whilst the case was being resolved (apparently)
Anyway I won the case as it was not listed wrong and to the best of my knowledge. eBay can be quite good to the sellers on siding with them

With my phone ( brand new in box, unwanted upgrade) they accepted and signed for it recorded delivery in the december, then waited the 3 months to say that the credit card used had been stolen at the time of purchase.........they also bought 3 other of the same phone and did the same to three other people, i did wonder why they didn't notice this on cc statement in jan or feb?
All paypal told me to do was report it to their local police which i did, and guess what, when they went round to the house, there was no one there of that name.
Theiving twunts :mad:.....and i was without phone and £155 down.