PDA

View Full Version : 20XE Distributor fault codes

Tony M
15-04-11, 07:07 PM
I had fault code 94 - Camshaft position (CMP) sensor - Voltage high coming up on the ECU and the light was constantly on. Since then I bought and fitted a new Bosch camshaft sensor and now the ECU light is off but if I flash the ECU I now get the fault code 93 - Camshaft position (CMP) sensor - Voltage low ? :(

Can anyone help me please?

swedge
15-04-11, 07:18 PM
leave the ecu unplugged for an hour or 2 and it should reset

Tony M
15-04-11, 07:33 PM
leave the ecu unplugged for an hour or 2 and it should reset

I've unplugged it mate. Just confused me how its switched from high voltage with the ECU light constantly on to low voltage with no ECU light but then the fault code showing if I flashed the codes ?

swedge
15-04-11, 07:41 PM
does your ecu light come on at all? does it run fine?

if it runs fine and the light dosnt stay on just leave it

Tony M
15-04-11, 07:48 PM
does your ecu light come on at all? does it run fine?

if it runs fine and the light dosnt stay on just leave it

No mate the light doesn't come on, I gave it a little rev and still no ECU light. Well I haven't drove it yet because of no insurance, but I got told that if codes are still showing when flashing codes the car won't be as quick? I don't know how true this is.

General Baxter
15-04-11, 08:21 PM
No mate the light doesn't come on, I gave it a little rev and still no ECU light. Well I haven't drove it yet because of no insurance, but I got told that if codes are still showing when flashing codes the car won't be as quick? I don't know how true this is.

no light = no limp home

the volvo system we use at works stores the codes for a year, before being hard deleted off the ecu!

Tony M
15-04-11, 08:35 PM
no light = no limp home

the volvo system we use at works stores the codes for a year, before being hard deleted off the ecu!

Thank you for clearing this up for me :thumb: