PDA

View Full Version : Car keeps cutting out?

MattG
15-04-11, 09:01 AM
Hello,

I have a 1.2 nova spin (carb),

Recently every half hour/hour of driving my car will just cut out but when Im moving it will start up straight away after (obviously from the speed so it bump starts). But this morning was the worst so far, I was warming it up while getting ready for work, to find when I come back out the engine had cut out and then it was really hard to start it after.

Does any one know what this could be if something might be on its way out etc?

Cheers,

MattG

mowgli
15-04-11, 09:33 AM
all the usuals, electrics or fuel.

swedge
15-04-11, 10:02 AM
over heating?

Connor
15-04-11, 11:13 AM
overfueling? leave the choke on to much?

General Baxter
15-04-11, 11:15 AM
overfueling? leave the choke on to much?

i vote choke lol

MattG
15-04-11, 11:18 AM
I dont have a choke cable, its electronic.

Maybe a service might be a good start to determine what the problem could be.

Not overheating either.

General Baxter
15-04-11, 11:20 AM
so its not a carb then

are you getting an engine managment light come on

MattG
15-04-11, 01:09 PM
It is a carb, with an electronic choke (Mark 2). Yes I do, and always have done from time to time it comes on but I dont think that light has anything to do with this.

I think its going to be something to do with the fuel, probably changing the fuel filter might clean the carb while Im at it.

John
15-04-11, 06:59 PM
It is a carb, with an electronic choke (Mark 2). Yes I do, and always have done from time to time it comes on but I dont think that light has anything to do with this.

I think its going to be something to do with the fuel, probably changing the fuel filter might clean the carb while Im at it.

The engine management light is indicating a fault with the ENGINE. Might wanna get that looked at. Either go to a garage and get them to do it for you, or flash the codes off yourself.
You can't have a carb with an electronic choke. If you look carefully you'll see an injector sitting on top of what you think is the carb, therefore i presume you an a c12nz engine.

General Baxter
15-04-11, 08:15 PM

grrrrr its not a carb, its single point injection unit lol

john did you not tell him to do that, when he first joined up?

Nova_Tek
15-04-11, 08:57 PM
If it's carb it has no ECU hence no engine light. If it has an engine light it has an ECU therefore it's an injection. Check all the usuals and check the codes as said. Coolant Temp Sensor maybe?

MattG
26-04-11, 01:27 PM
Turned out to be a cable from the ECU to the distributer had correded in the plug and every movement would make the engine cut out or bump

mowgli
26-04-11, 01:34 PM
glad its sorted..