PDA

View Full Version : flushed tailgate

Anonymous
09-08-00, 06:13 AM
Which do ye reckon is best,filling and smoothing the centre piece or putting a big panel right across the tailgate? if the big panel is better do you weld it on or will fibreglass do?

Anonymous
09-08-00, 08:35 AM
filling and smoothing, if done properly by a professional, and respraying the whole tailgate should look acceptable... but, if you put the bit panel of stainless across the back, you dont have any chance of it cracking, or falling out when you slam the boot. It also reduces the chance of rust, cos stainless wont rust. Another advantage is that the change in angle of the tailgate means its almost impossible to notice the join, cos the light shines differently on the two angles, its kinda hard to explain, but trust me! Plus there is a lot less sanding to do cos you only need a bead of filler run along the edges to blend the metal in

Anonymous
09-08-00, 11:30 AM
my mate had her tailgate flushed and i can assure u to get a plate welded and then smoothed over with filla hers was done all over wiv filla by a "professional" and it looks a bastard!

Anonymous
09-08-00, 06:40 PM
tell u what im gonna do the whole panell in the next month coz my mate done his by filling the recess and under certain street lights it looks crap.