PDA

View Full Version : Petrol prices to rise to £1.50...

Southie
14-04-11, 06:39 PM
... ffs it's getting ridiculous >LINK (http://www.thisisbusiness-eastmidlands.co.uk/banks/think-petrol-s-pricey-just-wait-Easter-arrives/article-3332975-detail/article.html)<

Discuss.

Rexy
14-04-11, 06:42 PM
And thats why i'm breaking my ITB'd clio 172 lol :D

Considering the majority is tax I personally feel it is slowly killing the car industry.

Southie
14-04-11, 06:44 PM
I'm finding hard to believe that they can justify such a massive increase in such a small space of time, this is the reason why my nova is for sale or will just be sat on the drive :roll:

Jack
14-04-11, 06:46 PM
Thats way out of date :p

£1.50 maybe, later in the year (edit: for petrol; I reckon derv could reach 149.9 early-mid summer and hold for a while), if Libya doesn't get sorted out and producing again soon. Brent stabilized around $115 for a month or so and has jumped up to around $120-122 recently, but again seems to have flattened out.

The "1p fuel duty rise" was also a 1p cut wasn't it?

As for Japan - that actually saw a drop in the price of oil due to lower demand ;)

VAT and duty should be applied properly to fuel to begin with, rather than paying tax on a tax which is a blatant government money making scam

Rexy
14-04-11, 06:50 PM
Unless your wealthy you will have to walk/cycle or use public transport soon.

I know for a fact i wont be buying a car any time soon, Its just not worth the expense.

Southie
Well RJ the fuel yesterday up the road was 1.29 and over night it's gone to 1.34 at the same garage so someones taking the pee, probably the alcoholic that owns it though tbh lol

Edd
Tis a fooking piss take tbh

Nick some plates and fill up lol

Or have mass protests like Eygpt lol

Rexy
14-04-11, 06:51 PM
Protests wont work edd, english people usually just take it on the chin.

Southie
14-04-11, 06:54 PM
Tis a fooking piss take tbh

Nick some plates and fill up lol
I never knew they did 60 plate Vauxhall Novas, how strange lol

Bubba
14-04-11, 06:55 PM
Unless your wealthy you will have to walk/cycle or use public transport soon.

I know for a fact i wont be buying a car any time soon, Its just not worth the expense.

and in cornwall that pretty much non existant :cry::cry::cry:

Rexy
14-04-11, 07:00 PM
But your roads are nice down there, So motorbike's are FTW :D

AlexW
14-04-11, 07:01 PM
PAH!, Petrol station down the road charging £1.45 per litre for boggo unleaded, and £1.49 for diesel.

Luckily tescos is nearer...

Fuel cost is pretty much now the sole reason I drive a 12v corsa.

Jack
14-04-11, 07:09 PM
My cost prediction was based on supermarchéts I hasten to add, not overcharging chain/independents lol

There's an independent place here who's nigh on 145 a litre already - during the protests of 2000 he had some stocks of petrol left and put the price up to about £5 a litre lol

Dayle_
14-04-11, 07:12 PM
My cost prediction was based on supermarchéts I hasten to add, not overcharging chain/independents lol

There's an independent place here who's nigh on 145 a litre already - during the protests of 2000 he had some stocks of petrol left and put the price up to about £5 a litre lol

There were some of them round here. I'm glad people boycotted them after the event and they went out of business.

Nova_Tek
14-04-11, 07:17 PM
It'll probably get to that price for unleaded by the end of the year if all these global issues keep happening. At the mo, the cheapest fuel in my area is 129.9 which is at a Sainsbury's station. The LET is giving me infinity mpg at the moment as it's not in the Nova lol

If only it dropped back to a quid I'd be well happy.

AlexW
14-04-11, 07:31 PM
Fuel is never going to be cheap again, Going to be the same with whatever new fuel they come up with, Even if they made electric cars better they would just put up the price of electric or find someway to **** people over. Same with hydrogen if they come up with a way to do it.

Southie
14-04-11, 07:42 PM
I'm actually contemplating putting a 1.2 back in mine lol

Nova_Tek
14-04-11, 07:51 PM
^ I'm contemplating whether to put an engine in mine lol

Na only kidding, still gonna do it. Just need to find a job that pays more :)

Southie
14-04-11, 07:56 PM
I wish I could run as fast as usain bolt lol

Hayley
14-04-11, 08:00 PM
Im going to get a horse and ride to work.

brainsnova
14-04-11, 08:12 PM
I can't work out if horsepower is based on horses if you have a fat ******* horse versus a fit horse they ard still 1hp each after all that work. lol

Andy
14-04-11, 08:23 PM
i cant fukking wait till dodgy darren fills me up with red diesel again
haha up yours Mr Osbourne

Hayley
14-04-11, 08:42 PM
i cant fukking wait till dodgy darren fills me up with red diesel again
haha up yours Mr Osbourne

Hope thats all above board. dont make me report you lol

L14MNP
14-04-11, 08:44 PM

How can it be? lol

I miss running cars on cherry and chip fat! It's for winners - except when the smell gets on your clothes!

Jack
14-04-11, 08:45 PM
I'm actually contemplating putting a 1.2 back in mine lol
I got better MPG out ofmy XE than I ever did with my 1.2's lol

Andy
14-04-11, 08:46 PM
so if i lay a scaffold baton on the floor whilst he replenishes me then im ok?? above board etc;) :p lol

Hayley
14-04-11, 08:47 PM
How can it be? lol

I miss running cars on cherry and chip fat! It's for winners - except when the smell gets on your clothes!

well the dodgy darren bit did give it away lol but I didnt know what you did job wise.

I think id like to try running my car on chip fat..I wonder if id have a load of fatties chasing me down the street tho

Oh above board.. I get it. LOL tres funny

Jack
14-04-11, 08:48 PM
I wonder if id have a load of fatties chasing me down the street tho
You called?

Southie
14-04-11, 08:48 PM
I got better MPG out of my XE than I ever did with my 1.2's lol
Ahhhh then it's back to a happy medium with a 1.4 then lol

blue_peg_16v
14-04-11, 09:19 PM
well unleaded is going up localy but lpg is going down so got to get the system running proply its gone down 3p in the last week 64p now

mk1nova_rich
14-04-11, 10:16 PM
tis a complete piss take, yet still doesn't compare to public transport... my bus hasnt come 3 days so far this week :wtf:

NOVA saloon
14-04-11, 10:53 PM
Garage not far from me charging 1.47 for derv it's a joke and as said before we should stick together hang up the keys cancel insurance don't move for a few week yes we would come to a stand still big time that way the goverment would have to lower fuel and insurance companies would have to lower prices too. IMO pound a litre. Me got plenty of fat my dad owns a chippy lol

But oviously that's my Opinion!

mk1nova_rich
14-04-11, 10:56 PM
The Royal Wedding bank holiday is the perfect opportunity for a mass protest, standstill, blockade...

Danny s-p
14-04-11, 11:38 PM
Thats way out of date :p

£1.50 maybe, later in the year (edit: for petrol; I reckon derv could reach 149.9 early-mid summer and hold for a while), has done at our closes garage so i drive to tesco now and pay 1.35.9

Hobbit
14-04-11, 11:57 PM
I have to buy the stuff no matter the price so no point getting angry about it.

BRoadGhost
15-04-11, 09:10 AM
Hmmm until things stabilise from our main sources what can we do?

We're there atm trying to help the people get what they want - it just won't happen overnight.

Trouble is, it's very hard for a price to come down once it's gone up. Doubt the taxation will ever change either.

We need to start thinking about sourcing oil for ourselves - we just don't have natural resources that are demanded anymore. Maybe money should be spent researching a direct substitute for petrol as there's no way people want to give up the internal combustion engine.

Mike
15-04-11, 09:18 AM
The UK needs to start searching in its own back yard...

Oh wait, they did (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264900/Prospectors-discover-seven-potential-oil-drilling-sites-underneath-Dorset-Hampshire-Isle-Wight.html) but kept it schtum...

Edd
15-04-11, 09:26 AM
Didn't know that Mike

But knowing this fooked up country we will either give it to Pakistan or sell it to another country

Jack
15-04-11, 10:49 AM
I posted about that in the budget thread :p

[edit]

Even if they did - wow, 1p a litre (Ok, 1.3p all in, but it'll be rounded to 1p). Damn me for filling up the Nova yesterday. I could have saved myself 34p on the £44.51 I put in. That could have paid for a whole lot of things!

Where as if VAT was properly applied to petrol, then we'd be seeing an 12p a litre drop at the pumps. Instead, we're being taxed on a tax, which generates lots of lovely income for the government.

[edit] Oh and when you take into account the increased taxation from 20% to 32% of north sea oil production, thats going to lead to an increase in oil price (Ok so we import most of our oil but still lol) which means increase in petrol price, so an increase in VAT revenue - oh hello Mr Osbourne, there's your penny a litre back with probable interest too

Why is taxation on going up on North Sea Oil? I have absolutely no idea what could have prompted that (http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/14810/encore-reports-north-sea-oil-and-gas-discovery).... LOL

[edit again] I was racking my brain to think what caused the raise from $115 to $122 a barrel on oil - funnily enough, it seems to coincide with the budget where they announced the tax hike on NSO lol

Mike
15-04-11, 11:18 AM
Didn't know that Mike

But knowing this fooked up country we will either give it to Pakistan or sell it to another country

Theres also been an epic discovery of oil in the middle of some forest somewhere in the UK but that was also kept really quite :tard:

w_wall_2001
15-04-11, 11:33 AM
im goin to cry, the cost of running a ph 3.5 let and e39 m5 will be rediculous for me :cry: