PDA

View Full Version : Seriously hard can it be??

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:15 PM
To find parts for a standard 1200 Mk1??

The bits I'm trying to find are clearly like rocking horse do-do!!!!!!!

The Nova has been off the road for 2 weeks now!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Rant over for now.

blue_peg_16v
11-04-11, 10:19 PM
what do you need

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:21 PM
Have been trying to find an auxillary drive belt pulley for two weeks now :mad:

Seems like the stuff for my engine has disappeared into the sands of time... And I have been losing money left right and centre as I use it for work as it is the only car I drive

Royston
11-04-11, 10:23 PM
If you have a sample can you not get one from a decent local motor factors?

blue_peg_16v
11-04-11, 10:25 PM
take the old belt for length and just ask if you can have a look through there belts

dave did that earlier for his td and has some sort of toyota belt works fine

if you dont thave the old belt put some string round the pullies to get a length and find a belt thats that lenght

TeddyThom
Nope mine are all worse than useless, took em two attempts to get my damned cambelt stuff correct ¬_¬

take the old belt for length and just ask if you can have a look through there belts

dave did that earlier for his td and has some sort of toyota belt works fine
It's not the belt I need but the actual pulley itself, sits on the crankshaft sprocket to drive my alternator...

John
Have been trying to find an auxillary drive belt pulley for two weeks now :mad:

Seems like the stuff for my engine has disappeared into the sands of time... And I have been losing money left right and centre as I use it for work as it is the only car I drive

Auxilliary drive belt pulley? You mean alternator pulley?

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:28 PM
yeah that's what I said lol

John
11-04-11, 10:29 PM
Fook me, i have a duff 1.3 alternator here, send me your address and i'll post you the pulley.

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:32 PM
You actually have the pulley that sits on the crankshaft sprocket??

kevster
11-04-11, 10:32 PM
i have the one that splits in to two when you take the nut off is that what you need?

John
11-04-11, 10:33 PM
You actually have the pulley that sits on the crankshaft sprocket??

No, alternator pulley, see my other post above?

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:34 PM
No Kev I just want the one that sits on the crankshaft sprocket and drives my alternator, has a keyway on it (little notch on the inside of the centre hole) and also has the timing mark etc on it

I'll post a picture so everyone is clear as to what I am on about...

mk1nova_rich
11-04-11, 10:34 PM
Sorry I still can't manage to find it pal :(

John
11-04-11, 10:35 PM
No Kev I just want the one that sits on the crankshaft sprocket and drives my alternator, has a keyway on it (little notch on the inside of the centre hole) and also has the timing mark etc on it

I can post a picture if needs be just to clear up any confusion??

^^

You're after the bottom pulley then :) Will have a look through my big box of engine bits tommorow for you.

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:36 PM
This is what I want, the big one on the left.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy173/teddythom/Photo0143.jpg

Like rocking horse do-do seriously.

Cheers John

Royston
11-04-11, 10:37 PM
Is there a local company that rebuilds/refurnishes starter motors & alternators? they maybe able to help.

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:38 PM
Is there a local company that rebuilds/refurnishes starter motors & alternators? they maybe able to help.

Alternator is fine royston lol

See above post :thumb:

Royston
11-04-11, 10:44 PM
Ah finally I understand what you're after:roll:

Your after a crank shaft pulley for the alternator, surely someone will have one, possibly even me, will have to have a look.......but not now;)

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:45 PM
Ah finally I understand what you're after:roll:

Your after a crank shaft pulley for the alternator, surely someone will have one, possibly even me, will have to have a look.......but not now;)

Have had a wanted thread up for two weeks lol

And that's fine, I'm grateful cheers :thumb:

John
11-04-11, 10:45 PM
will confirm i have have one for you tommorow :)

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:47 PM
Cheers John

First to PM me gets my business lol

John
11-04-11, 10:52 PM
If i have you can have it just for the cost of postage :)

TeddyThom
11-04-11, 10:55 PM
And for another time, cheers John lol

L14MNP
11-04-11, 11:49 PM
LOL @ this thread.

Things aren't that hard to find when you search the correct name. lol

Also if you think finding bits for a Nova is hard, you're in for a shock if you ever buy something else. lol

Danny s-p
11-04-11, 11:56 PM
what up with yours like

iceni
12-04-11, 10:06 AM
Got a brand new one in stock for a 12S, 12ST, 12NV Over Head Cam Engine

PM me if your interested

Andy

Connor
12-04-11, 10:13 AM
Was going to say, 1.2 parts are easy to get hold of, im mean i must of scraped about 4 1.2 carbed engines in bits lol

TeddyThom
12-04-11, 11:50 PM
Connnor, where I am parts are a little hard to find, I've tried ebay, here, migweb, vauxhall sport forums, nothing. Have had people say they have got what I want, go to check and have nothing. To say I'm starting to get ready to break it or set it alight is an understatement. If you have one please let me know :thumb:

General Baxter
13-04-11, 12:29 AM
i still dont get what your after

you have crank pulley, cam pulley, and water pump on the main side
then a drive pulley and alt pulley on the other

which one you after lol

i think your after the pulley which bolts onto the crank pulley yes?

if it is that one any nova ohc pulley will work, and any none PAS 8v corsa aswell

Steve
13-04-11, 02:19 AM
Baxter may be right about corsa ones, early ones were carb engines so SHOULD be the same.

Good luck mate, there was a time when 1200s were everywhere, when we fitted my 2.0 8v the old 1200 got scrapped even though it was mint with 33k on it no one wanted it lol lol

TonySR
13-04-11, 10:59 AM
I have a Crank Pulley sitting in my garden along with a 1.2 engine if you want it?

General Baxter
13-04-11, 11:06 AM
i dont think hes after the crank pulley, i think hes after the drive pulley which bolts to the crank pulley lol

TeddyThom
13-04-11, 11:39 AM
Baxter (and anyone else that is paying attention), I clearly stated what I wanted earlier in the thread lol

Even got a huge picture up.

I want the bottom pulley that sits on the crankshaft sprocket that drives the alternator. Would you like me to put the picture up again??

And no the early corsa ones don't fit, I've already tried that.....