PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 cuts out on me

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
11-04-11, 10:19 AM
not sure on engine been told its a c16se.. its not got a AFM its the one with the black dissy box thing see pichttp://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h70/stssavage/Dsc02943.jpg

Right so when i slow down fast from high speed eg coming off motorway onto sliproad. when it get it down to arround 2000 rpm and put clutch in to stop completley for lights ( for example ) it will cut out like it isnt idling but it idles fine when i start it and it tiks over.

swedge
11-04-11, 03:54 PM
looks like a c14se same as mine

tried cleaning the idle control valve
any vaccum leaks?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
11-04-11, 08:10 PM
Nah mate its a c16se not sure on what it could be i need some pics on what things are on the engine

7ova
11-04-11, 10:07 PM
looks like a c14se same as mine

tried cleaning the idle control valve
any vaccum leaks?

the C16SE and C14SE do look the same
fitted in the mk2 GSI and SRI's

the idle control valve is on the back
of the throttle body
between the rubber hose "air filter"
and your inlet manifold.

7ova
11-04-11, 10:11 PM
top left hand corner of photo

photo of my C16SE GSI manifold

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/sturooke/P1010032.jpg

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
12-04-11, 08:36 AM
oh me likes your inlet very shiney hehe :) thanks for help ill have a go at that when i cleaned this last time it had a fase of over ticking over for about a min is this because it was re adjusting?

stevie78
12-04-11, 09:01 PM
having same problem with my 14 m8 i cleaned the tcv tonight and it seemed alot better

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
13-04-11, 08:49 AM
what tcv do you mean icv?

swedge
13-04-11, 03:15 PM
The idle control valve is located on the inlet where the pipe connects from your airbox/filter

It's held in with 2 torx bolts take it out and clean it with carb cleaner it will look like a piston sorta thing with a spring on it

stevie78
13-04-11, 03:28 PM
what tcv do you mean icv?
sorry icv

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
13-04-11, 03:38 PM
thanks for replies ive done this once abit ago but will try it again no carm in doing so.. if this doesnt sort it im really gonna be fed up, really starting to piss me off is this engine..

16xe_chris
14-04-11, 05:55 PM
thanks for replies ive done this once abit ago but will try it again no carm in doing so.. if this doesnt sort it im really gonna be fed up, really starting to piss me off is this engine..

When the engine is switched off and you have removed the plastic air duct, open the butterfly by hand and you should here the icv click. It sounds to me more like fueling problems, if your fine on a long journey and under hard throttle but then it dies when coming down from speed, it could be that the engine is being starved of fuel??

As for the vss sensor if it didn't have one before the problems started it isn't going to need one now ;)

A Quick rolling road sesion may flag up the faults :thumb: