PDA

View Full Version : A few issues

clubberlang23
07-04-11, 10:40 PM
Finished rebuilding my 1.3sr engine, rebore new pistons etc...
Started up fine but as it gets warm it starts smoking more and more. Its white smoke like its burning oil. Don't lose any oil or water and have had running for ages.
Also there is a breather pipe on the back of the inlet just bellow the carb. Mine is not connected to anything , where and what should this be joined to?
Lastly replaced the headlights and all the bulbs, they did alll work fine. Went for a test drive tonight and have lost dip beam. Side and main beam work fine and checked fuse which was also fine. Please help as its booked in for its mot on saturday.

C612DNM
07-04-11, 10:48 PM
Broken oil rings?

clubberlang23
07-04-11, 10:52 PM
Broken oil rings?

Hoping not mate,had .5mm rebore with new piston & rings. I'm not machanicaly minded, had the bottom rebuilt by local engine centre and had the rest by a mate

clubberlang23
07-04-11, 11:24 PM
no1 shed any light?

clubberlang23
08-04-11, 08:15 AM
Morning bump

mowgli
08-04-11, 09:29 AM
the breather pipe should be connected into the factory 'frying pan' air filter

how many miles have you done in it?

does it happen on acceleration or decelleration?

is the smoke coming out the exhaust?
do you think it could be leftovers from when it ran before rebuilding & blew oil down the exhaust?

clubberlang23
08-04-11, 12:45 PM
how many miles have you done in it?

does it happen on acceleration or decelleration?

is the smoke coming out the exhaust?
do you think it could be leftovers from when it ran before rebuilding & blew oil down the exhaust?
I haven't done any miles in it yet as its not road legal yet,only had it running for around a hour. Its coming from the exhaust,nothing from cold but as it warms it starts to smoke more and more. Hopefully that will be the case but I have a feeling it won't be.

mowgli
08-04-11, 01:00 PM
drop the exhaust off at the joint underneath the sump & stick a clean rag down there & see what colour of crap comes out if any..

clubberlang23
08-04-11, 09:00 PM
drop the exhaust off at the joint underneath the sump & stick a clean rag down there & see what colour of crap comes out if any..

Will do mate,any ideas on what could be up with dip beam?

mowgli
08-04-11, 09:30 PM
switch, wires, bulbs or fuses.

clubberlang23
08-04-11, 09:31 PM
Checked all fuses and fine,new bulbs so must be switches or relay?

mowgli
08-04-11, 09:37 PM
sounds likely.

its not the stupid dim-dip thing behind the parcel shelf, is it?

clubberlang23
08-04-11, 09:39 PM
sounds likely.

its not the stupid dim-dip thing behind the parcel shelf, is it?

Couldn't tell ya mate,what is it? Have changed the rear shocks and had some welding done in that area so perhaps i've disturbed it?

mowgli
08-04-11, 09:43 PM
sorry, meant the silly little dash shelf thingy, its above the pedals.

clubberlang23
09-04-11, 07:48 PM
All the issues now sorted :) ;) lol :thumb:
Smoking was because of oil down the exhaust and engine bedding in. Gave the exhaust a good clean and ran it for an hour plus 40miles.
Dip beam was due to the indicator stalk switch faulty.
Should hopefully have it on the road monday fingers crossed!
Cheers for the help.