PDA

View Full Version : under bonnet soundproofing

mowgli
07-04-11, 05:46 PM
one of our drivers is restoring a motor boat..

he needs some self adhesive soundproofing for the engine bay, it obviously needs to be fireproof too.... can anyone point us in the direction of a decent product/ trade supplier???

is this sort of stuff available to the bodyshop trade on a roll??

Pistol Pete
07-04-11, 05:53 PM
At a guess, surely self adhesive would be no good Mowgli? The heat would make the glue go funny over time? I know some cars have small clips that push into holes to keep it in place.

As to where to get some, no idea! Sorry, not much help at all lol

mowgli
07-04-11, 07:13 PM
At a guess, surely self adhesive would be no good Mowgli? The heat would make the glue go funny over time? I know some cars have small clips that push into holes to keep it in place.

As to where to get some, no idea! Sorry, not much help at all lol

its a boat.

you don't exactly go drilling holes all over one...

djbrowney
07-04-11, 07:21 PM
my mate used to get some mental self adesive sound deading, he used to work im place that made fridges if thats any help !

solly
07-04-11, 07:53 PM
could you not use dynamat like they use for car audio http://www.dynamat.com/products_automotive_introduction.html

Benn
07-04-11, 07:58 PM
Was a selling on Ebay called "body shop supplies" or something close...

They did all the sound deading pads.. Bigger and cheaper than the Dynamat stuff.

therealnovaboy
07-04-11, 08:08 PM
I remember my old man sound proofing his landrover discovery. It might be worth searching for landrover sound proofing. it came in big sheets you just cut to fit.
Im going back a few years so cant really help any more than that.

gazz
07-04-11, 08:09 PM
try these bud.
noisekiller (http://www.marinesoundproofing.co.uk/page/marine_soundproofing_products_page_1) :thumb:

Pistol Pete
07-04-11, 08:13 PM
its a boat.

you don't exactly go drilling holes all over one...
:roll: Captain Obvious!! I wasnt suggesting you do!!