PDA

View Full Version : Harnesses

Gazza14SR
18-06-03, 09:39 PM
Hi guys,

Recently fitted some bucket seats but wanna get rid of my standard belts for harnesses. I also want to keep my back seats.

Is it still possible and legal to fit harnesses without having to take the back seats out?

My mate told me that If i get single point harnesses I can fead the strap that is ment to be bolted to the floor, under the back seats and then I can attach it to the bolt that the rear seat belt buckle clip holder is. Is this legal?

Thanks for your help.

Gaz

My Car: http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=920

Cheeze
18-06-03, 09:52 PM
thats what i have done with mine. never had any problems with it. might need a couple of spacers if you bolt it onto the existing holes to allow them to move freely. hope its some help to you

mikeoxford
18-06-03, 09:56 PM
thats what i have done with mine. never had any problems with it. might need a couple of spacers if you bolt it onto the existing holes to allow them to move freely. hope its some help to you

yep as said

youll be fine

reason i quoted the above mesage was cos mine came with spacers......? (sparco harnesses) perhaps some dont?

Cheeze
18-06-03, 09:59 PM
mine are sparco also, but i found you couldn't adjust them sometimes cause they jammed in the rear seat buckles, but i had my harness plate on top of me buckles

mikeoxford
18-06-03, 10:03 PM
mine are sparco also, but i found you couldn't adjust them sometimes cause they jammed in the rear seat buckles, but i had my harness plate on top of me buckles

didnt they have a collar / washery thing like u described? mine did

strange as ive done exactly the same and its fine :S

Cheeze
18-06-03, 10:06 PM
yeah they did. it was because my rear belt buckles have a angled up bit . so when i put the harness on to it stopped me from being able to adjust the length. hard to describe

mikeoxford
18-06-03, 10:18 PM
yeah they did. it was because my rear belt buckles have a angled up bit . so when i put the harness on to it stopped me from being able to adjust the length. hard to describe

........ nah i know what you mean now - just turn them round the other way ;)

Cheeze
18-06-03, 10:21 PM
kool kool. cars away in at the mo so was taken them out the nite thats how i remembered

Gazza14SR
18-06-03, 10:32 PM
So I need to get some single point harnesses to do this then.

Does anyone have a pic so I can see what theres looks like beofre i do mine?

Whats the difference between 1,3,4 etc harness points?

Thanks alot for your info, been very helpful

Gaz

Cheeze
18-06-03, 10:35 PM
no 3 point harnesses, the "points" mean how many places the are bolted to. mine are bolted to 1 the inner sill where the original one was, 2 the subframe of my seats. and 3 below the back seats. its very easy to do. so hence 3 points

Gazza14SR
18-06-03, 10:40 PM
Can people still get in the back? lol

I wanted to ditch the back seats but mum had a right stress at me so I wanna try and get the next best thing with the seats still in and with harnesses.

mikeoxford
18-06-03, 10:49 PM
Can people still get in the back? lol

I wanted to ditch the back seats but mum had a right stress at me so I wanna try and get the next best thing with the seats still in and with harnesses.

look at a pic of my motor

i can JUST squeeze passengers in with:

17 alloys,
roll cage!,
buckets! - loads of hassle!
harnesses!

Gazza14SR
18-06-03, 10:53 PM
I didnt even know you could fit a roll cage with the passenger seats in the back!

Time to put a wanted add for red or black 3 point harnesse!

Do you have any recent pics with the list you gave to send me plz?

Thanks

mikeoxford
18-06-03, 10:57 PM
yeah ill dig some out - check out the latest pv pics - which reminds me i should put mine on :$

oh and as for harneses if your quick there are some cheap red 3 ponbt harnesses like you want on there!!!!!!

Gazza14SR
18-06-03, 11:11 PM
where are the PV pics?

Thanks