PDA

View Full Version : Info of compatible speedo cables for a 1.2

thisgroove
05-04-11, 11:55 PM
Hi i tried to fit SR clocks into my mark 1 1.2 4 speed. Any way they would nt push back into place in the end gave up and put the standard clocks back in the speedo was working but while driving they stopped. I ve pulled the speedo cable out the back of the clocks and the white square attached to the cable has broken with a bit of the cable.

I have done a search and seen some people have used a cavalier speedo cable in the nova. I just want to know what of the following will work with my nova

Mk 1 cav speedo cable
Mk 2 cav speedo cable or
Mk 2 Carlton cable

there is a nova one for sale on ebay but it says it is for a diesel 1.5 would this work?

Any advice be of help.

Thanks

thisgroove
06-04-11, 11:15 PM
anyone?

mk1nova_rich
06-04-11, 11:48 PM
As far as I know, any cable will be fine as long as its for mechanical clocks just the length may vary...

The only other thing to watch out for - there are two types of fitting at the gearbox end...some screw into the box and some are held in by a retaining bolt through the plastic lug

thisgroove
07-04-11, 12:30 AM
cheers mate ive bought one off the bay it says its for a nova 1.5 diesel fingers crossed it will work

mowgli
08-04-11, 09:34 AM
all nova speedo cables are the same, aren't they??

GRUNT 16V
08-04-11, 01:49 PM
all nova speedo cables are the same, aren't they??

you would think so but vauxhall has different ones listed for the extra dial (sr gte gsi ones) but any will fit so in theory its total sh1te what vauxhall put on there EPC

mowgli
08-04-11, 01:56 PM
different suppliers as a guess

TeddyThom
08-04-11, 02:18 PM
you would think so but vauxhall has different ones listed for the extra dial (sr gte gsi ones) but any will fit so in theory its total sh1te what vauxhall put on there EPC

Surely you'll be able to connect the extra dial onto the coil pack like you would an after market one?? That was the set up I had in the nova before I ripped it out in temper one day lol

mowgli
08-04-11, 02:20 PM
mine was a 1.0, it is now a 1.6 & got 6 dials. it is fine.

GRUNT 16V
08-04-11, 03:06 PM
mine was a 1.0, it is now a 1.6 & got 6 dials. it is fine.

they are very interchangable !!!! ie they all work any nova dash but vauxhall do list different ones !! trust me !!