05-04-11, 06:56 PM
new series on Discovery tonight 9.00

anyone watching ?!

AdamK
05-04-11, 06:57 PM
used to watch it find the matey annoying now tho

therealnovaboy
05-04-11, 07:35 PM
Have you seen the one with the nova in it?

Mike is a knob. Youve got to admire Ed for his skills with a rattle can tho.

peester
05-04-11, 08:37 PM
ive been a fan, must admit - just for a laugh like..

mowgli
05-04-11, 08:39 PM
i can't abide it...they never cost in the labour for the jobs... and its so obvious they cherry pick their motors, as they never seem to buy a complete sh1tter....

and mike is a tit

TeddyThom
05-04-11, 08:53 PM
I hate that fcuking program, useless **** can't buy and sell for toffee. Agreed wholeheartedly with Mowgli...

John
05-04-11, 09:26 PM
i can't abide it...they never cost in the labour for the jobs... and its so obvious they cherry pick their motors, as they never seem to buy a complete sh1tter....

and mike is a tit

yeah they did, the vw beetle? iirc is was so rotten they had to turn it into a beach buggy and lost **** loads lol

honie5
05-04-11, 10:19 PM
Haha eds a legend he does get shafted abit he does all the grafting whilel mike does bugger all then ed dont even get to drive the car if I was him I'd be having words! If watch it if it was just ed!

steviegsi
05-04-11, 10:36 PM
2 bellends the pair of them! At the credits at the end there is a mechanic whom I presume is the one who does most of the work. ( that said I've seen ed in another show and he appears to do his share of fiddling)

As for Ed's rattle-canning.... remember the Capri he made a balls of the wing on? lol.

Still not a bad programme though, nasty paint and dubious "buyers" aside!

Dave.
05-04-11, 11:32 PM
Have you seen the one with the nova in it?

Mike is a knob. Youve got to admire Ed for his skills with a rattle can tho.

Dont think they ever did one did they?

therealnovaboy
05-04-11, 11:55 PM
Dont think they ever did one did they?

no they didnt let mike and ed get there mincer hands on it, it was on where mike was trying to show you how to avoid buying a "lemon". There was a nova outside of a house a guy was selling and it turned out that it wasnt the owner or the owners house and the v5 didnt tally with the car.

Think it was one of the older episodes when it was at a car showroom and they adviced muggs, who knew nothing about cars, on what car would be the best for them. then mike would pawn off a "lemon" to them.

steviegsi
06-04-11, 12:04 AM
That sounds like deals on wheels to me mate. They'd an Sr in the showroom and had a Scottish fella selling his 1.2 that he used while his White tiger striped gte with aftermarket 3 spokes was kept good. Watched that episode lots of times!

NOV4_SPORT
06-04-11, 10:21 AM
That sounds like deals on wheels to me mate. They'd an Sr in the showroom and had a Scottish fella selling his 1.2 that he used while his White tiger striped gte with aftermarket 3 spokes was kept good. Watched that episode lots of times!

I remember that one matey :thumb: , looked on utube but cant find it .

iain

L14MNP
06-04-11, 10:26 AM
Ha! He was a right tvvat! I remember him caning the GTE and the Magic Tree was on full tilt as he leaned forward in his seat. lol

Anyone remember the Renault 19 'Williams' on Deals on Wheels? :roll: lol

As for Wheeler Dealers, I just watch it for a laugh. Like has been said, it isn't like that in the real world!

You are all forgetting the most important thing though. WTF happened to Edd 2?
Did he age by three decades and become Paul? lol

ben doodar
06-04-11, 02:07 PM
I always wonder why edd never went with mike to view the cars in the first place. Instead of mike turning up with sh1t box, after sh!t box!

Anyone seen the one where they buy an old transporter turn it into a camper van, use fake grass as the carpet and wrap it in a full blue vynal. Lmao they only lost about 3K on that one.

Pete
06-04-11, 03:48 PM
I watch it from time to time, and must admit the only one I've actually liked is the mini they wrapped in carbon fibre with the leather seats etc and auctioned it at the mini meet.

mowgli
06-04-11, 04:00 PM
what about wrecks to riches with dominic baldgit....??

he buys a shagger than they spend a fortune on repairing it. then its worth nothing as its a shagger.

and the customer usually doesn't like it anyway.....

but wrecks to riches usa... barry's speed shop buy an old muscle car... they then spend about $50k turning it into something spectacular... then sell it for a decent profit at auction....

now this seems to be the problem... in the states, people will pay someone good money to do an old car up for them to use... but over here they don't.

Stuart
06-04-11, 04:05 PM
Because our old cars are utter dog turd whereas old yank cars are ace...New ones tend to be rubbish though.

Lee
06-04-11, 04:23 PM
Because our old cars are utter dog turd whereas old yank cars are ace...New ones tend to be rubbish though.

Old yank cars look ace, however underneath they are normally a soap box cart with an engine.

Wheeler dealers used to pee me off. Especially the time Ed drove the 205GTi up the road with blue smoke pouring out the back of it, and then announced it was the gear linkage that was causing it!! Engine rebuild behind the scenes methinks!

Stuart
06-04-11, 04:25 PM
Old yank cars look ace, however underneath they are normally a soap box cart with an engine.

But they are still better than anything BL churned out lol

Angus Closier
06-04-11, 04:32 PM
I watch it from time to time, and must admit the only one I've actually liked is the mini they wrapped in carbon fibre with the leather seats etc and auctioned it at the mini meet.

I know the guy who went on to do the wrapping for them.....even he said they where toolslol

Nova00
06-04-11, 08:22 PM
......... not a mention of the E type ?!

L14MNP
06-04-11, 08:37 PM
......... not a mention of the E type ?!

Series 3 FTL. Was that the original colour too? Didn't suit it at all IMO.

mowgli
06-04-11, 08:42 PM
late e types are terrible. early ones are beautiful.... just like novas....

L14MNP
06-04-11, 08:46 PM
.... just like novas....

lol lol lol

Getting back to Wrecks to riches, The UK one is hilarious. Pete has clearly been tranqualised! I hate Dom Littlewood too! Here's a repaired Cat C that's had a quarter and been on the jig. Yours for only £500 less than a straight one. Bet you can't wait to strap the kids in!

I mean it's fine, but seriously not worth the risk for £500 lol.

The USA version isn't all that IMO, but a lot more interesting.

LiquidPug
06-04-11, 08:52 PM
205 episode where they fixed the gear linkage to stop the engine smoking and the gray Ph.1 parcel shelf they sprayed black to look like a Ph.2....pair of fudgers :tard:

But still watch it :d

L14MNP
06-04-11, 08:57 PM
.......but what happened to Edd 2? lol

He was only on the Merc ep where he helped Edd 1 with the steering box. lol

Lee
06-04-11, 10:48 PM
But they are still better than anything BL churned out lol

I bet an Allegro goes round a corner better than a Charger lol And I bet less will fall off th Allegro at the same time!

L14MNP
06-04-11, 10:58 PM
I bet an Allegro goes round a corner better than a Charger lol And I bet less will fall off th Allegro at the same time!

I (almost) like Allegro estates. :( lol

AlexW
06-04-11, 11:47 PM
The car buying is faked, as is the selling, People behind the scenes buy them and apparently have no idea of cars, hence some of the ****ters. Apparently that beetle was actually edd's too.

That 205 was rotten too, Anyone remember the rust starting to show when he changed all the bumpers and that? A quick google finds the 205 forum and countless threads about it, Broken for spares not long after, apparently had another linkage after edd done it too.

That sierra they done, I know, Lets remove the nice wheels and steering wheel and replace them with gay standard items, What a way to de-value a car.

I could go on forever.

L14MNP
06-04-11, 11:49 PM
^ Common knowledge. lol On the WD revisited I was gutted that sexy American brunette no longer 'owned' the Alfa Spider!

Where some eps are uploaded on Youtube it's amazing how many of them no longer check out on the DVLA. Scrapped sh!tters. lol

but where is Edd 2??!! lol

mowgli
07-04-11, 08:24 AM
That sierra they done, I know, Lets remove the nice wheels and steering wheel and replace them with gay standard items, What a way to de-value a car.

you will probably never realise just how wrong you are.....

example 1. skylines.... ever noticed how people always have std skylines on std wheels for sale, and there is a heap of crazy tuning bits available???? cos if they tried to sell an 800hp monster.... nobody would pay for it..... but a nice 'std' one that has never been raced or tuned, oh yes please.....

example 2. small eighties rotboxes......std original is always worth more than driven thru halfords versions.

Jack
07-04-11, 08:38 AM
Thats very true - hence why I've kept all the original parts for my Celica. Standard cars are easier to sell than modified ones, people tend to want the unmolested one (and most people think mods = the car has been driven hard) which they can work on themselves.

Plus there's a massive aftermarket over there for keeping old tanks going. And as most of them are owned by rednecks in Nevada where it rarely rains so nothing rusts lol

There was a '33 something-or-other on American Tax Evasion errrr I mean Hotrod last night, the car had a couple minor cosmetic dits of rust but in the most part the body metal was almost factory fresh!

mowgli
07-04-11, 08:42 AM
Thats very true - hence why I've kept all the original parts for my Celica. Standard cars are easier to sell than modified ones, people tend to want the unmolested one (and most people think mods = the car has been driven hard) which they can work on themselves.

and then buy all these amazing tuning parts off the internet

88ESR
12-04-11, 05:33 PM

Hang on!

Seems like ages since I was on here, and you were knocking Allegros then, too :(

mowgli
12-04-11, 05:37 PM
Hang on!

Seems like ages since I was on here, and you were knocking Allegros then, too :(

HE WASN'T KNOCKING ALLEGROS.......he was knocking chargers etc, as my missus will agree with. she learnt to drive in a charger in the midwest in about 1983 & stuck it upside down in a cattle underpass when it failed to go round a corner.

88ESR
12-04-11, 06:13 PM
HE WASN'T KNOCKING ALLEGROS.......he was knocking chargers etc, as my missus will agree with. she learnt to drive in a charger in the midwest in about 1983 & stuck it upside down in a cattle underpass when it failed to go round a corner.

Hmm, still sounds like a bit of a 'knock' :)

I'm back from the dark wilderness now anyway, so I'll be sticking around to defend their honour, etc....