PDA

View Full Version : car comparison

Curtoise
05-04-11, 12:57 PM
I know you guys get this a lot, but out of these three hard what would be better overall in speed and handling ect and how would they weigh up against each other

Corsa sport 1.6
Nova gsi
Saxon vtr

Cheers

AdamK
05-04-11, 01:00 PM
the saxos are **** my mates rolled two of them they dont handle well and have small pedals and how could you ever debate wether to get a corsa over a nova:p

mowgli
05-04-11, 01:03 PM
here we go again.....

top trumps is for school kids....

in std form it would be saxo

with decent handling kit/tyres it would be a lot closer

Connor
05-04-11, 01:06 PM
AdamK Your mate needs to learn to drive then, awesome handling cars imo.
Personally i would have the nova but not everyone loves the old rotboxes, and if i was to buy as a daily it would be probably the saxo, but then again i would not probably pick either one of them any other options available? lol

16v-xe
05-04-11, 01:25 PM
I don't like saxos but i drove a vtr and it killed everycar i've driven on handling, except for a civic. You could throttle it round a bend and trust it to stick.I cant say about the nova, 1.6 corsa sports don't hang about but i fount that have a lot of body roll. I'd still go for the nova regardless but it depends what creature comforts he needs, you'll get more for your money with a saxo. and yeah,is there any other options ?

mrT
05-04-11, 02:38 PM
none of the above handle that good tbh, corsa and nova's hate corners and the saxo handles well but once its had enough they've a habit of putting you through a wall backwards with little or no warning a bit like a 205gti:cry: add clio to the list:thumb: they are very good at handling from the factory and you can make it as fast as you want, making a car fast is easy, getting a car that handles in the wet and dry aint, i'd even go as far to say its probably one of the best handling cars ive driven, a 172 cup and a set of bodies=around 195bhp of WIN:p

Curtoise
05-04-11, 05:33 PM
yeh i just hate the look of clios, what other cars are there on the 1.6 engine mark, i have heard the 106 gti's fly?
i have a corsa gsi atm and am not that impressed tbh

Andy
05-04-11, 05:34 PM
106 gti or saxo vts are excellent cars

Bubba
05-04-11, 05:34 PM
the saxos are **** and have small pedals
same as 106's...i stalled my mates gti about 8 times trying to move it because i couldnt drive it in shoes...

super 1600s ;) lol

TeddyThom
05-04-11, 05:38 PM
none of the above handle that good tbh, corsa and nova's hate corners and the saxo handles well but once its had enough they've a habit of putting you through a wall backwards with little or no warning a bit like a 205gti:cry:

No idea where you are going wrong then, my nova does nothign but stick through the corners, and it's on standard suspension with a set of 195/60/14's... And believe me I've tried to get the bloody thing to slide and it just won't... :(

Curtoise
05-04-11, 05:39 PM
No idea where you are going wrong then, my nova does nothign but stick through the corners, and it's on standard suspension with a set of 195/60/14's... And believe me I've tried to get the bloody thing to slide and it just won't... :(

yeh my 1.3 sr on 60mm shocks and springs was immense in the dry.

TeddyThom
05-04-11, 05:41 PM
yeh my 1.3 sr on 60mm shocks and springs was immense in the dry.

I'm talking all weathers, I was out in her the other week when we had some rain and decided to boot it to see what happened, not a fecking lot, was well disappointed, then remembered I was driving a nova lol

Curtoise
05-04-11, 05:42 PM
oh really whats the specs on yours?

TeddyThom
05-04-11, 05:43 PM
Standard 1200 8v, the only "special" thing about it is that fact it's stripped out in the rear, like all the linings etc no rear seats but I do have 2 JBL 1000watt subs in a fecking huge MDF box. You'd think that they would help to get it shifted, but oh no lol

Jack
05-04-11, 06:21 PM
Really? The steering wheel was useless in my old red saloon when it was wet lol

Curtoise
05-04-11, 06:23 PM
HAHA
yeh i have heard the 1.2s are the best at handling, along with there Ferrari beating performance

dannyb
05-04-11, 08:03 PM
What will you be using the car for Curtoise? Daily or a toy; and do you want to throw money at it?!
My money would be on a Saxo/106 type thing (if you are able to get used to the positioning of the pedals) I reckon just drive one and see - me and my size 12 feet didn't get on too bad on the one occasion I drove a Saxo but then again, I wasn't trying for any land speed records in it!

TeddyThom
05-04-11, 08:27 PM

Well there is a difference between a hatch and a saloon, mainly the added extra boot lol

HAHA
yeh i have heard the 1.2s are the best at handling, along with there Ferrari beating performance

I don't know why it does what it does, I've tried a few things to see what it'll take handling wise, and it just shrugs it all off.

Curtoise
05-04-11, 08:33 PM
im looking for a compromise of both daily and fun, but willing to sacrifice the daily for more fun option and yeh i wouldn't mind throwing some money at it.

mowgli
05-04-11, 08:37 PM
I don't know why it does what it does, I've tried a few things to see what it'll take handling wise, and it just shrugs it all off.

hows about bringing it to the nats & letting us lot road test it properly.....?

Andy
05-04-11, 08:40 PM
There is some billy BS in this thread

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPS3vCd_LcSpOzGZR0JOT6CN6698ElF 2eWIhLY3qcfkg60C8AT

TeddyThom
05-04-11, 09:02 PM
hows about bringing it to the nats & letting us lot road test it properly.....?

And what would happen if someone managed to stuff the nova into a hedge or something?? I'd be pretty fooked. I'll pass thanks.

Southie
05-04-11, 09:45 PM
AX gt ftw lol

Jack
05-04-11, 10:17 PM
My dad > your dad.

Pistol Pete
05-04-11, 10:20 PM
This is the bestest handle...

http://www.dortrend.co.uk/images/anti_ligature_window_handle_lightbox.jpg

Nova_Sean
05-04-11, 11:00 PM