PDA

View Full Version : SR bootlid vinyl

Mk1'SR'Dan
04-04-11, 11:20 PM
does anyone know if the SR bootlid vinyl is still available form anywhere? i remember seeing them advertised on here ages ago and im hoping i can still get one... muchos appreciation for anyone who knows!! :) cheers folks!

Jim Mcrae
05-04-11, 06:52 AM
They were available from here, you might have to wait until the shop is up and running again.

Royston
05-04-11, 07:07 AM
Guy sells replica's of fleabay

Edd
05-04-11, 08:59 AM
The ones on eBay for a tenner are very good

Mk1'SR'Dan
05-04-11, 09:07 AM
cheers lads, i checked out gay-bay and the vinyl is 20 quid plus postage... p i s s take... might DIY it up... i ripped the flush boot of yesterday and half the vinyl cmae off with it, gutted... the important bits are there, i took a rubbing of the lettering... i think it'd be pretty easy to do... hopefully...!!

Mk1'SR'Dan
05-04-11, 09:09 AM
i have to have one... even if i have to wait a while for the PNG shop to re-open... i dont trust e-gay at the best of times, particularly when theres no returns and NOT 100% positive feedback...

Mk1'SR'Dan
05-04-11, 09:09 AM
The ones on eBay for a tenner are very good

i found them, but you cant contact the seller... the mobile number doesnt work... and the SR bootlid vinyl on its own is £20 plus postage...

Royston
05-04-11, 09:34 AM
cheers lads, i checked out gay-bay and the vinyl is 20 quid plus postage... p i s s take... might DIY it up... i ripped the flush boot of yesterday and half the vinyl cmae off with it, gutted... the important bits are there, i took a rubbing of the lettering... i think it'd be pretty easy to do... hopefully...!!

I paid @£40 for a genuine one;)

nova_saloon
05-04-11, 11:35 AM
yeh i got genuine as well instead of replica, tempted to buy a replica just because i want to keep the rare precious vinyl!

Jack
05-04-11, 11:38 AM
PM Kev on here (kevw) - he supplied shop orders of vinyl and stickers so might be able to assist.

GRUNT 16V
05-04-11, 01:39 PM

WTF its good dam price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £20 lol thats pennys

Mk1'SR'Dan
05-04-11, 06:56 PM
cheers folks! :)

Mk1'SR'Dan
05-04-11, 06:57 PM
WTF its good dam price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £20 lol thats pennys

i could buy enough vinyl for about 2 quid, it'd be pretty simple to do... im also thinking about spraying it on now... complex masking but possible...

Edd
05-04-11, 07:17 PM
lol

Vinyl with the correct texture and colour ? I doubt it

As for masking it up lol it won't look good and will be a waste of time

I would seriously think about paying £20 for one as it will save you a lot of time and effort and it's hardly a bank breaking amount

Mk1'SR'Dan
05-04-11, 07:42 PM
i probably will in the end, and look back upon this and think 'what a t w a t i was...!!' yeah, im going to buy one...!

Nick J
05-04-11, 08:35 PM
Which one are you after fella? (1.3 or 1.4) I have a Genuine 1.4 sr item I would sell for what I paid for it. pm me if interested.

Nick.

Mk1'SR'Dan
05-04-11, 08:36 PM
Which one are you after fella? (1.3 or 1.4) I have a Genuine 1.4 sr item I would sell for what I paid for it. pm me if interested.

Nick.

Im after a 1.3 one mate... oh well... at least i now know that i can actually get one still...!

Nick J
05-04-11, 08:38 PM
Im after a 1.3 one mate... oh well... at least i now know that i can actually get one still...!

I have one of them too! But thats not for sale as I may need it one day. Keep your eye out on ebay and on here as they do come up now and again.

Nick.

GRUNT 16V
06-04-11, 01:04 PM
i could buy enough vinyl for about 2 quid, it'd be pretty simple to do... im also thinking about spraying it on now... complex masking but possible...
thats one stupid answer !!!!!! it will take you hours to to and it will look like sly stallones mum after !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop messing and buy one dam you !!!lol

Mk1'SR'Dan
08-04-11, 11:19 AM
thats one stupid answer !!!!!! it will take you hours to to and it will look like sly stallones mum after !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop messing and buy one dam you !!!lol

Im going to now mate, the only thing im thinking is... my spoiler, tailgate grab handle and rear bumper are going to be high gloss dark grey, im wondering if the vinyl would look better if it was gloss grey as opposed to matt grey...!?! hmmmm...

AdamK
08-04-11, 01:12 PM
i personally wouldnt do it in gloss wouldnt look rite

GRUNT 16V
08-04-11, 01:42 PM
What he said ^^^^^^

Mk1'SR'Dan
08-04-11, 02:22 PM
im not disagreeing at all, ive got the same doubts myself... think im going to have to get one off gaybay...

AdamK
08-04-11, 02:24 PM
tbh if your like me you wont be happy with it unless its perfect and the only way your going to get that is if you can get hold of a genuine one or as close as you can if not then you will just want to do it again meaning you have to spend more money than if you just bought a proper one in the first place