PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment

andy_017
03-04-11, 01:54 PM
Just a quick one if anyone can help?

My 20xe has been hunting up and down when warm for ages now and I have been trying to sort this out since owning my nova and have tried pretty much everything to try and cure it.

This morning I removed my throttle body and found it all gunked up with oil deposits, especially in the samller butterly flap of the two, this cant be helping so cleaned that out and then fitted a new throttle position sensor off a spare throttle body that Lee H donated to me, cheers pal :cool: I noticed the holes on the throttle body were slotted (maybe for adjustment?) but didnt think anything of it.

Anyway fitted the new TPS rebuilt and started the car up and the idle was steady but now idling at 1500rpm, result that its steady but not so great idle speed, so removed all the SFI box again and turned the TPS until i could just feel resistance in the sensor against the arm coming out of the throttle body. Started the car and now it idles at around 1000rpm which is still a little high but i reckon i can live with it and it will be ok, (im sure xe's idle at 900 rpm anyway) my question is that is the idle speed directly adjustable by turning the TPS? or by turning it do you just alter the input of the throttle to the ecu?

Any help would be much appreciated :thumb: