PDA

View Full Version : Gear linkage touching big block gear box, tie rod touching GB

Balley
02-04-11, 12:59 PM
Right guys I hve big blocked my derv nova. I have fitted the 3 bolt mount kit to the nova mount and the bloody linkage still touches the GB in reverse (meaning it trys to fall out of gear) no matter what I do . Can I just grind the linkage away around the small area that is fowling ? What do people normally do?

And also the tie rod is touching even though I have removed the lug? is this a problem?

Other than these issues it seams to go ok and the linkage doesn't affect 1st 3rd or 5th!

Dan

Benn
02-04-11, 01:21 PM
Pic of where the linkage hits would help dude..

Mine tie bar would hit the gear box when nailing hard, Might be saggy mounts.

Balley
02-04-11, 01:24 PM
There new mounts though benn

I am just uplaoding a photo now... it touches the starter.

Balley
02-04-11, 01:29 PM
Pic of where the linkage hits would help dude..

Mine tie bar would hit the gear box when nailing hard, Might be saggy mounts.

Is it a loud noise or just a knock?

Lewis.
02-04-11, 01:53 PM
Lower the tie bars dan, the blocks are pretty cheap, though I dare say you could knock some up yourself at work anyway

Lee
02-04-11, 02:24 PM
Lower the tie bars dan, the blocks are pretty cheap, though I dare say you could knock some up yourself at work anyway

Tie bars don't get lowered by blocks, the arb does. The kit for dropping the tie bars is an anti dive kit.

Lewis.
02-04-11, 02:30 PM
ah right , my mistake :thumb:

Benn
02-04-11, 03:21 PM
Is it a loud noise or just a knock?

Cant hear it, just see the marks.

Balley
02-04-11, 04:06 PM
Update there is a 1mm gap.. just looked to touch.. and when you push the suspension I dont touch either :)

the linkage is just going to be ground down!

Nobby
03-04-11, 10:38 PM
ye you have to do it on a v6 mate just grind away!

mowgli
04-04-11, 08:30 AM
i take it you have turned the joint thingy round etc.