PDA

View Full Version : c20xe r1 carbs bogging down

24sevenslacker
01-04-11, 11:41 PM
started my nova up today as its been in the garage a while, let it warm up for ten mins and pulled it out of the garage. gave it a quick rev and it kept cutting out, it seems that when pulling away of giving it a quick rev its just bogs down as though there is no fuel. after about 1500 rpm it is fine, just wondered whether this could mean the carbs need cleaning or it need a good drive?

Saloony
01-04-11, 11:49 PM
More than like just clean the bowls and the needles. Do get a nice jelly residue around them.

24sevenslacker
23-05-11, 07:15 PM
had a mate tell me the other day that his xe in his corsa was doing the same thing, he said its because his fuel pump wasnt powerful enough, could this be the problem?

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:55 PM
Youd do well to take 'saloonys' advice Tommy, he knows his shizzle and has a bikecarbed xe himself, would be worth while stripping and cleaning them before you look to a new pump:d

24sevenslacker
23-05-11, 10:11 PM
Youd do well to take 'saloonys' advice Tommy, he knows his shizzle and has a bikecarbed xe himself, would be worth while stripping and cleaning them before you look to a new pump:d
already had them stripped down and cleaned by a friend, and it is still happening (forgot to mention that)....

on another note i managed to get my rollcage back in my nova in 5 mins flat the other day, no injuries to hands or anything, just thought id brag pud... lol

blue_peg_16v
23-05-11, 10:14 PM
tbf on carbs your only running low pressure compaired to injection so its unlikely imo

jonn
23-05-11, 10:16 PM
what fuel pump are you using?

NOVA saloon
26-05-11, 06:41 PM
Take it out for a good hard thrashing.