PDA

View Full Version : Is It just me?

TANKNOVA
31-03-11, 05:50 PM
It might just be me being a idot as my mates know I worry about every thing but ever since I have had the v6 nova the car seems to judder if you hold it say in 3rd at 40mph as if it's rocking back and forth as I drive ?? It hose though the rev range fine and drives fine it's just when your trying to hold it at one point ?

Jack
31-03-11, 07:15 PM
Funnily enough, mine judders a bit at low revs in gear. Never been too worried about it though, just give it a few beans lol

Does yours have an F20 or F28 - what revs is 40mph in 3rd? Not that low is it?

TANKNOVA
31-03-11, 07:21 PM
It's a f20 but digi dash so know idea on the revs I'm normLly giving it beans so it's fine just seems to rock if you hold it at one point driving noRmall

nova_saloon
31-03-11, 07:26 PM
first of all nice one for having a v6 nvoa :D. i reckon if there is everything mechanically sound? is that the car gets launched a bit forward the flywheel catches up then goes in to and overrun and back and forth because of the weight of the car the flywheel was designed for something heavier!. and its just bouncing back and forward, cause as it spins faster to catch up it will lurch the car and the car will jump a little forward and then it will slow down slightly but when it does this quickly it may judder! possible theory

kevster
31-03-11, 07:47 PM
i can have a little look if you want tank

TANKNOVA
31-03-11, 08:06 PM
nova saloon thanks mate :D and that sounds like what its doing mecanickly its spot on any thing brakes it gets fixed asap but yer it feals like it lerching back and falwood when your trying to sit at a constant low speed ie 30 40 but at 70 in 5th you dont really notice it

and kev ill be about at the weekend ill give you a shout

Lee
31-03-11, 08:20 PM
first of all nice one for having a v6 nvoa :D. i reckon if there is everything mechanically sound? is that the car gets launched a bit forward the flywheel catches up then goes in to and overrun and back and forth because of the weight of the car the flywheel was designed for something heavier!. and its just bouncing back and forward, cause as it spins faster to catch up it will lurch the car and the car will jump a little forward and then it will slow down slightly but when it does this quickly it may judder! possible theory

It'll be running an XE fly, you can't fit a V6 fly in an F20 http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.pngclub.com/forum/images/smilies/wink6.gif

SOunds like a sloppy box to me, or wear on the inner CV's

TANKNOVA
31-03-11, 08:25 PM
not to bad then me being a worryer by nature was thinking maybe the engine going to explode or something ill stick with the box or cvs

Lewis.
31-03-11, 08:27 PM

but its not a dual mass fly, so it cant bounce back and forth can it. The dampers in the pressure plate only have about 10 degrees of travel so they cant do it either.
I reckon it could just be the engine labouring and moving on its mounts

TANKNOVA
31-03-11, 08:31 PM
so its nothing to major ?

Nobby
31-03-11, 09:12 PM
It'll be running an XE fly, you can't fit a V6 fly in an F20 http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.pngclub.com/forum/images/smilies/wink6.gif

SOunds like a sloppy box to me, or wear on the inner CV's

:thumb:

TANKNOVA
31-03-11, 09:13 PM
nobby was it the same when you had it ? also couldnt get a number off the belt so all i can say is it is exackley 1metter long round the outer edge

Southie
31-03-11, 09:27 PM
The cheapest option would be to clean all the air ways i.e throttlebody, air feeds, and pipes IMO. Do the v6 engines run airflow meters?
What colour are your plugs btw??

TANKNOVA
31-03-11, 09:34 PM
cant say ive had the plugs out ill whip one out sunday and take a look it dose run a airflow sensor and with the filter off it is a little bit dirty in there

Damo
01-04-11, 09:27 AM
If the AFM elements are dirty if you can get to them id clean them very gently with a cotton bud but be careful.

Jack
01-04-11, 09:45 AM
Easiest way to check if its the air flow sensor is to unplug it whilst the engine is running. Although I'd have thought that would be bad running at higher revs, similar to the problems I had a while back.

TANKNOVA
01-04-11, 10:29 PM
after a long spirited drive tonight it seems as if its me and its doing it when im only lightley touching the throttle causing it to be on and off the throttle

Mike
01-04-11, 11:03 PM
My work van does exactly same, its only a shonky 1.7, dont worry about it.