PDA

View Full Version : my little hobby

yellow_seh
29-03-11, 09:34 PM
anyone else here in to urbexing when their not poking novas?
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=54392
one of my reports :)

AdamK
29-03-11, 09:36 PM
urbexing?

mk1nova_rich
29-03-11, 09:37 PM
looks really interesting, like the Chernobyl pages that were linked other week

AndyGTE95
yip :thumb:
go on urbanx all the time
love looking at all the things from the war and old victorian houses :d

Pistol Pete
urbexing?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Urbexing

AdamK
29-03-11, 09:38 PM
oh how interesting..

Pistol Pete
29-03-11, 09:47 PM
anyone else here in to urbexing when their not poking novas?
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=54392
one of my reports :)

I've checked out 28 days later before. Very interesting stuff on there. Some of the Rover stuff is really interesting (being in the car manufacture industry)

yellow_seh
29-03-11, 09:51 PM
yip :thumb:
go on urbanx all the time
love looking at all the things from the war and old victorian houses :d

do you ever go out exploring?

Cle
29-03-11, 09:54 PM
fuk doing things like that, id be s**ting myself going through some where like that, seen a few place folk have went to, Farrrr to creepy for me

John
29-03-11, 09:56 PM
cool!

yellow_seh
29-03-11, 10:03 PM
fuk doing things like that, id be s**ting myself going through some where like that, seen a few place folk have went to, Farrrr to creepy for me

haha thats part of the fun that and trying not to get caught. lol some of the paces we been have been propper nasty rotten floors and such like.

AdamK
29-03-11, 10:06 PM
its all fine untill you stumble across some hungry smackheads lol

yellow_seh
29-03-11, 10:10 PM
its all fine untill you stumble across some hungry smackheads lol

im yet to meet a cannibalistic smackhead :P i guess theres a first time for everything.

AdamK
29-03-11, 10:11 PM
im yet to meet a cannibalistic smackhead :P i guess theres a first time for everything.

you dont know what goes thru the mind of a crackhead lol

Cle
29-03-11, 10:12 PM
had a wee look and you see the hospitals and mental asyluims (sp) they must be creepy ie ghosts and weird noises

Lewis.
29-03-11, 10:23 PM
i love things like this, just spent an hour on that site, I could spend hours looking round some of those places

AdamK
29-03-11, 10:24 PM
i think all the rust fumes are getting to your heads lol

yellow_seh
29-03-11, 10:32 PM
i love things like this, just spent an hour on that site, I could spend hours looking round some of those places

get out there and explore mate theres looking at the pics is nothing like being at the places in those pics.

brainsnova
29-03-11, 10:57 PM
I like stuff like that the creepier the better.

pie
29-03-11, 11:00 PM
woo just spent a while looking at that site :p

wouldn't mind doing something like that

Bubba
29-03-11, 11:13 PM
i spent 4 hours lookin at that site...i want to try it :d

and urban dictionary say

Other names for urbexing are: draining, building/roof/drain hacking, buildering, vadding or shafting.

YAY lets all go shafting lol

Connor
29-03-11, 11:19 PM
Yea been quite a few times, quite a few places to go around derby,
my mate who does photography at uni did his 2nd year project on urbanx

AndyGTE95
29-03-11, 11:48 PM
do you ever go out exploring?
funnly enough only once :thumb:

when i was on holiday in jersey,me and my dad heard about a old pontins on urbanx at he top of the island. so we drove up jumped a few fences and had a look about. you had to be carful tho as every windo in the place was smashed so there was glass every were.it was very erie as it was a windy day and because there was no windows the wind blew right through all the buildings an slammed all the doors shut now and agian lol

ave got a few pics ill dig out later :thumb:

Danny s-p
30-03-11, 12:07 AM
look all the cars in this one most with keys to

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=56521

Rysee
30-03-11, 12:24 AM
My girlfriend is into this. She got some really cool photos from a really cool asylum

Jack
30-03-11, 08:17 AM
they must be creepy ie ghosts
No such thing :p

I'd love to do it. There was an old maternity unit round here, Balidon House, that was abandoned years ago and left to ruin. That was pretty cool even though the local wasters used to go in and set fire to it every now and again. Eventually they burned the whole thing down and completely gutted it; its been flattened and the land is being used to cram 12 flats on.

IIRC there's also an old nuclear/war shelter hidden away in a wooded area ion the edge of town here too.

Tanya.
30-03-11, 10:56 AM
I've always loved this site. The old Asylum pics always make me want to get out there exploring.

I've been tempted a few times to do some of the places around here but i'm far to chicken to go alone lol

Hoochie
30-03-11, 11:04 AM
Yes there is :), Dovenby Hall, the home of M-sport where Sturge works used to be a mental hospital and there is ghosts roaming around the place,.....he's had a few visits especially on nightshifts.
As far as i know the shell shop is a new building, but within the grounds there is a lot of the old wards, stores and i think the original morgue etc.....so the ghosts pass through the shell shop which would have been one of the corridors of the mail part.

They are harmless....one has been to watch him work, stood over him watching over his shoulder...:eek:

Edd
30-03-11, 11:35 AM
Not wanting to start a argument but,

Seriously there's no such thing as ghosts, it's all bollox

Anyone who thinks they've seen a ghosts either has taken acid, is paranoid, or has a over active imagination or all 3

Sure things at night, strange places etc seem creepy but deffo no ghosts

Jack
30-03-11, 12:36 PM
Sorry, should have defined "ghosts" - IMO interative spirits or whatever, nay. Etched recording style visual or audible anomalies, sure.

I've love to go ghost hunting, I'd probably shoite myself if I did see one, but I'd still do it lol

Hoochie
30-03-11, 12:47 PM
I'd love to do it too Jack, just not sure i've got the balls to. Edinburgh south bridge has underground vaults and is meant to be a good place to go on ghost hunting tours.

I don't understand folk who point blank refuse to believe that ghosts exist without experiencing it for themselves.......:confused:

L14MNP
30-03-11, 12:48 PM
I don't mind a bit of urbex. The best/scariest place I have been is here (http://www.contaminationzone.com/Gallery52.php)

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/55/l_baa262d669ee4f32d91b921bbe4ae2ac.jpg

mowgli
30-03-11, 12:53 PM
I've always loved this site. The old Asylum pics always make me want to get out there exploring.

I've been tempted a few times to do some of the places around here but i'm far to chicken to go alone lol

you'll need one of these then..
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkHN9BUdWNMqfwcY7EgBBP9JUeQKSrQ AMmY9VvqNEA03utBRQN_w

Stuart
30-03-11, 12:54 PM
Etched recording style visual or audible anomalies, sure.

Any actual credible scientific/engineering proof of such?

Edd
30-03-11, 01:04 PM
Any actual credible scientific/engineering proof of such?
Exactly

If there is any proof of ghosts I would happily experience it

As there is none whatsoever and never will be I won't be able to

If you think logically about it there never can/could never be any ghosts, you die the end

It like religion people believe it cause they want to but at the end of the day it's all bollox lol

draper
30-03-11, 01:10 PM
look all the cars in this one most with keys to

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=56521

that is an epic place without all the cars kicking about imo

and ghosts ?? no such thing at all imo

Jack
30-03-11, 01:15 PM
I don't understand folk who point blank refuse to believe that ghosts exist without experiencing it for themselves.......:confused:
Purely because its not logical, the laws of physics simply don't make it possible (in terms of interactive spirits anyway)

Stu, I'm sure I remember reading an article by some scientists who proved the magnetic memory theories (which I go with) were sort of possible, and that a stone wall could hold a vague magnetic anomaly. But it was very very weak.

Hoochie
30-03-11, 01:36 PM
Exactly

If there is any proof of ghosts I would happily experience it

As there is none whatsoever and never will be I won't be able to How do you know?

It like religion people believe it cause they want to but at the end of the day it's all bollox lol
It's only bollox if it's beyond your understanding...:)

Stuart
30-03-11, 01:42 PM
How do you know?

It's only bollox if it's beyond your understanding...:)

Again, any science or engineering proof Ghosts exist?

IF (Theory = Unproveable with sci/eng)

Theory = "Non-Existent"

Else

Theory = "Real"

End

:)

L14MNP
30-03-11, 01:42 PM
It's only plausible if it's beyond your understanding...:)

:roll: :thumb:

mowgli
30-03-11, 01:49 PM
i like to think i can see scientific logic as being pretty much correct, yet i saw one & actually drove through it. i know it shouldn't exist, but i saw something that appeared very real to me.

Hoochie
30-03-11, 01:55 PM
Well along with politics and religion i guess ghosts can be added to the list of topics not to discuss without arguments, we'll have to agree to disagree, there is plenty of people have had experiences of ghostly encounters, lots of documentaries with evidence of paranormal activity.....are you saying they are all liars??
I'm not talking about most haunted with Yvette Fielding and Derek(i'm an exhibitionist) Acorah...lol
I for one believe Sturge has had such experiences at work,why would he lie?
It is well known that Dovenby Hall has ghosts, and a lot of the staff have seen or heard something......

mowgli
30-03-11, 02:02 PM
there is a lot to do with low frequency sound waves, it is the same thing that big cats use to scared their prey into literally freezing to the spot....

Stuart
30-03-11, 02:02 PM
Well along with politics and religion i guess ghosts can be added to the list of topics not to discuss without arguments, we'll have to agree to disagree, there is plenty of people have had experiences of ghostly encounters, lots of documentaries with evidence of paranormal activity.....are you saying they are all liars??
I'm not talking about most haunted with Yvette Fielding and Derek(i'm an exhibitionist) Acorah...lol
I for one believe Sturge has had such experiences at work,why would he lie?
It is well known that Dovenby Hall has ghosts, and a lot of the staff have seen or heard something......

So you say that TV cant be falsified at all....? ;)

IF you tell someone there is a ghost somewhere, then most of the time the hoooman mind will invent a bit like a placebo drug will 'work' a lot of the time.

Hoochie
30-03-11, 02:14 PM
So you say that TV cant be falsified at all....? ;)

IF you tell someone there is a ghost somewhere, then most of the time the hoooman mind will invent a bit like a placebo drug will 'work' a lot of the time.

Not at all....obviously tv can be falsified to pull in viewers.....i mean there is lots and lots of people claim to have ghosts in their houses.......places of work, there is video footage, photos etc...............every single case of a ghost sighting cannot be fake/made up??

Stuart
30-03-11, 02:35 PM
A bit like the UFO sightings?

Not saying UFO's/aliens dont exist as it would be arrogant to think evolution is restrained to our planet, but you never get proper footage and its usually slackjawed hicks reporting on being bummed by an Alien.

If I told you there was a ghost in the ladies at santa pod, you'd probably 'see' it.

Tanya.
30-03-11, 02:39 PM
If I told you there was a ghost in the ladies at santa pod, you'd probably 'see' it.

Don't say that lol Despite the fact I personally don't believe they exist and won't until I see one...I still get petrified of going places where people say there have been sightings etc lol

Stuart
30-03-11, 02:45 PM
Don't say that lol Despite the fact I personally don't believe they exist and won't until I see one...I still get petrified of going places where people say there have been sightings etc lol

There is a ghost in trap 4 of the ladies at POD :p lol

of course, there isnt, its Baxter hiding in the rafters lol

mowgli
30-03-11, 02:47 PM
A bit like the UFO sightings?

Not saying UFO's/aliens dont exist as it would be arrogant to think evolution is restrained to our planet, but you never get proper footage and its usually slackjawed hicks reporting on being bummed by an Alien.

re the yokels.... its better than admitting that they are both christians & gay, so the alien probe story was invented.. we don't even expect to find intelligent life in the midwest of america.

Hoochie
30-03-11, 02:48 PM
I've never had any experience concerning a ghost but i firmly believe in them there is no reason for them not to exist, as with little green men and UFOs, i do not believe that we are the only life form on this planet, there has to be others out there.
They are far too clever though and i recon i have more chance of seeing a ghost than an alien...;)

Jack
30-03-11, 02:53 PM
every single case of a ghost sighting cannot be fake/made up??
Not in the slightest, its just people's interpretation of what they see that I disagree with.

I don't doubt people see or hear ghostly apparitions and sounds, but its the thinking they're self-aware spirits that interact with people and objects I am sceptical of.

As for aliens, if you were an intelligent race would you really come bungling down to the surface of this grotty little planet and present yourself to a raggedy band of inbreds who spend their entire time thinking of ever inventive ways of killing each other? lol

Tanya.
30-03-11, 02:55 PM
I've never had any experience concerning a ghost but i firmly believe in them there is no reason for them not to exist, as with little green men and UFOs, i do not believe that we are the only life form on this planet, there has to be others out there.
They are far too clever though and i recon i have more chance of seeing a ghost than an alien...;)

I'm not to sure which i'd be more petrified of seeing...would probably have to be ghosts as then possessions and poltergeists are most likely real too.
I've had to ban myself from watching any horror movies that involve little kids and ghosts since being pregnant...I'm such a chicken lol

sport
30-03-11, 02:55 PM
There is a ghost in trap 4 of the ladies at POD :p lol

of course, there isnt, its Baxter hiding in the rafters lol

Would rather see the ghost lol

Hoochie
30-03-11, 03:09 PM
As for aliens, if you were an intelligent race would you really come bungling down to the surface of this grotty little planet and present yourself to a raggedy band of inbreds who spend their entire time thinking of ever inventive ways of killing each other? lol lollollol very well said, and couldn't agree more...:thumb:

yellow_seh
30-03-11, 06:18 PM
looks like i managed to inadvertently start an argument :P either way ghosts or no ghosts urbexing is awesome.

Spudly
30-03-11, 06:20 PM
Aye ive been to a few local sites, ive not done a report on there but i am on 28days though, often spend hours on there just looking at the amount of places just left to ruin and abandoned, its such a shame:cry:

mowgli
30-03-11, 06:20 PM
looks like i managed to inadvertently start an argument :P either way ghosts or no ghosts urbexing is awesome. its surprising it took so long to go off topic really.......they usually manage to get to gay sex within 1/2 a page

Mike
30-03-11, 07:31 PM
Some of the most awesome places Ive ever been too are on 28 days.

On the subject of paranormal activity, Im quite an avid beliver.

db_1.2
30-03-11, 07:44 PM
We been in loads places like this as kids, and been the first ones in there too. Great fun

yellow_seh
30-03-11, 08:16 PM
We been in loads places like this as kids, and been the first ones in there too. Great fun

its interesting to see how many other people enjoy it there are some really amazing place to be seen if you know where to look, we are planning a trip to chernobyl and pripyat later in the year,:)

Andy
30-03-11, 09:10 PM
well,i like 28 days later,never seen a ghost,but years ago i was doing some bongs when this guy appeared......

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCE6WX8vtw-9AJyG8_D4aHiwG4jPo183XR0pVfvotipYaMwZHh

Benn
30-03-11, 09:19 PM
When your in an old hospital and you know its just the two of you it can be scarey.. Same for for old mod sites.. Where the base ment is so dark you can see your hand in front of your face...

db_1.2
30-03-11, 09:25 PM
its interesting to see how many other people enjoy it there are some really amazing place to be seen if you know where to look, we are planning a trip to chernobyl and pripyat later in the year,:)

Yeh, I'd love to keep doing it now. Intact, I think I may take a trip over some bunkers/tunnels tomorrow :d

I think that's the ultimate, as it's so untouched. I find places like that thrilling lol

steviegsi
30-03-11, 09:26 PM
First I've heard of urbexing. Probably not the best idea in NI incase you stumble on a paramilitary arms hide though.... I have grown fond of having kneecaps in the middle of my legs lol

Some interesting places on that site. Could make for a few nice pics of novas etc!

yellow_seh
30-03-11, 10:35 PM
anyone here going to download this year?

Cle
30-03-11, 10:36 PM

If that was true id be alot less scared at night

But tis pure s***e some of the things ive seen and heard scare the utter poop out me