PDA

View Full Version : C16XE clutch change

tom26
29-03-11, 08:44 PM
Im planning a clutch change soon and want to no peoples views on few questions.What parts do you have to removed to do this?How long roughly to change?Any special tools needed?Thankyou

mowgli
29-03-11, 09:22 PM
is it with the box that has the inspection covers or not?

if yes, then you can take it out without removing the engine or box, if no, then it is a gearbox out job.

mk1nova_rich
29-03-11, 09:27 PM
If you have an F13 box (inspection cover fitted) then you will need the special tool set for withdrawing the input shaft and holding the pressure plate.

If its an F15 then just ordinary tools for removing box - easiest way is to get the car on axle stands, remove passenger side tie bar and pull the gearbox out and underneath while the engine is supported (as it only has one mount)

I take the gearbox out either way cos I don't have the tool set lol

General Baxter
29-03-11, 09:32 PM
for the hassle of it,

i allways remove the box, just makes it easer, + gearbox oil change

AlexW
29-03-11, 10:48 PM
If you have an F13 box (inspection cover fitted)....

If its an F15 .....

Infact, Later F13 boxes dont have the inspection plate fitted eather, I had a box from a mk3 astra, Marked with F13 but no Inspection cover/plate thing.

I've just changed the gearbox on my corsa and the worst bit is lifting the gearbox back up and then lining it up on the input shaft.

Its also worth noting, Your need to line the clutch up, Proper tool is the best thing but I've always used just a socket extension and done it be eye