PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 automatic choke

lee24yorkshire
29-03-11, 09:20 AM
Is there anyway to convert an old 1.0L mk1 to automatic choke?

Thanks

mowgli
29-03-11, 10:31 AM
not easily. there was never a factory option for it. and to be honest, most people ripped the auto chokes off their larger engined models..

you may get some joy from the carb manufacturer

www.webcon.co.uk (http://www.webcon.co.uk) for weber
www.elringparts.com (http://www.elringparts.com) for pierburg

General Baxter
29-03-11, 10:42 AM
i think the problem is,

kids pass there tests in brand new cars, and dont know how to use a choke,

then they can only afford old cars with chokes lol

same with the powersteering posts lol

paul james
29-03-11, 12:27 PM
I liked having a choke on my first Nova, all part of the fun.

lee24yorkshire
29-03-11, 01:07 PM
i passed my test in 99 and yeah it did have a manual choke i was just wondering wether it could be done so i could use the remote start function on the alarm keyfob.

mowgli
29-03-11, 02:32 PM
why would you want to start your car when you aren't there???? its not like you live above the arctic circle & need to run it up to stop it freezing solid....

Royston
29-03-11, 03:12 PM
i passed my test in 99 and yeah it did have a manual choke i was just wondering wether it could be done so i could use the remote start function on the alarm keyfob.

Real Bling thenlol

It's always facinated me why people want a remote start, I'd be thank full it just started;)

It wouldn't work on the Sport I'd also need a remote throttle:d

mowgli
29-03-11, 03:34 PM
i'd be petrified if i sat funny & suddenly my car shot off up the street....

Royston
29-03-11, 05:07 PM
i'd be petrified if i sat funny & suddenly my car shot off up the street....

That would be my luck:roll: lol

Andy
29-03-11, 05:08 PM
That happened on a bbc programme i was watching the other day,a builder started his van after leaving it in gear showing off to a customer,it crushed him against the house and snapped his thigh bone LOL
Back on topic,the original question has to be the biggest waste of time i could think of,a close 2nd would be the remote start.

mowgli
29-03-11, 05:16 PM
wasn't there some numpty who started up a van in gear & caused an accident?? it was in the north, maybe you heard about it Andy?