PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 efi engine.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
28-03-11, 09:44 AM
Oddly reving at idle and cutting out when stopping.. could this be censors? what else could this be its kind of anoying me now lol

Also think its the older 1.6 gte engine

bmw156
28-03-11, 09:52 AM
sensor or air leak?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
28-03-11, 09:59 AM
sensor or air leak?

Hmm ok mate.. air leak asin from TB to Engine.. Gasket or not tight enough?

sensors i took all from TB out and gave a glean not made any difference what so ever.

mowgli
28-03-11, 10:51 AM
the coolant temp sender is a favourite. the air pipe from the AFM to the inlet regularly splits, and then the idle control valve can stick open, then there is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation EGR valve that can also fail.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
28-03-11, 11:04 AM
the coolant temp sender is a favourite. the air pipe from the AFM to the inlet regularly splits, and then the idle control valve can stick open, then there is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation EGR valve that can also fail.

thank you for these pointer :) this Fing Engine :@ more hassle than worth Lol

any pointers of where these are? EGR valve is the one on exhaust manifold?

coolant temp sensor on rad? not sure

Idle controll valve no idea?

AFM ? not sure

mowgli
28-03-11, 11:07 AM
egr valve is on the inlet manifold near the middle, it looks like an advance/retard thingy off a dizzy.

the Coolant temp sensor is under the dizzy on the head.

the ICV is a funny looking silver coloured thing in front of the TB and it has a rubber air hose connected to the pipe from the AFM to the TB, and an electric connector. you can test it by simply squeezing the pipe closed.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
31-03-11, 08:04 AM
egr valve is on the inlet manifold near the middle, it looks like an advance/retard thingy off a dizzy.

the Coolant temp sensor is under the dizzy on the head.

the ICV is a funny looking silver coloured thing in front of the TB and it has a rubber air hose connected to the pipe from the AFM to the TB, and an electric connector. you can test it by simply squeezing the pipe closed.

Mine doesnt have the icv thing if im corect :/

phazer
31-03-11, 09:20 AM
It has a hot start valve though doesn't it? This could be leaking air through also.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
31-03-11, 09:25 AM
It has a hot start valve though doesn't it? This could be leaking air through also.

Im not right engine knowlages in the sence of valves sensors ect whats a hot start valve?

I really need this problem sorting withough taking to a garage as they havent worked on novas for time..... lol so they prob guess as much as me lol

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
31-03-11, 09:52 AM
its not got an air flow meter ill try get a pic up of the engine as i think were all getting abit confused

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
31-03-11, 09:56 AM
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMPMiF884cs-MQbPxYyrJXOiliO76K7fpB8jGbkjUZBmFFZKXsYAEgZRpH:www .reallymeansounds.com/forum/attachments/technical-mechanical/26872d1267474265-vauxhall-engine-nova-002.jpg[\img]

its that type

i have found a hose at back of engine that has been blanked off its behind TB and goes under to the back of engine..

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
04-04-11, 09:38 AM
btt

mowgli
04-04-11, 10:08 AM
well you have the later c16se type.

the pipe that is blanked off.... what does it look like?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
04-04-11, 01:24 PM
well you have the later c16se type.

the pipe that is blanked off.... what does it look like?

From memory its a black pipe about 10inch long if it hasnt been cut and i think it comes from inder the TB