PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Wazza024
27-03-11, 12:42 PM
Im putting a complete front panel in my turbo with cross memeber but where the tie bars bolt to are you better putting the chassis plating kit on it or can you seam weld around the edges? And also are the chassis plating kits good from lmf if im better off doing that?

nova_saloon
27-03-11, 12:55 PM
they are there to give it extra strength. Just make sure you get the tracking done afterwards if fitting them. some people will say its good to do it, if you have a turbo and some people say otherwise. But LMF i thought were fine to use there is another place that sells them about the same price maybe cheaper but cant think of them.

Wazza024
27-03-11, 01:04 PM
they are there to give it extra strength. Just make sure you get the tracking done afterwards if fitting them. some people will say its good to do it, if you have a turbo and some people say otherwise. But LMF i thought were fine to use there is another place that sells them about the same price maybe cheaper but cant think of them.

I was thinking of adding it there but wasn't sure if just seam welding around rather than plating would be strong enough. If you can remember the other place let me know