PDA

View Full Version : International breakdown

Riggy
24-03-11, 08:07 PM
who etc ? and anyone that say the RAC will get neg rep lol

with the AA at the min , has anyone used there international service , does it limit you to the value of the car like some i have seen ?

what have you used/what were prices like/did you have to use it ?

thanking you

Austin_Nova16
24-03-11, 08:40 PM
I went to the alps over christmas in my 1990 110 Landy and got european cover from The AA. I'm already a roadside relay member but it cost me £88 for the additional cover for 8 days.

I believe they calculate it from the vehicle age.....thats what I think anyway.

Didn't use it fortunatly as it was nice and reliable.

Plug
24-03-11, 08:42 PM
dont think i could trust a nova for international driving its bad enough in this country,

Think im going to get it for the ring trip later in the year

mowgli
24-03-11, 09:10 PM
dont think i could trust a nova for international driving its bad enough in this country,

Think im going to get it for the ring trip later in the year

i have taken one across to germany, and back via spa,
and a 1978 ascona on a 1600 mile trip, or a £200 maestro on a longer 2 week trip thru france and had no problems at all, i would recommend having a go.. you can easily put enough parts into a shoe box to mend most things on a nova.

a lot of insurance companies offer their own deal, as do some travel insurers too

AlexW
24-03-11, 09:23 PM
A std nova would fit in a shoebox, Your struggle to keep all the spares for a LET in the boot. Although I'd be more worried about the fuel! lol

Plug
24-03-11, 09:39 PM
fuel is cheaper over there :) hoping to get it ready for the summer, then end of get over to the ring for a lap or two

blue_peg_16v
25-03-11, 07:19 PM
fuel is cheaper over there :) hoping to get it ready for the summer, then end of get over to the ring for a lap or two

not unless you get off the main routes and then it aint that much cheaper