PDA

View Full Version : how long to re register

bainyboy sr
24-03-11, 10:33 AM
how long does it take to re register a nova as a 2.0l and is there a fee? , the reason im asking is that im trying to get my nova to crail on the first of may will this give me enough time?

MK999
24-03-11, 11:16 AM
I was told by the DVLA to drive it with the lower tax on when I did mine, if I needed to. If you get a letter from your insurance company saying they are aware of this and will cover you in case of an accident then it should be up to any kind of scrutiny

Jack
24-03-11, 11:21 AM
I was told by the DVLA to drive it with the lower tax on when I did mine, if I needed to.
!!!!!!

Find out your local office and take the V5 to them to change over the counter. They'll do the tax and whatnot there as well if you have insurance and MOT sorted out as well. My V5 was returned about 10-14 days after that iirc.

MK999
24-03-11, 11:35 AM
!!!!!!

Find out your local office and take the V5 to them to change over the counter. They'll do the tax and whatnot there as well if you have insurance and MOT sorted out as well. My V5 was returned about 10-14 days after that iirc.

That's what I thought at the time, but that's what they told me to do. Baxter did the same with his I believe+the insurance cover letter thing.

bazil
24-03-11, 12:01 PM
Go to dvla office in Glasgow as jack says, west Campbell st iirc

bainyboy sr
24-03-11, 12:02 PM
!!!!!!

so i should insure it as a 2.0l and then take the docs into my local office and theyl tax it there and then ?

bainyboy sr
26-03-11, 12:25 AM
guys i need a bit more info

General Baxter
26-03-11, 10:55 AM
i went to my local DVLA

took with me
v5 with updated detales,
old tax disk,
mot,
and insurance
a enginners report

told the 'person' (trogladite) behind the counter i wish to change the cc on my log book,

he took everything off me, photocopyied it, stapled the photo copys to the logbook, sorted the tax disk out there and then, had to pay the extra for the higher rate,

he kept the log book, 3 months later new log book with 1998cc on it,

need anymore info?
this is how you wipe your bum,
pull some bog roll, put it between your cheeks and with a smooth wiping up movment, wipe, BEWARE of paper splitting

Jack
26-03-11, 11:53 AM
so i should insure it as a 2.0l and then take the docs into my local office and theyl tax it there and then ?
Yep. You'll need MOT as well don't forget.

First insure it (as a 2.0)
Then MOT it
Then tax it/amend V5 at local DVLA office.

:thumb:

bainyboy sr
26-03-11, 12:49 PM
thanks baxter i no how to wipe my own ass lol

how do i get an enginers report if i done it myself?

bainyboy sr
26-03-11, 12:49 PM
Yep. You'll need MOT as well don't forget.

First insure it (as a 2.0)
Then MOT it
Then tax it/amend V5 at local DVLA office.

:thumb:

thanks jack

Spudly
26-03-11, 12:55 PM
You need to enquire with a friendly garage to check over it and be willing to verify that it has been done to a competent standard and or that a five year old/napalm hasnt built it lol

bainyboy sr
26-03-11, 01:27 PM
lol cheers spud

Andy
26-03-11, 01:34 PM
Im sure theres an article about this somewhere...........

General Baxter
26-03-11, 05:43 PM
You need to enquire with a friendly garage to check over it and be willing to verify that it has been done to a competent standard and or that a five year old/napalm hasnt built it lol

in da trade lol

brainsnova
26-03-11, 06:20 PM
Before the engineers report was in force i wonder how many napalms slipped through the net.

General Baxter
26-03-11, 06:49 PM
mine did, then i started to sign my own reports lol