PDA

View Full Version : GTE rear bumper for saloon

kiwinova
24-03-11, 02:22 AM
I'm trying to make my saloon a GTE kinda thinglol and I was just wondering if anyone has tried extending a rear GTE bumper to fit?

Jack
24-03-11, 11:24 AM
No.

lol Would be quite difficult IMO with the edges of the bumper being quite small. What about cutting down an astra or cavalier bumper?

Or use a Mk2 rear bumper and try to make that more GTE-ish - square it off a bit, add in a GTE splitter and extend it round the sides (which would be easier IMO than extending an entire GTE bumper)

kiwinova
24-03-11, 12:25 PM
Hmmm they sound easierlol

I was thinking of getting 2 gte bumpers cutting the sides off the first bumper right near the end, then cutting the 2nd bumper in the middle taking however much is needed to extend to the correct size then somehow sticking it all together lol

brainsnova
24-03-11, 12:38 PM
Could you not use a mk1 saloon bumper but just use the sides then put the gte back and ends on filling the missing bit.

TonySR
24-03-11, 01:17 PM
The GTE bumper is made up or two parts, the bumper and the extension.

It will fit a normal hatch rear bumper with a little modifying. Getting it to fit a saloon rear could be done with some extra plastic and fibreglass to extend the sides.

Novasport
24-03-11, 08:48 PM
Saloon Mk1 bumpers are a lot shallower. I think you have the best idea to use two GTE hatch bumpers and extend each side with the ones cut from the 2nd bumper.