PDA

View Full Version : Rose jointed caster/camber brackets

rallypvc
22-03-11, 10:06 AM
Where can I get some from seen some on eBay for £190 delivered but seems a little pricey to me

GRUNT 16V
22-03-11, 10:34 AM
you will pay that from most places !!

Stuart
22-03-11, 11:02 AM
Then make your own...... and find out that actually for £190 its pretty good value as the faffing about getting the design 'acceptable' is a total pain in the ass lol

rallypvc
22-03-11, 01:04 PM
Then make your own...... and find out that actually for £190 its pretty good value as the faffing about getting the design 'acceptable' is a total pain in the ass lol

Think I might have ago as I can get the material for free and machining free would only need to pay for two spherical bearings just a bit of design work not to hard on auto cad

Stuart
22-03-11, 01:12 PM
Go for it.... Time isnt free ;) but people dont understand that.

I made some ages ago as they were nearly a grand for the pair back then, and frankly if someone offered me some for £190 I'd have ripped their arms off lol

rallypvc
22-03-11, 01:18 PM
Go for it.... Time isnt free ;) but people dont understand that.

I made some ages ago as they were nearly a grand for the pair back then, and frankly if someone offered me some for £190 I'd have ripped their arms off lol

Think I'll give it a few hours. I'll get paid for my time if I do it while I'm at work as a little background project lol

If that fails I'll buy a pair for £190 just wondered if anyone had seen them cheaper else where really

rallypvc
22-03-11, 01:21 PM
I don't really mind the time designing as im quite sad I actually enjoy it lol
Had to make a lot of one off stuff for my project so far rack ends, top mounts, engine mount, rad mounts, drive shafts and the list goes on and I truly have enjoyed it

bmw156
22-03-11, 03:45 PM
just buy a pair. and remake them if you can do them cheap.

simples lol.

phunkynova
22-03-11, 04:06 PM
Get them from Compbrake £45 each.
http://www.compbrake.co.uk/TOPMOUNTS/TOPMOUNTS_VAUXHALL.html
Sorry your looking for Tie bar mounts not top mounts Dooh

C612DNM
22-03-11, 10:31 PM
Because of the grief that they get, don't go for cheap rosejoints. You'll pay for it in failures (and worse case - accident damage).

Quality joints of the size required will push you up to the £190 and more. Aurora quality joints of the right size for the job (1/2" bore with 1/2" thread) are going to set you back about £100 each, plus threaded inserts, locknuts, etc...

Not forgetting your time, welding consumables, mistakes, etc....