PDA

View Full Version : 16v brakes

stugsi
17-06-03, 06:10 PM
hello i fitted my 16v brakes on sat before pv on sunday and when i got back i kept hearing a rubing noise just thought it was the brake pads bedding in

found out it was the sliver bracket catching on my wheels and leaving a mark ive bent it away but its very close to the wheel still. is this ok has anyone else had this trouble

my wheels are speedlines

Dicko
17-06-03, 06:12 PM
u mean the dust gaurd that goes over the disc?

are you sure its the wheels its rubbing on, usualy rubs on the disc itself, just get some pliers of bend it away a little, you can actually take if off but best not to if u can keep it on

stugsi
17-06-03, 06:52 PM
no mate its that bracket at the front to stop the pads from rattling

Dicko
17-06-03, 07:04 PM
u mean the clip?
got any pics

YellowTurbo
17-06-03, 10:47 PM
stu i had the same problem with the same wheels.....the caliper rubs on the inside of the hub on the nova i had to space mine out 3 mm out cause i had brand new pads/disks the wheel wouldnt even go on.....the more the pads wear down the better the wheels wil fot :)

mikeoxford
17-06-03, 11:56 PM
hello i fitted my 16v brakes on sat before pv

*COUGH* stu *COUGH* he couldnt have bled the brakes on his own :x :lol:

LOL ull be fine when they wear down mate........

novax
18-06-03, 12:36 PM
Hi, what size are your wheels? I've fitted plenty of these to \Novas and never spaced them or had them rub. 15" wheels are really needed to stop the caliper face touching but you say it's the side "anti-rattle" spring. Bizzarre!!! Never heard of that, post some pics for me to see please.

Ste_Nova
18-06-03, 12:40 PM
they rubbed on my speedlines... i just bent a V shape into it

stugsi
18-06-03, 05:02 PM
yeah ive bent a v into them now not catching but very close thanks for your help guys and a special thanks to mike for bleding them for me :D

mikeoxford
18-06-03, 05:23 PM
yeah ive bent a v into them now not catching but very close thanks for your help guys and a special thanks to mike for bleding them for me :D

oh dont worry stu! cos youll be doing the recon on my calipers and fitting them for me same as yours as there well lush! also that spare set of drums you got - can u send them to be powdercoated for me same as yours? ill fone you tonight or tomorow!

its wagons roll on my motor as ive got even more money to play with now :D

Aragorn
18-06-03, 07:01 PM
u should polish and chrome the calipers and drums ;)