PDA

View Full Version : LSD's

Gareth_C
21-03-11, 02:40 PM
While Im one the conquest of transmission bliss I was thinking of selling the F28 with my quaife ATB fitted. Could anybody suggest any better diffs for a valver. As its for circuits and drag, is there a plated diff that would be better? Or just stick with a mech geared diff :thumb:

Stuart
21-03-11, 03:05 PM
depends on what you like....

I personally hate the way ATB's work, others love them and hate plates.
For a proper track car I;d always say plate diff... but thats my opinion.

Try to drive both.

Gareth_C
21-03-11, 03:07 PM
depends on what you like....

I personally hate the way ATB's work, others love them and hate plates.
For a proper track car I;d always say plate diff... but thats my opinion.

Try to drive both.
I was thinking about maybe a gripper or trans x diff but there is so many varients for the ramp angle etc can you get a all round plate diff so it can be used for either drag or circuit.

Stuart
21-03-11, 03:09 PM
Gripper would be my port of call due to them being small and helpful ;)

Tran-X would be fine though.

iirc Dan is running a 90% diff and its acceptable, but perhaps an 80% would be more pleasant for road/track (drag is just a 100% locked requirement imho)

Gareth_C
21-03-11, 03:11 PM
Gripper would be my port of call due to them being small and helpful ;)

Tran-X would be fine though.

iirc Dan is running a 90% diff and its acceptable, but perhaps an 80% would be more pleasant for road/track (drag is just a 100% locked requirement imho)

I think dave dixon is running 90% and iirc he said that wouldnt really work on corners well???

mowgli
21-03-11, 03:12 PM
have you thought about swapping gearboxes for different occasions? cos what works on the road, track & drag strip are totally different. like stu says, for the strip, a locked diff would work a treat.

Gareth_C
21-03-11, 03:16 PM
have you thought about swapping gearboxes for different occasions? cos what works on the road, track & drag strip are totally different. like stu says, for the strip, a locked diff would work a treat.

I see what your saying mate and in theroy I would love to do it but I was planning on going to a sccr box (F20) and being the lazy git I am sell the F28 with the quaife still in it and get a different diff which would also fund the new diff if that makes sense :thumb:

Dayle_
21-03-11, 05:05 PM
the advantages of an atb type diff is you can whack it in the box and thats it, .it shouldnt need any maintanance. i cant reccomend a gripper diff enougth all though they sound awful we run a 90% in the pug rally car. pulling out of a junction on full lock they are soo noisy and shaft breakers if you happen to floor them with full lock. you drive them diffrent to a qauife you need to drive agresivley for them to grip as we found out when we first fitted one you need to chuck it in and let the diff do the work to drag you out.

Stuart
21-03-11, 05:08 PM
I found you can drive like a fanny and a plate will get you out of whatever trouble you try to get into, whereas driving an ATB gently would nearly kill me everytime lol

Gareth_C
21-03-11, 06:56 PM
spoke to gripper and they said a 40/60 angle rally diff was the one they suggest for said application. The only problem if i want a mech speedo its 8weeks for delivery :cry: