PDA

View Full Version : rear spring help

moffat
21-03-11, 12:33 PM
fitted some -100mm gazmatic rear springs on my nova, sat on lever ground, handbreak off, but one side sits lower than the other, shocks werent fitted when i first put springs in, its on speedlines with a 45 profile tyre and rolled archs anyone got any idea why its not sitting the same?

mowgli
21-03-11, 12:44 PM
manufacturing differences
bent chassis
wear & tear... is it the lhs that is lower by any chance? cos the lhs of a british vehicle always gets bashed more from being in the gutter all the time.

you could get some of those adjustable rear platforms off ebay

moffat
21-03-11, 12:48 PM
chassis is all straight and all solid, the adjustable platforms wont fit as the spring pigtails are same size as standard ones, think the only other way around it is to heat up the rhs spring and compress it down so there both the same?

mowgli
21-03-11, 12:53 PM
ring GAZ before doing anything else.. could you put a washer in to shim it up?

moffat
21-03-11, 12:57 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163903&page=14

pics at the bottom. want the drivers side sitting like the passenger side

MK999
21-03-11, 01:03 PM
try finding a flat bit of ground and not putting a brick under one side only. Trying to get it level on a pissed drive while loading one side of the suspension with the weight of the car trying to roll down the hill will not work.

mowgli
21-03-11, 01:05 PM
tbf, your driveway is hardly an F1 setting up rig, now, is it? so there will be a bit of difference in the levels, and the front tyres look a tad low too... the springs do look a bit different, ring gaz, see if they'll swap them

MK999
21-03-11, 01:07 PM
Very low springs always look totally different if they're rotated slightly, due to the lack of coils. One side looks like it has 3 coils on it and the other just the 1. Odd and hard to explain without having them in front of you. My money is on the pissed drive and the springs are fine imo.

moffat
21-03-11, 01:12 PM
ahh right thats my mates drive which is a lot more level than mine tbh, aye the fronts low too, on coilovers and tyres are very soft. i know what you mean about rotating the springs. got the springs 2nd hand off corsasport so cant send them back. mk999 your probs right

brainsnova
21-03-11, 02:03 PM
Who owns the pink framing lol