PDA

View Full Version : No antiroll bar?

rallypvc
20-03-11, 04:24 PM
I've heard that some people are running rally and track cars without an anti roll bar at the front?
Is this true?
What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Steve0011
20-03-11, 04:51 PM
yes true, i am going to try mine without to test what happens. there a bit like marmite you either love or hate them ;)

craig green
20-03-11, 05:01 PM
I removed mine years ago & never looked back, albeit for fast road use but tbh if you have stiffer suspension then the ARB makes little difference anyway, its such a crude design & just adds to the unsprung weight of the car.

Southie
20-03-11, 08:41 PM
It's down to personal preference, so try it with the arb and without and see what you thinks best IMO.

kevster
20-03-11, 08:46 PM
i never had one on mine , never really bothered me

as above each to there own about it

Dayle_
21-03-11, 11:35 AM
We don't run them on any of the rally car's I've been in and the C2R2 seemed to be alot more responsive when the ARB was disconnected. Turned in alot more and got the back end out.

nova_saloon
21-03-11, 01:46 PM
ive alwasy been stuck on choice with doing this. some people do and some people dont. I kinda want solid proof of which one is better for handling on road and proof of off road and what not. cause otherwise i will rip the thing off. as its annoying having to remove it all the time to do anything to the XE!

AlexW
21-03-11, 02:13 PM
There isnt solid proof, It depends what you like the feel of or how you drive.

I much preferred mine without.

nova_saloon
21-03-11, 02:47 PM
yeh thats fair enough what were the difference that you could state out that you noticed?

mowgli
21-03-11, 02:49 PM
too big a subject, tyres, springs & dampers, condition of bushes, top mounts, weight distribution, driving style, local road conditions, horsepower.. gear ratios, tyre pressures.etc....

buy one, try one, then if you can't see an improvement, then sell it.

mowgli
21-03-11, 02:50 PM
when i ran my std 1.2, people could see the exhaust middle box when following me round corners cos it was leaning so much.. on my soft springs now, i run front & rear arb & it feels very comfy, yet hangs on round bends.

your choice.

phunkynova
21-03-11, 03:35 PM
I was testing my rally car on Sunday at a private rally test track first run's with the front ARB on the car then next run's without front ABR.
Results are with my car on tarmac rally suspension turn was better and understeer was less without the front ARB and just to check it was not just a feeling we timed the run's and without front ARB the car was quicker.
But this dose not mean it will be the same for a road car.

C612DNM
22-03-11, 10:11 PM
I tried no ARB on my race car. It softens the front end, reducing the understeer at turn-in, but because of the increased body roll, increases understeer mid-turn, and a tendency to oversteer on corner exit - making the laptime slower.

Removing the rear ARB softens the back end, inducing greater understeer

Before you tinker with suspension, first you need to understand it.

mowgli
22-03-11, 10:28 PM
Before you tinker with suspension, first you need to understand it.

the single most important comment on car modification that has ever been posted on the interweb

C612DNM
22-03-11, 10:33 PM
Though it often falls on deaf ears on here, and other modified car forums.