PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 wont turn off?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
19-03-11, 01:45 AM
Well Wired The nova in and its starts.. just after messing around 2 days! but now wont turn off.. when key is out its still running

any ideas? ATM im having to stall it....

Also its running at high revs at tick over, and i have a brown/blue wire that's been snipped about 10 cm from ecu and no trace of it any where else.:thumb:

brainsnova
19-03-11, 01:52 AM
You have a permanent live to the coil instead of switched live or something like that.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
19-03-11, 10:15 AM
still need help on this :/ its lost me :L all my lives are correct from what i see..

maddogdaz666
19-03-11, 11:24 AM
a black wire must be wired to perminant live and not ignition live

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
19-03-11, 12:37 PM
a black wire must be wired to perminant live and not ignition livecheers daz sorry bout yest

mowgli
19-03-11, 12:51 PM
a black wire must be wired to perminant live and not ignition live

the black wire is the one that goes from the ign switch to the ecu, but needs to be connected to the original coil feed wire from the ign switch, so it is on when cranking the starter.

shed-on-wheels
19-03-11, 04:18 PM
right thin black (ign live) thick red(perm live) thick red/blue (fuel pump) aslon as you got these wired corctly then you will be able to start and shut off your car it sounds to me as you have your thin black running to a perm live not ign and your ecu is costantly on think of how a ecu powers to a amplifier for your subwoofer, you have a constant live and earth on the body but ecu goes loom engine then body ect but when you turn you head unit on the remote will power up your amp by sendin a signal to it you put that constant live it wont turn off same as when you turn your ignition on and of it should all work lol