PDA

View Full Version : fans...in car heaters

frog_southampton
17-06-03, 12:52 PM
my heaters dont work in the car, had em on cold for past few days...

how do i fix em? anyone had any probs like this?

damn thing!

Dicko
17-06-03, 03:11 PM
its fcukin roasting what u need heaters 4 :P

uv either got a block or matrix has gone. or maybe a cable has snaped? does the lever move very easily now?

frog_southampton
17-06-03, 06:13 PM
the heaters on cold setting dont work! or on hot the motor gone i think? anyone elses ever broke?

Dicko
17-06-03, 06:28 PM
so yoiu mean the fan not te heater. if u turn the knob for the fan it still produces no air?

have you checked the fuse?

frog_southampton
17-06-03, 06:37 PM
fuses are ok

when turn hot/cold fans on there is no air

pickle
20-06-03, 10:36 PM
doe's your car make a squeeking noise too? mine did.u may need to bleed the heaters and shit i had that with my first nova, it was a mk1. just run your engine and pour water in the engine and it should bubble round and fill it up with water! should work hope it doe's dude!

frog_southampton
21-06-03, 08:56 AM
sorry m8?

can u explain a bit more...

i did have a little leak in my rad the other week....
put bit of rad weld in and fixed it
think was about the same time as fans went aswell

how do i bleed by heaters?

pickle
21-06-03, 01:58 PM
i dont know for deffinate how to bleed the radiators coz i didnt get round to doing mine coz the car packed in, but i think all u have to do is take the cap off the radiator ( where u put the water in) keep the car running and every few minutes pour some water in ( with the car running and that it should get all the air bubble's out and run the water through it) but id ask someone else b4 u do it just to make sure its right! sorry i cant be not much help mate.

ade
21-06-03, 10:35 PM
remove matrix cover (the plastic hood in the bbulkhead area) and turn on the fan on - if the motor doesnt kick in and start wizzing around either -

1 - the fan switch is busted/wire loose
2 - the fan woring has come unstuck
3 - the fans busted or jammed - make sure you turn it off then remove cover and check.

You say theres no air coming through - can you hear the fan start and turn?

If so check for blockage in air ducts (if ALL vents have no air then its a central blockage) - possibly the ducts have seperated from the 2 side vents - my mk2 vents did this once.

Ade