PDA

View Full Version : XE to Nova help!

rysmee
16-03-11, 04:47 PM
hey,
I have the later type ribbed belt on my XE so need to change it to a single V to get it in the nova.
I see plenty of single V crank pulleys for sale but none for the alternator.
Does anyone know of where these can be got hold of, or if the earlier type XE alternator pully can be swapped with the later type ( although i have been looking on ebay for months now and have not seen an earlier one for sale) unless i'm missing something here?!
any info appreciated,
cheers :)

shed-on-wheels
16-03-11, 05:24 PM
igot mine from a scrappy from a fonterra 2.0 8v

MattBrown
16-03-11, 05:26 PM
I got mine off a 2l 8v cav, although mount was fdifferant.

I have used a 1.0 one in the past.

Jack
16-03-11, 08:42 PM
If you have the cash I guess you could just swap in an early style alternator?

Spudly
16-03-11, 08:47 PM
Does this mean the multi v pulley cannot be removed and swapped for a single v?

Balley
16-03-11, 09:01 PM
Does this mean the multi v pulley cannot be removed and swapped for a single v?

Yes IIRC they are different shafts :(

Spudly
16-03-11, 09:04 PM
Bollox, thats only two feckin weeks old:cry:

Balley
16-03-11, 09:09 PM
Bollox, thats only two feckin weeks old:cry:

What are you planning Spud, I read your facebook thing earlier and couldn't make head nor arseholes of it ?

Would I be right in thinking you are going use your Cav as a donor for a Nova :(

Spudly
16-03-11, 09:20 PM
As above, ive had a pearler of a nova fall into my hands for a fantastic price and as much as im against killing cavs for conversions, mine is properly rotten underneath so would need a reshell or stripping when the mot runs out:cry:

Balley
16-03-11, 09:25 PM
Good man, back in a Nova for PVS then?

rysmee
17-03-11, 11:53 AM
right that answers it then, i've got the pully off the old alternator and was going to see if a single v fit on that but i guess i'll just have to get a complete alternator.
Anyone know what else will fit on there thats not original xe? i know shed-on- wheels has suggested a frontera, but anything else ?? (just to keep my search as wide as poss)
As i said previously i've been scouring E-bay for months and haven't seen a single pully XE one at all...