PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 8v to 1.6 16v

michael squeak
15-03-11, 06:43 PM
h every one
ive asked this on allcorsa.com but havent found any answers, so seeing how a few of you have corsas on here its worth a try, or you might have some info any way

im planning on fitting a x16xe to my corsa breeze. i have the engine box loom.v ecu key and transponer.

will i need a new tank? ive heard things about swirl pots etc.. and changing the fuel pump. or will mine work?

also mounts? are they the same? mine has powersteering if this makes a difference? ive been told it might.

also any other problems i might run in to or other people have experienced appreciated

thanks mike

rysmee
17-03-11, 03:19 PM
Hey, im no corsa expert and dont know much about the 16xe but first things first is yours an injection or carb?
thats what will make all the difference. if its injected already then you have an electric fuel pump and higher pressure lines so all is good i believe.
When you say yours has power steering do you mean on the 1.2 already? if so then that should be simple enough to hook up.
if not then you may want to think about ditching the power steering from the 1.6 as it will only take power away! otherwise surely and PAS rack from any other corsa will fit?
As for mounts i have no clue but surely you can judge by looking at what you have already and whether they are similar?
The hardest thing is going to be changing the looms, as you will need to strip the 1.2's and install the 16 with its own loom, which will be fun... :)

Connor
17-03-11, 05:22 PM
Have a word with AlexW on here, hes quite knowlegable on that subject